Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:16 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times

Advertisements

Latest: Trump vows to win: 'I'm not going anywhere' - CNNPolitics.com

Trump never said he would quit if his numbers went down but if he tanked and had no chance of winning.

You know what, the fact that Trump can stand up to all of these media that constantly and unmercifully go after him says a lot for his ability to stand up to pressure. He is attacked by the media like no other person ever running for nomination for POTUS.

When Carson drops out, Trump will pick up the majority of Carson's supporters. Also he'll pick up a few from Carly since she lost it during the last debate going off about Planned Parenthood and Hillary Clinton. I thought, "Why is she discussing Hillary?"

If you listen to the next video, Rubio decided to work against his mentor Bush. I probably wouldn't have gone there.

Everyone in the media wants to score against Trump. Trump's honesty isn't lost on those that love our country.

Media should not be deciding who becomes the POTUS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 07:22 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
I watched it live.

All those who have been having an orgasm at the thought of Trump dropping out should zip it. In most emphatic terms he told Cuomo, listen, quit asking me when I am going to drop out because I am not. "Not even a thought.” When are people going to learn Tump means what he says.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:24 AM

587 posts, read 379,756 times
Yes he isn't going anywhere. He is staying in NYC for the next 10 years filming reality shows about faded celebrities from the 80's.

He can sing only in my dreams with Debbie Gibson while he drinks his wine and eats his little crackers and remembers that time when he thought he could be president.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I watched it live.

All those who have been having an orgasm at the thought of Trump dropping out should zip it. In most emphatic terms he told Cuomo, listen, quit asking me when I am going to drop out because I am not. "Not even a thought.” When are people going to learn Tump means what he says.
When will people learn Trump means what he says? When they stop living in denial. I know he made that comment about "tanking" and quitting and suddenly, people whose listening/comprehension skills aren't that keen immediately said that Trump would quit if his numbers went down. They got all anxious, sitting on the edge of their chair, holding their breath and soon they'll pass out. I think I just heard a "clunk" so the action is starting.

Editting: I hear more now. It is a "domino" effect! All right!

Old 10-06-2015, 07:32 AM

587 posts, read 379,756 times
Trump is not gonna quit because he tanks in the polls. He will always have that 12-15% support from conspiracist conservatives that follow him since his birther theories in 2012. That crowd is not gonna vote for anybody but Trump.

He is gonna quit with some lame excuse (playing the victim of course) when he decides he doesn't want to invest so much money in a political campaign.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When will people learn Trump means what he says? When they stop living in denial. ...
The problem is that he says the opposite to different people.

He said that he was pro-choice, now he says he is anti-abortion.
He said he wanted to raise taxes on the rich, then issued a plan that lowers taxes on the rich.
It's kind of funny listening to the serial divorcee, who earns his money from gambling houses preach that his favorite book is the bible.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The problem is that he says the opposite to different people.

He said that he was pro-choice, now he says he is anti-abortion.
He said he wanted to raise taxes on the rich, then issued a plan that lowers taxes on the rich.
It's kind of funny listening to the serial divorcee, who earns his money from gambling houses preach that his favorite book is the bible.
Anything he said as a private citizen or a businessman back who knows when is irrelevant to me. I never followed Trump so it doesn’t matter. If he goes back on what he said after he announced, then that is a different story. So far he has stood his ground beyond anybody’s expectation.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Anything he said as a private citizen or a businessman back who knows when is irrelevant to me. I never followed Trump so it doesn’t matter. If he goes back on what he said after he announced, then that is a different story. So far he has stood his ground beyond anybody’s expectation.
He said AT THE DEBATE he wanted to raise taxes on the rich, then issued a plan, last week, that lowers taxes on the rich.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:58 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
He said he wanted to eliminate loopholes that the super rich use to pay lower taxes. By eliminating those loopholes, they will be paying higher taxes than they have been. Even with the lowered tax rates Trump is projecting, they will still pay more.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
He said he wanted to eliminate loopholes that the super rich use to pay lower taxes. By eliminating those loopholes, they will be paying higher taxes than they have been. Even with the lowered tax rates Trump is projecting, they will still pay more.
What loopholes? The biggest "loophole" is the obscenely low tax rate paid on investment income and he's not proposing to do anything about that. Every single analysis of his plan has shown the top .1% paying much less in taxes and the deficit ballooning by trillions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections