Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Trump has been far and away the leader when GOP voters are asked for whom they would never vote. The history is pretty clear. In 2012 there was one after another 'not Romney' with Newt Gingrich as the last 'not Romney' standing. When the story of his work for Freddie Mac, along with his other big-gov't proclivities came out, he was toast.

I expect that Trump will similarly drop like a rock once his eminent domain abuse and other pro-big-gov't positions become more widely known. The timing may be different due to the 17 person field this time around, but the end result will be the same. Trump will drop out in 2016 just as Gingrich did in 2012.
In the end, these people will end up voting for Trump given the alternative that will be left, be it Clinton, or Sanders..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 05:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
What the people agree on and what the ruling class rich elites agree on, are 180º from one another.

The people want freedom and a strong America.
The rulers want control and world domination, which will take many casualties of the people to accomplish.

We talk about mass killers... Have you looked at government lately?
The ultimate record holding mass killer - GOVERNMENT

Old 09-02-2015, 05:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I classify Rubio, Kasich, Christie , and Bush as RINOS, Repubican In Name Only.

Carson, Jindal, Cruz, are definitely NEW BLOOD. We need new blood because this country is weak and is close to dying. Trump is the apparatus for that Blood Transfusion.
Ah the RINO insult, like a conservative candidate can really win the general election both popular and electorally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
LOL at Huckabee and Santorum as moderate candidates!
They are mostly center or left of center when comes to Republican ideals for fiscal issues. Social issues are another thing entirely.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:04 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:

Yup. If the GOP has become so right wing that Huck and Santorum are among their "moderates", it's easy to see why they've lost the popular vote 5 of the last 6 times.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
thx for that, but no way am I going to pay $5 or more for a cup of coffee. I drink green tea at work, which I get for free, and instant coffee at home. I think I last had a frappachino over 20 years ago.
Green tea and instant coffee?

It's a wonder the top of your head hasn't spun off yet.

But I digress.

There is a reason 18month before an election is called the silly season. Things will get down right serious after the first of the year. When the majority of the electorate wakes from the Christmas buying season stupor.

It's gonna be interesting though to see who survives until then.

I do thoroughly enjoy the Poltical Gladiator Theater. Its a mental sickness I've had for a few decades.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 09-02-2015 at 07:32 AM..

Old 09-02-2015, 07:27 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Trump has been far and away the leader when GOP voters are asked for whom they would never vote. The history is pretty clear. In 2012 there was one after another 'not Romney' with Newt Gingrich as the last 'not Romney' standing. When the story of his work for Freddie Mac, along with his other big-gov't proclivities came out, he was toast.

I expect that Trump will similarly drop like a rock once his eminent domain abuse and other pro-big-gov't positions become more widely known. The timing may be different due to the 17 person field this time around, but the end result will be the same. Trump will drop out in 2016 just as Gingrich did in 2012.
and there is where i think you are wrong. in 2012, romney was trying to run as a conservative when he was really a moderate, and the people saw through that. in this case however, trump is being who he is, and that is how trump has flipped his negatives into positives.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:36 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times
Trump has got to be the biggest joke candidate I have ever seen in my life. I cannot fathom how anyone can be inspired or energized by him.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:43 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
No other candidate is as strong or even brought up the immigration issue as Trump did and has. That resonates.

You are underestimating him. The non Jeb Bush RINO candidates are delegate splitters designed and setup by the establishment GOP To give Jeb Bush the nomination.... WHY you ask? Because he has all the Wall Street $$ and support.

Splitters

Florida - Rubio
Iowa - Huckabee/Santorum
Ohio - Kasich
New York - Pataki/Gilmore
Virginia - Fiorina
South Carolina- Lindsey Graham

These splitters are all being funded long enough to just "split" the votes in these states to aid in the anemic Jeb Bush getting the nomination with only 10% cumulative support.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:46 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Your analysis is completely invalid, since you did not include Lindsay Graham's 0.0001% support (him. his mom and Senator McCain). Please redo your analysis. Thank you.

Mick

Old 09-02-2015, 03:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
So create your categories and calculate your results. Huckabee and Santorum are both basically fiscal liberal/social conservative. Santorum was a big spending as US Senator, as was Huckabee pro-tax/pro-spend as Arkansas Governor. Because of their fiscally liberal tendencies, I put them into the moderate category as I would re W. Bush, HW Bush, Bob Dole, or John McCain.

YMMV...let's have your categorization, or will you just stand in the shadows throwing rocks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections