Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 12:46 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
LOL, your reply is exactly what I expected, more of the same right-wing rhetoric and totally ignoring the facts. Please feel free to select Cruz and your candidate, the DNC will absolutely Love it ad you can get used to the idea of saying Madame President Hillary Clinton. I will hope the GOP has more sense and fields a quality candidate.
This in a nutshell is why Democrat's are going to lose, you have nothing to run on. Relying completely on the quality of the republican candidate is why Hillary is going to lose. A campaign of "look, I'm pretty bad, but look how terrible the Republicans are" isn't going to drive people to vote. You have yet to show:

1) Why Democrats deserve the presidency after 8 years of, at best, mediocrity

2) why Hillary deserves to be president.

I'd have respect for your position if you could actually respond to points #1 and #2 above. I can already tell that Hillary's campaign is going to be about gay marriage and "look how crazy the republicans are".

Old 04-20-2015, 01:26 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
The NH event was more like a Roast for Hillary .. All the "candidates" trying to out ridicule her, instead of presenting why people should select them as their Party's Candidate. And people wonder why the Repub primary is equated to a Klown Kar farce .... go figure.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:41 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
I don't see any of the Republican candidates as a good enough alternative if they don't overly flip flop or could be electable.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:06 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,335 times
Here's how it will play out. During the primary, the Republicans will be scampering to prove that their views are crazier than their opponents. All of this will be captured on video and replayed during the general election, preventing the nominee from trying to move back to the middle. Too late, the damage has been done. Hillary will coast to the White House.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:17 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The NH event was more like a Roast for Hillary .. All the "candidates" trying to out ridicule her, instead of presenting why people should select them as their Party's Candidate. And people wonder why the Repub primary is equated to a Klown Kar farce .... go figure.
They're all obsessed with Hillary. I'm afraid that any future president from that crowd would just continue to obsess about Hillary in much the same manner that Humphrey Bogart obsessed about the strawberry incident.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:26 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,263,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Considering the fact that the main, indeed only significant issue, in the 2016 presidential race is whether people want change or if they are satisfied with the status quo, it actually makes perfect sense.

All of the Republicans are in favor of Change, Mrs. Clinton is the candidate for those satisfied with the way things are.

Getting people in the mood for change is the first stage of the campaign, once people get the taste for change, then the menu can be described.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:27 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,298 times
F**K republicans and F**k democrats.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:37 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am curious how the GOP plans to make it to 270....that seems to be the mystery they can't figure out. Maybe they could take some more time to think about it when a Democrat wins in 2016.
Pretty much this^

As a centrist that doesn't even vote, I don't really have a dog in this fight; however, I can say without any hesitation that a Dem will win in 2016 unless the Republicans find an amazing candidate that has yet to surface. Even with low turnout and a crappy Dem candidate, The best the Republican party can hope for is winning the popular vote, which I won't be surprised if they do. There just isn't any realistic way to 270 for the Republican party at this point in time.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:58 PM

698 posts, read 588,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Hillary Clinton = low Democrat voter turnout = Republican victory regardless of who is nominated. I am so excited for GOP White House and Congress because America can finally heal, clean up Obama's mess, and move forward.
This is the 2015 version of the "unskewed polls" that showed Romney coasting to victory.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
This in a nutshell is why Democrat's are going to lose, you have nothing to run on. Relying completely on the quality of the republican candidate is why Hillary is going to lose. A campaign of "look, I'm pretty bad, but look how terrible the Republicans are" isn't going to drive people to vote. You have yet to show:

1) Why Democrats deserve the presidency after 8 years of, at best, mediocrity

2) why Hillary deserves to be president.

I'd have respect for your position if you could actually respond to points #1 and #2 above. I can already tell that Hillary's campaign is going to be about gay marriage and "look how crazy the republicans are".
There ya go again, showing your ignorance when it comes to my politics. ONE MORE TIME: I am not nor have I ever been a Democrat or a Republican and I vote for candidates from both Parties on a regular basis. Hence Hillary Clinton is Not my candidate since and until the real candidates from the GOP declare it is a waste of time even comparing the couple of "never gonna win" guys to Clinton is a total waste of time.
1) I never said that they do, just as I do not believe the Republicans DESERVE after their obstructionism and lack of results.

2) She is every bit as qualified, if not more, than any of the so-far declared candidates, so that is not the determining factor.

I have no idea what her points will be the actual election is over a year and half away, many topics will come to the forefront. I will be interested in hearing what ideas the Con candidates present and how they plan on getting them implemented, simply attacking Clinton and saying they are not Hillary is not a good reason to vote them into office for thinking voters, sheep love it but they are easily swayed. So lets hear the actual platforms and details before making choices, or will you simply vote Republican no matter who it is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections