Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 09:59 PM

998 posts, read 665,397 times

Advertisements

You can't make this stuff up. An organization analyzed social media postings that were critical of Trump, and found that in 4%, the writers threatened to leave the country if he is elected president.

If Donald Trump wins, what country would you flee to? | OnPolitics

And of the 200,000 "threaten to leave country" posts they analyzed, 5,800 threatened to move to Alaska and another 1,500 chose Hawaii as their destination to leave the USA.

Are these the type of voters the democrats are hoping will show up to the polling stations on election day? People who don't even realize Hawaii and Alaska are part of the US? It really brings the term "low information voter" to a whole new level.

edit: Suddenly it begins to make sense how a "community organizer" with essentially no real world experience was elected POTUS...twice.

Last edited by PuddingPops; 09-15-2015 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 10:42 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,693,340 times
These are the kind of people who don't even know 1st grade geography. If they're not even educated on American territory, they definitely have not done any kind of research on Trump's policies. They just feed whatever the MSM feeds them.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
You can't make this stuff up. An organization analyzed social media postings that were critical of Trump, and found that in 4%, the writers threatened to leave the country if he is elected president.

If Donald Trump wins, what country would you flee to? | OnPolitics

And of the 200,000 "threaten to leave country" posts they analyzed, 5,800 threatened to move to Alaska and another 1,500 chose Hawaii as their destination to leave the USA.

Are these the type of voters the democrats are hoping will show up to the polling stations on election day? People who don't even realize Hawaii and Alaska are part of the US? It really brings the term "low information voter" to a whole new level.

edit: Suddenly it begins to make sense how a "community organizer" with essentially no real world experience was elected POTUS...twice.
Why assume these are US people, voters or Democrats? Your assumption says more about you than anything else.

BTW, the conservative Club for Growth just dumped $1 million on TV ads in Iowa to Dump the Trump.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:19 PM

998 posts, read 665,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why assume these are US people, voters or Democrats? Your assumption says more about you than anything else.

BTW, the conservative Club for Growth just dumped $1 million on TV ads in Iowa to Dump the Trump.
They are saying that they'll leave the US if Trump is elected president, which would only make sense, you know, if they were American citizens. I suppose there could be a handful of international students in there who are here on a student visa and REALLY hate Donald Trump for some reason, but... I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make that Americans... would threaten to leave.. America...

And given that Trump is running for the GOP, wouldn't it stand to reason that most of these posters would be Democrats? Democrats, I find, get a lot of their political news from social media like Twitter and Facebook, which would fall into line with this.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:12 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
On the other hand why wouldn't one assume this? You also didn't give any reason for your apparent position. The question says more about you than anything else.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:52 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Just like Baldwin swore he'd leave if Bush were elected - does anyone really care?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:15 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
. . . . and how many thousands of conservatives "threaten" to leave the country if Obama is elected (or reelected)? Please follow through. I loved how those dummies thought that they can just waltz into another country (even Canada) and just live and work there - sounds just like an illegal, huh?

Mick

Old 09-16-2015, 08:47 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,880 times
I really wish they would move. Trump's pro America and if they don't like that then they're free to leave.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:27 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
I really wish they would move. Trump's pro America and if they don't like that then they're free to leave.
Trump is pro Trump. He lives in a house of mirrors and glass and he is nothing but a bully. If that is what you think the USA needs, be my guest.

Old 09-16-2015, 09:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
They are saying that they'll leave the US if Trump is elected president, which would only make sense, you know, if they were American citizens. I suppose there could be a handful of international students in there who are here on a student visa and REALLY hate Donald Trump for some reason, but... I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make that Americans... would threaten to leave.. America...

And given that Trump is running for the GOP, wouldn't it stand to reason that most of these posters would be Democrats? Democrats, I find, get a lot of their political news from social media like Twitter and Facebook, which would fall into line with this.
First let me say that anyone who promises to leave the country depending on who is elected - is a moron. We heard the SAME thing over and over when Obama won. It never happens. And WHO sits around and waits to see who is elected - to see how their life is gonna go? I don't depend on a President to make my life good or bad - that's all up to ME. Regardless of who is President, I'll continue to breathe in and out and go about my daily business ~ as should we all.

Now - it does not stand to reason that 'most of these posters would be Democrats". Establishment Republicans LOATHE Donald Trump so I do think your assumption is grounded in partisan politics more than anything else.

Actually, I know a whole lot of Democrats that see Trump as a lesser evil than say, Huckabee, Walker , Rubio etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections