Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 01:35 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times

Advertisements

Trump draws thousands to Phoenix rally - CNNPolitics.com

At what was his largest campaign event yet -- with a huge U.S. flag stretched from one side of the stage to the other -- Donald Trump addressed his faithful followers Saturday at the Phoenix Convention Center.

Two dozen supporters stood behind the Republican presidential candidate holding signs reading, "Trump, Make America Great Again," while an estimated 5,000 supporters looked on.

Expressing his amazement at the size of the crowd, Trump said, "This is unbelievable. This began as 500 people in a ballroom in Phoenix."

The campaign was asked to move to a larger venue to accommodate the thousands of people who wanted tickets, according to Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks.

The Trump campaign said 15,000 tickets were distributed for the event at the Phoenix Convention Center, where the North Ballroom has a capacity of only 4,200, according to the facility's website. The campaign said thousands were turned away because of fire regulations.

Donald Trump is getting ROCK STAR Reception!! Trump is taking America by Storm.

Trump spoke to a huge crowd in Phoenix. Yes, Donald Trump is gathering TONS of support for his ''Make America Great Again'' campaign. Trump tore into Repub Jeb Bush, saying he's surprised Bush is even close to his lead in the polls.

Donald Trump IS HOT and is taking America by Storm.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 08:01 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
... while an estimated 5,000 supporters looked on.

Expressing his amazement at the size of the crowd, Trump said, "This is unbelievable."
not really. it's an impressive number, altho about half of the 9,000 that trump had stated would be attending, but bernie sanders pulled in 10,000 at a recent rally in WI.

i also noted that sheriff arpaio introduced trump by going birther, pretty much killing any credibility:

"[trump and i] have a couple things in common. i don't talk about it much, the birth certificate.[crowd laughs and cheers] well, he investigated it and i am."

Old 07-12-2015, 08:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
not really. it's an impressive number but bernie sanders pulled in 10,000 at a recent rally in WI.
Which pretty much disputes the notion the left has been trying to push forward over the last few years that Clinton is a shoe in for Presidency

Old 07-12-2015, 08:21 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
From what I read. The venue where Trump made his speech only held about 4,500 and many were turned away due to lack of space.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
not really. it's an impressive number, altho about half of the 9,000 that trump had stated would be attending, but bernie sanders pulled in 10,000 at a recent rally in WI.

[/i]

Quote from article:
''The Trump campaign said 15,000 tickets were distributed for the event at the Phoenix Convention Center, where the North Ballroom has a capacity of only 4,200, according to the facility's website. The campaign said thousands were turned away because of fire regulations.''

Donald Trump's hitting so many important subjects HEAD ON, that he is HOT enough that he's starting a Fire simply expressing his plans.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:48 AM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Quote from article:
[b]''The Trump campaign said 15,000 tickets were distributed for the event at the Phoenix Convention Center, where the North Ballroom has a capacity of only 4,200, according to the facility's website. The campaign said thousands were turned away because of fire regulations.''
ok, i misunderstood. i thought the "north ballroom" was the previous venue, not a section of the phoenix convention center.

but now this begs the question, if you know you have a venue with a 4,200 capacity why would you predict 9,000 attending and distribute 15,000 tickets?

Old 07-12-2015, 08:49 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:

i also noted that sheriff arpaio introduced trump by going birther, pretty much killing any credibility:

"[trump and i] have a couple things in common. i don't talk about it much, the birth certificate.[crowd laughs and cheers] well, he investigated it and i am."
Well, Trump and Arpaio deserve each other - two birds of a kind who are publicity hounds and engage in nativist rhetoric, not to mention birtherism.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:58 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
ok, i misunderstood. i thought the "north ballroom" was the previous venue, not a section of the phoenix convention center.

but now this begs the question, if you know you have a venue with a 4,200 capacity why would you predict 9,000 attending and distribute 15,000 tickets?
I've been wondering the same thing. It's either poor planning or they planned all along to move the event to a bigger venue and planned to use the move as a 'show and tell stunt' to create media buzz. This doesn't pass the smell test.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I've been wondering the same thing. It's either poor planning or they planned all along to move the event to a bigger venue and planned to use the move as a 'show and tell stunt' to create media buzz. This doesn't pass the smell test.
haha...It's your posts on HERE which don't pass the smell test. Typical 'Leftest' destructive agenda based commentary on most of the Conservative Threads/posts on this forum.

Someone mentioned there ARE many ''hired shills'' which are working to disrupt all that is constructive, Conservative Commentary.

Those with Sapient perception....can often Smell them.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:04 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Most of Trump's speech was a childish "oh yea, well you are a loser" rant against the companies who dumped him, sprinkled with examples of how great and rich he is and conspiracy theories about the Mexican government out to get him. Trump is turning into a one issue xenophobic candidate. Let's see if he can keep it up for the next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections