Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 08:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Looks to me like Trump was strong-armed into signing away his 'trump card' of a third-party run. I'm surprised he went along with it as it makes him look weak.

That said- as long as he makes an ass of himself in the process, it probably won't hurt his standing among his supporters. They want an angry ******* (a reflection of themselves)- what he says or does really isn't THAT important so long as he's an angry *******. I mean, I never thought I'd see the day when an accused rapist who insulted a war hero on nation teevee would be the leading Republican candidate... but here we are.

And this eeeeeeebil Librul is loving it

I hope he gets the nomination. This could be more entertaining than the 2008 election

Trump ain't signing anything without a good deal.
He is on the ballot in all states, and the RNC doesn't have to worry about him running as an Independent, as long as he is the nominee... Good deal for both..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 08:38 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Looks to me like Trump was strong-armed into signing away his 'trump card' of a third-party run. I'm surprised he went along with it as it makes him look weak.

That said- as long as he makes an ass of himself in the process, it probably won't hurt his standing among his supporters. They want an angry ******* (a reflection of themselves)- what he says or does really isn't THAT important so long as he's an angry *******. I mean, I never thought I'd see the day when an accused rapist who insulted a war hero on nation teevee would be the leading Republican candidate... but here we are.

And this eeeeeeebil Librul is loving it

I hope he gets the nomination. This could be more entertaining than the 2008 election
Well said, especially the anger part, very accurate.
I too find this very amusing.
But I think we will ALL be very tired of his BS and lack of style and substance, long before next Nov.

If will be very interesting to see how he changes his presentation if he wins the nomination.
The vengeful anger might not work when he is trying to attract minorities, independents and desperate Dems.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:16 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then there are those that believed Obama, 2 times. Even after all the exposed lies, corruption and cover-up. What does that tell you??

Progressive idiots! When the end justifies the means.
Quote:
There are Progressive idiots in both parties..... Not just the party of Hillary & Obama.
Are there any Tea Partiers capable of not hijacking a thread with vague criticisms about Hillary or Obama? I guess they have no defense for their cult leader Trump's dishonesty and infidelity so they sputter and immediately change the subject. Ironically Trump does exactly the same, I really hope the creep gets nominated

Old 09-06-2015, 10:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Are there any Tea Partiers capable of not hijacking a thread with vague criticisms about Hillary or Obama? I guess they have no defense for their cult leader Trump's dishonesty and infidelity so they sputter and immediately change the subject. Ironically Trump does exactly the same, I really hope the creep gets nominated

Cannot be any worse than what we have had for the last 100 years

Old 09-06-2015, 11:45 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Cannot be any worse than what we have had for the last 100 years
That dang Woodrow Wilson ruined the country.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Why wouldn't he "sign the pledge"?
He is leading in the polls and to not "sign" would indicate that he thought he would lose that lead. It would look weak.

Not only that - He has a high "negative number" because people are not sure they can "trust him".
Signing the Pledge will reduce that number in a hurry. Trump is not a Stupid Man, he is fully aware that a "3rd party run" is always a Loser.
The question is whether he would gain more support by signing or lose more support by signing. I don't like it but I'll acknowledge it probably helps him.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Quote:
Trump ain't signing anything without a good deal.
He is on the ballot in all states, and the RNC doesn't have to worry about him running as an Independent, as long as he is the nominee... Good deal for both..........
Like I said... doesn't really matter what he says or does so long as me makes an ass of himself.

This was a ploy by the GOP to box him in and limit the damage he can do. They gave him no choice but to sign, and he caved like a little girl.

But he made enough of a spectacle that his racist supporters are ok with it.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:06 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
The way I see it, this whole thing is a win/win for Trump.

If he wins... well he wins. President of the United States is a pretty appealing prize even for a billionaire.

If he loses; he's king-maker. He's got enough clout to take the GOP OUT of the running just by playing the victim to all his supporters with their own victim-complexes. He can cut off the GOP's base at the knees... or endorse the GOP candidate and hand them tens of millions of ignorant, racist votes. Whichever pleases him.

I've never believed for a second that he's serious- but he's having such success lately that he's got to be re-thinking his initial trolling. This is WAY beyond trolling at this point. If this trajectory- or anything remotely like it- continues, Trump will single-handedly decide the election.

And frankly I'm impressed. I can't say that I'd vote for the guy (other than the primary)... but he's got me thinking about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections