Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 05:26 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,464 times

Advertisements

Matthews, along w/ his Leftest talk panel, on HARDBALL...just spent the first 15 mins of his Show, pointing out how smart, how tough, how impressive Donald Trump has been tearing up the competition, especially after ANY of them insult, criticize or slander him.

Howard Fineman raved about how sharp Trump is in countering his personal attackers. Said Trump has total info on all the bashers, such as Scott Walker, Jeb Bush, etc.

Trump is giving a High Level Clinic on Campagining...Never before seen.

When the Big Enemy, in this case, The Left....starts talking about the Conservative candidate with such complimentary style....you KNOW that Candidate IS TOO HOT to handle!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 05:37 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Why are you watching MSNBC? I bet you watch Al Sharpton's show, too. lol They thank you for increasing their rating by 25% tonight.

Didn't you sense a high degree of glee on the part of Matthews and his guests that Mr. Trump is humiliating the GOP field? They are not excited about Mr. Trump, they love watching him schooling the rest of the impotent GOP candidates. Think about it, if they were such leftists, shouldn't they have sounded really concerned about Mr. Trump? Nope.

See, if Bernie were to make a run in the primaries, you know the entire Fox News crew, as well as AM starts, would take joy praising Bernie for taking it to Hillary with a populist message. Do they want Sanders to win the Democratic primaries? Of course, so that Jeb! can defeat him in the general.

Mick

Old 07-27-2015, 05:43 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
^I think you give them too much credit.

Matthews and Co. IMO are genuinely impressed by Trump. Nothing more to it than that.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
" GO TRUMP " he pulls voters from all directions, Rep., Dem., Ind. He is the bipartisan artisan. "GO TRUMP"

Old 07-27-2015, 05:54 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
^I think you give them too much credit.

Matthews and Co. IMO are genuinely impressed by Trump. Nothing more to it than that.
LOL You must think I'm a rant amateur ?!! No, Wrong. Simply pointing out...Trump is the ''Talk of the Town'' as my Dad would say.

And, perhaps...and likely so, at the end of the day, many will follow this adage, ''If you can't beat 'em...you join 'em'' and get out of the way of real progress!!

Old 07-28-2015, 03:40 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
LOL You must think I'm a rant amateur ?!!...
Well...... You did try to spin a complicated election conspiracy theory based around a relatively loud mouth TV teleprompter monkey and a now, almost obscure cable TV channel that is good to get a 1/2 million people to watch it each day.

Still.... You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

(I'm just kidding. I could have made a funny about how amateurs do like to rant.)

Old 07-28-2015, 04:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Matthews, along w/ his Leftest talk panel, on HARDBALL...just spent the first 15 mins of his Show, pointing out how smart, how tough, how impressive Donald Trump has been tearing up the competition, especially after ANY of them insult, criticize or slander him.

Howard Fineman raved about how sharp Trump is in countering his personal attackers. Said Trump has total info on all the bashers, such as Scott Walker, Jeb Bush, etc.

Trump is giving a High Level Clinic on Campagining...Never before seen.

When the Big Enemy, in this case, The Left....starts talking about the Conservative candidate with such complimentary style....you KNOW that Candidate IS TOO HOT to handle!!
The key word is "after" they attack first. Fox News seems to have forgotten that McCain called Trump supporters "crazies," Scott Walker's minion called Trump DumbDumb, Lindsey Graham called Trump a "jackass," Charles Krauthammer called Trump a "rodeo clown" and George Will called Trump a one-man Todd Aiken" all BEFORE Trump called them anything. Yet Fox News, other Republican personalities and candidates fighting for tenth place are never called on it or own up to it. I also think people who worked for GWB Dana Perino and Karl Rove, as well as George Will (his wife works for Scott Walker) should not play any role in the after-debate assessment.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:40 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The key word is "after" they attack first. Fox News seems to have forgotten that McCain called Trump supporters "crazies," Scott Walker's minion called Trump DumbDumb, Lindsey Graham called Trump a "jackass," Charles Krauthammer called Trump a "rodeo clown" and George Will called Trump a one-man Todd Aiken" all BEFORE Trump called them anything. Yet Fox News, other Republican personalities and candidates fighting for tenth place are never called on it or own up to it. I also think people who worked for GWB Dana Perino and Karl Rove, as well as George Will (his wife works for Scott Walker) should not play any role in the after-debate assessment.

Trump survived his attack on McCain, and he survived his attack on the lilting Lindsey Graham, but he may not survive his attack on Scott Walker. The conservative base saw that as digging up a bunch of union talking points.

And you can chuck these restrictions on "after-debate assessments." Someone isn't aware of the White House-Old News Media revolving door. Yet Perino, Rove, and Will are perceived as unfair? While George Stephanopoulos continues to flap his gums about anything political? Give me a break.

No wonder the left is laughing.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:45 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,041,078 times
The only thing going on is the highlight of how many in this country are stupid. Trump is all talk, an empty suit. It should take more than rhetoric to get people to support you.

Ive lost faith in this country. You have those who support Hillary no matter what and those that support Trump. I can not understand the logic that would support either of them.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:49 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
LOL You must think I'm a rant amateur ?!! No, Wrong. Simply pointing out...Trump is the ''Talk of the Town'' as my Dad would say.

And, perhaps...and likely so, at the end of the day, many will follow this adage, ''If you can't beat 'em...you join 'em'' and get out of the way of real progress!!
I like that: "rant amateur". As opposed to the "rant professional"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections