Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 02:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times

Advertisements

Latest New Hampshire CNN WMUR Poll Sept 24 2015 - conducted by the University of New
Hampshire Survey Center.
Likely Republican Voters

Note: This is not the same polling outfit posted here previously for NH. These people have not polled since July. Public Policy Polling and Monmouth have been polling previously here.

Trump 26%
Fiorina 16%
Rubio 9%
Carson 8%
Kasich 7%
Bush 7%
Christie 5%
Cruz 5%
Paul 3%
Gilmore 1%
Graham 1%

Everyone else less than 1%

PPP polled here last month. Monmouth posted their NH results 10 days ago and showed this. Monmouth polled Likely Republican Voters prior to the debate:

Trump 28% - up 4% from July
Carson 17% - up 12% from July
Kasich 11% - up 4% from July
Cruz 8% - up 5% from July
Fiorina 7% - up 4% from July
Bush 7% - down 5% from July
Paul 4% - down 1% from July
Rubio 4% - down 2% from July
Christie 2% - down 2% from July
Walker 2% - down 5% from July
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 05:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Latest New Hampshire CNN WMUR Poll Sept 24 2015 - conducted by the University of New
Hampshire Survey Center.
Likely Republican Voters

Note: This is not the same polling outfit posted here previously for NH. These people have not polled since July. Public Policy Polling and Monmouth have been polling previously here.

Trump 26%
Fiorina 16%
Rubio 9%
Carson 8%
Kasich 7%
Bush 7%
Christie 5%
Cruz 5%
Paul 3%
Gilmore 1%
Graham 1%

Everyone else less than 1%

PPP polled here last month. Monmouth posted their NH results 10 days ago and showed this. Monmouth polled Likely Republican Voters prior to the debate:

Trump 28% - up 4% from July
Carson 17% - up 12% from July
Kasich 11% - up 4% from July
Cruz 8% - up 5% from July
Fiorina 7% - up 4% from July
Bush 7% - down 5% from July
Paul 4% - down 1% from July
Rubio 4% - down 2% from July
Christie 2% - down 2% from July
Walker 2% - down 5% from July
Just shows how these polls can vary from month to month and even week to week. I love to see them, but do not put a lot of faith in them. All they do is give us bragging rights if our candidate has gained or is on top or give us reason to say: see, your candidate is losing speed even if they have even gone down 1%. i do think it shows a few candidates might want to think about dropping out before they waste any more money.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just shows how these polls can vary from month to month and even week to week. I love to see them, but do not put a lot of faith in them. All they do is give us bragging rights if our candidate has gained or is on top or give us reason to say: see, your candidate is losing speed even if they have even gone down 1%. i do think it shows a few candidates might want to think about dropping out before they waste any more money.
They are good for trending if you keep following the same polling company because the same methodology will be used from poll to poll. The candidates advisors should look to see if their candidate is trending up or down in the same polling outfit's poll. Their rank, if outside the margin of error, would be more important to me than the actual number. I'd pick which poll I was going to follow based on likely registered voters sampling.

Example:

Smith has 10% this month and Jones has 10% this month in the ABC poll. Jones and Smith are tied for second place and are outside the margin of error.

In the XYZ poll this month Smith has 8%, Jones has 12% and are outside the margin if error.

Last month Smith had 6% in the ABC poll, Jones had 13% and are outside the margin of error.

XYZ didn't poll last month.

I would toss the XYZ poll this month (although Jones desperately wants to brag about his 12%) and look at The ABC poll only because XYZ isn't putting out a monthly poll and I haven't been watching them over the months as events change. Smith improved by 4% and Jones went down 3%. So even though they are tied for second place with 10%, Smith is doing better than Jones right now. I would keep looking at the ABC monthly polls only, to see how my candidate is really doing by trending.

The TV news media rarely talks about trending by the same poller and often cherry pick the poll they want to talk about. Some don't mention margin of error. I don't even want to talk about how FNC decided Kasich would be in the first tier and others within the margin of error would not just to get Kasich on the stage in his home state (where he still is governor) in the top tier and I like him.

The big story no one talked much about until very recently is Jeb Bush. They tried to pretend there was some kind of fake race with Trump but those two were never close together in any poll. The candidates didn't help either by pretending they were neck and neck.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:16 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,494,081 times
Kasich is moving up a lot. I wonder if that trend will continue.

Do you have the dates which the polls above were conducted rather than the date they were posted.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Kasich is moving up a lot. I wonder if that trend will continue.

Do you have the dates which the polls above were conducted rather than the date they were posted.
I'm sorry. I forgot to link to the actual polls.

http://www.wmur.com/blob/view/-/3546...--2015-pdf.pdf

http://www.monmouth.edu/assets/0/322...758cc746eb.pdf

Old 09-25-2015, 11:39 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,337 times
Polls are meaningless until next fall.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:52 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Second Tuesday in November (2016) to be exact.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:38 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Second Tuesday in November (2016) to be exact.
agreed!...let's all take a break from this mental masturbation, for a while anyway...

Old 09-25-2015, 06:45 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Election calendar has moved up. Many trends set in the summer tend to last. It is a lot harder to dig yourself out of a hole.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
People only say that when their candidates aren't doing well. If anyone was poll watching month to month they would have known Walker was trending in the wrong direction even when he had more than a half percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections