Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 01:05 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times

Advertisements

With her communication skills and cut-throat personality, she is more of a speaker of the house or secretary of treasury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 01:16 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killing time View Post
Back when I was in corporate America, I was involved in the hiring of lots of corporate executives. We hired lots of people who were not nice people. They weren't kind, friendly or approachable but they got the job done.

People that have interacted with Carly Fiorina at campaign events are reporting that she is tough as nails and quite impressive in her communication skills. She is really impressive in her intellectual skills and understands the issues. But when people try to engage her on a one on one basis, she is cold as ice. She is not a nice person.

In isolation, would niceness count for much in your vote for President? Candidates must think so because at events they will try to be so friendly to voters thinking that will make a difference.

(Please, lets not talk about her record as a CEO, or her politics, this is only a question about niceness and being a competitive candidate for President of the United States.)
My experience with corporate and in general; you can be tough but still nice. Look at Margaret Tharcher, the iron lady?

I would perfer someone that I felt was nice, I don't know that she isn't, but would I vote for someone I agreed with politically that I didn't think was all so nice? Yes.

Last edited by nmnita; 09-29-2015 at 01:33 PM..

Old 09-29-2015, 01:17 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
look at hp right now. would you buy one of there computers? the answer is no.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:18 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
That's he's a hypocrit (and a fugugly one at that) and his followers have the IQ of cement. Are you one of his followers?
I'm one of the followers and I can spell "hypocrite". I don't have the IQ of cement and neither do the other supporters. I suspect you found that comment "cute". I did not. You have come into every thread that might mention Trump with your negativity toward him. Yes, envy can indeed result in the behavior that you are exhibiting here. Name calling is generally the result of immaturity. I always consider the source so post "fail".

[quote=LetsRock;41377352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogCross View Post

The only roles a president have are :

1. Sign or veto bills created and passed by the Congress
2. Enforce the laws created by the Congress
3. Command the military as Commander-in-Chief AFTER a resolution has been passed by the Congress
Oh, no, you're not keeping up! That WAS prior to the reign of King Obama especially with your number 2. That would be nice though.

I was just thinking that a good question for the debate would be to ask the person running what they think the job of President entails.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Her rise came in the old Ma Bell monopoly which didn't have to compete to stay in business and she benefited from a program to push women to positions whether they deserved to be there or not. So they break up Ma Bell and she is forced into real world. Her team ruined Lucent (formerly Bell Laboratories & Western Electric) and she jumped ship to HP where she paid herself big bucks, laid off 10s of 10000s, and got forced out by her own Board.

So under her helm 3 great icons of American business, manufacturing and technology, Hewlett Packard, Bell Telephone Laboratories & Western Electric, were laid to waste. And she got rich from doing it.

So if you had to find a modern day Wicked Witch of the West, she is it. The only thing missing are the evil flying monkeys & bats. Based on this, this woman would be a disaster at running the USA at the President's helm.
Give it up: first of all hubby was part of old MA BEll and knows a little bit about what happened. Lucent was ready to implode, end of story and I believe the OP asked about would you vote for someone you didn't think was nice? ,There was a request not to discuss her CEO history. YOu have let us know over and over how yo feel and how you feel about Trump!!!!!!!!!

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Personality is formed by 4 years old. I don't plan to ever speak to her personally so I don't care. The question is "Can she run the country without running it into the ground." That's all that counts.
You don't think interpersonal skills are critical to getting things done with other humans, you know, like Congressmen and foreign leaders? I mean, you don't see Raffy Cruz accomplishing anything, since he only gets along with Mike Lee and, maybe, his wife Heidi.

Mick

230 posts, read 430,484 times
[quote=LetsRock;41377352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogCross View Post

The only roles a president have are :

1. Sign or veto bills created and passed by the Congress
2. Enforce the laws created by the Congress
3. Command the military as Commander-in-Chief AFTER a resolution has been passed by the Congress
Over simplified, ill stated, and misleading.

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

Old 09-29-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Both Kennedy and Reagan were not nice, they only played a nice person in front of the camera. Don't confuse that with the face everyone needs to have on the campaign trail. Both of these mean were blunt and mean when it came down to it. The Carly (or any other candidate) you see outside the campaign trail will naturally be different. As for Corporate meaness - nice people get eaten for lunch (ask Trump).
I know nothing personally about Kennedy, so I will not comment, but I do know personally about Reagan and you are 100% wrong about his being nice; though yes but he was genually nice.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post

And it's a shame too, because she could be an inspirational leader like Margaret Thatcher, still the best man we've got on either side of the Atlantic, by far.
To most Americans but not to a very large segment in the UK. There are very large numbers of people in the UK who thoroughly disliked Thatcher and were happy when she did her dance with the grim reaper.

When Thatcher died a couple of years ago, people called in to request that BBC 1 place "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead". They called in such numbers that the radio station had to play it on their "most requested" show.

Thatcher was responsible for huge job losses in the same manner of Fiorina.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:25 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
[quote=FrogCross;41378670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post

Over simplified, ill stated, and misleading.
You are being WAY too kind . . .

Start here.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections