Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 09:53 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yes, I absolutely meant that BLM *could*. It is indeed my reference, when did I try to tap dance out of it? What, are you going to call me a racist? That's rich. lol.
Mick
You called it a "distortion" of what you meant. Tap dancing words to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 10:22 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Like I said above:

A Mexican drug lord and BLM need not be of same strength or ruthlessness to scare the living bejesus out of someone.

Mick
How do you teach your children about bullying? Can't "reason" with unreasonable people, you need to stand up for yourself. Sanders allowed this kind of behavior. He had security guards on stage who could have done something to these individuals, he only had himself to blame.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:39 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
How do you teach your children about bullying? Can't "reason" with unreasonable people, you need to stand up for yourself. Sanders allowed this kind of behavior. He had security guards on stage who could have done something to these individuals, he only had himself to blame.
Until Donald Trump is in the same situation he should not be talking. He needs to prove himself before he opens his mouth.

Twitter, like City Data is not real life. I know some Trumpets believe it is, like the ones that send "open letters" to the Messiah. Telling Rosie O'Donnell she is a fat pig over the internet is not the same as confronting a mob of angry black people in person. Trump couldn't even confront Megyn in person. A white conservative woman. He had to hide behind a computer screen. He waited a few hours to rehearse his comebacks and attack her on Twitter and on CNN.

The day he effectively confronts someone in person, that will be the day I will believe he is as brave as he claims he is.

Regarding bullying. There is not much you can teach your kid about that. It's just bad luck. Sometimes your kid will be outnumbered. Attacking back might work sometimes when it's only one kid going after another kid, but when it's two or more? Forget it. Change schools, and if still gets bullied in every school he goes to, then Home school. Teaching your kid to get violent will get you nowhere.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Until Donald Trump is in the same situation he should not be talking. He needs to prove himself before he opens his mouth.

Twitter, like City Data is not real life. I know some Trumpets believe it is, like the ones that send "open letters" to the Messiah. Telling Rosie O'Donnell she is a fat pig over the internet is not the same as confronting a mob of angry black people in person. Trump couldn't even confront Megyn in person. A white conservative woman. He had to hide behind a computer screen. He waited a few hours to rehearse his comebacks and attack her on Twitter and on CNN.

The day he effectively confronts someone in person, that will be the day I will believe he is as brave as he claims he is.
I think you have missed my point.

Like I said, I could have done better than Sanders in THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION. It is really not that difficult.

He had security guards ON STAGE. Let's not pretend Sanders did not have protection, he did.

If he really felt his life and audiences lives were in any kind of danger, he could have shut down the event and left.

The bottom line is that you do not give in to the bullies, You don't LET THEM TALK because it was NOT their event.

Plain and simple.

I asked a reasonable question and you changed subject to Trump. How do YOU teach your children about bullying? Just give in?

Old 08-14-2015, 10:48 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:

Like I said, I could have done better than Sanders in THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION. It is really not that difficult.

The bottom line is that you do not give in to the bullies, You don't LET THEM TALK because it was NOT their event.

Plain and simple.

I asked a reasonable question and you changed subject to Trump. How do YOU teach your children about bullying? Just give in?
We discussed this before. You and I are not running for president.

The subject is Trump, read the OP. I edited my previous post and answered your questioned. Yes I think you give in when you are outnumbered.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
We discussed this before. You and I are not running for president.

I edited my previous post and answered your questioned. Yes I think you give in when you are outnumbered.
Well, voters are seeking strong leadership. Strong leaders are in control in any given situations.

He was not outnumbered first of all, even if he was outnumbered, he had two choices

1. give in and let these people talk

2. leave the event without giving these bullies any opportunities to talk

Any strong leaders would have chosen the second option.

Remove yourself from a dangerous situation shows strength. Give up your principles, and give in to the bullies = weakness.

Edit: Nobody said you need to teach your children violence. Sanders had security guards on stage, use them. He allowed this type of behavior, like I said, he only had himself to blame.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM

998 posts, read 665,397 times
Quote:

Regarding bullying. There is not much you can teach your kid about that. It's just bad luck. Sometimes your kid will be outnumbered. Attacking back might work sometimes when it's only one kid going after another kid, but when it's two or more? Forget it. Change schools, and if still gets bullied in every school he goes to, then Home school. Teaching your kid to get violent will get you nowhere.
I see that you still have not watched the GOP debate that you keep commenting on. He did, in fact, confront her about the question, after responding to it.

Quote:
TRUMP: I have been nice to you, although I could probably maybe not be.
What do you expect him to do? He had one minute to give his answer. Was he supposed to come down from the stage and get in her face about it? He voiced his displeasure with her question briefly and succinctly. He followed up with some comments on Twitter. Oddly, Kelly has not invited him onto her show since then, so he hasn't exactly had any other opportunities to confront her in person.

It's like you seem to believe that the political process is some type of pro wrestling event. He made his comments and came to a resolution with FOX News about the matter a couple days later. He has since decided to move on.

Contrast this with Bernie, who, when met with any type of adversary, steps down and sulks before giving up and driving home. Is that who the left wants as their political leader? No wonder the world has been stepping all over us for the past 7 years.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981

Plain and simple.

Perhaps Sanders didn't view them as bullies but rather as an opportunity to get potential votes from the black community. You can't say with 100% certainty what you would have done in the same situation if you were running for president and had to gauge the crowd, the protesters and their message, the media coverage and your security.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Perhaps Sanders didn't view them as bullies but rather as an opportunity to get potential votes from the black community. You can't say with 100% certainty what you would have done in the same situation if you were running for president and had to gauge the crowd, the protesters and their message, the media coverage and your security.
When ANYBODY (black, white, asian, hispanic, mixed, aliens, e.t. whatever)

make comments like this

"You listen to her now, otherwise, your mic would be shut down"

It is pretty safe to assume they are manipulative bullies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BnbwUT7lBg

In my world, black community is much better than these two screaming women. I don't know ANY black folks act this way in real life.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:24 AM

998 posts, read 665,397 times
Quote:
When ANYBODY (black, white, asian, hispanic, mixed, aliens, e.t. whatever)

make comments like this

"You listen to her now, otherwise, your mic would be shut down"

It is pretty safe to assume they are manipulative bullies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BnbwUT7lBg

In my world, black community is much better than these two screaming women. I don't know ANY black folks act this way in real life.
Thanks for posting the video. That was the first time I actually watched the event unfold. Very, very sad display by Sanders that he allowed them to get up there and immediately appeased them. "We will give you the mic after Senator Sanders is done".

"Stop talking! Stop talking!"

Ok, we will give you the mic now

This man is obviously not presidential material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections