Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times

Advertisements

I see the usual nay sayers that there isn't anything too see here,all these fake scandals ... hey where there is smoke there is a fire Hillary is a liar...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 05:35 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
OK, I will refrain from this if you will agree to refrain from making up imaginary quotations. The quotation mark means that you are replicating words that were spoken or written by someone.
I say this with utmost sincerity: go look at any thread about Hillary's email situation and you will see those comments over and over from the typical not-so-astute posters. Also, you seem to misunderstand the appropriate usage of quotation marks and, in any event, it makes no difference in this instance. You are obsessing over something that is completely collateral and meaningless to the discussion on hand, sir.

Mick

Old 09-01-2015, 09:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
It's an AP story (picked up by conservative Boston Herald in the linked article):

Legal experts see no criminal trouble for Clinton thus far | Boston Herald

I am looking forward to hearing the legal expertise of posters of this esteemed forum. Please refrain from typing stuff like, "but, but, it's common sense" or "but, but, we know she's a liar".

Mick

Don't tell us what to "type."

You obviously don't care that she's a liar, but plenty do. She's been lying and conniving for decades, most recently about these emails, picking up her parsing expertise from her husband.

It doesn't matter to you that the emails, according to her, weren't classified....and now, weren't marked classified , or that she said she's "pleased" to have "handed over" her server when she was forced to and, in March, pronounced that the server will remain private.

There will always be gullible people enamored of this woman, dismissing her dishonesty and lack of candor (to say the least); Hillary continues to count on it. As I've said, the HillBillys are nothing if not resilient. The only things you'll see emerging from a mushroom cloud are the Clintons...and roaches.

That, however, doesn't mean that the queen should be president.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:11 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Those so-called experts are nothing more than slip and fall lawyers.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Don't tell us what to "type."

You obviously don't care that she's a liar, but plenty do. She's been lying and conniving for decades, most recently about these emails, picking up her parsing expertise from her husband.

It doesn't matter to you that the emails, according to her, weren't classified....and now, weren't marked classified , or that she said she's "pleased" to have "handed over" her server when she was forced to and, in March, pronounced that the server will remain private.

There will always be gullible people enamored of this woman, dismissing her dishonesty and lack of candor (to say the least); Hillary continues to count on it. As I've said, the HillBillys are nothing if not resilient. The only things you'll see emerging from a mushroom cloud are the Clintons...and roaches.

That, however, doesn't mean that the queen should be president.
As you can tell from my posts in other threads, I am not a strong supporter of Hillary. Too much baggage. I prefer Biden over Hillary, and if it wasn't for the electability issue, I would prefer Bernie, too. If it's not going to be a Democrat, I want Mr. Trump to win since he clearly is a moderate whose views evolve constantly. At the end of the day, the most important consideration for me is preventing the Republicans from installing the likes of Thomas, Alito and Scalia on the SCOTUS.

But I can't resist trolling, I mean, playing a devil's advocate to the crazy conservative echo chamber that is known as CD-POC forum. I am providing another side of every topic.

In sum, I don't think any criminal liability will stick, but her chances at the general election have been materially compromised. There is no reality, just perception, so all the media coverage will do her in if she's up against Mr. Trump. But with any other non-establishment GOP candidate, she will still walk all over them. Jeb or Rubio, it's probably a toss up.

Mick

Old 09-01-2015, 10:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Plenty of lawyers not funded by Clinton Cash do see criminal trouble for Hitlery and predict that at the least she drops out of the race and at best serves jail time. That is of course depending on how long she can stall and dictate the actions of others toward her.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Those so-called experts are nothing more than slip and fall lawyers.
Google and thou shalt find that they are lawyers specializing in national security, security clearance and white collar crime laws.

Mick

Old 09-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Plenty of lawyers not funded by Clinton Cash do see criminal trouble for Hitlery and predict that at the least she drops out of the race and at best serves jail time. That is of course depending on how long she can stall and dictate the actions of others toward her.
You mean lawyers affiliated with the GOP or conservative (i.e., fringe) media? I have seen those people on Fox quite often. But the same people also predicted that Hillary would be hung over Benghazi. 9 hearings later, still absolutely nothing . . .

Mick

Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Time will tell with all the legal arguments. That is for the DOJ and FBI to contend with, not me. What does matter to me is the complete lack of judgement of Clinton and her disregard of the poor judgements that she made. If you don't see the significance of this for someone running for the most powerful office on earth, enjoy your grazing.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Time will tell with all the legal arguments. That is for the DOJ and FBI to contend with, not me. What does matter to me is the complete lack of judgement of Clinton and her disregard of the poor judgements that she made. If you don't see the significance of this for someone running for the most powerful office on earth, enjoy your grazing.
The original post for this thread, if you noticed, only talks about Hillary's potential criminal exposure. Every other aspects of the email situation has been discussed numerous times on this board.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections