Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 02:55 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Rubio is soft
Why do you say that? Yes, he has mellowed on his strong stand against illegals he held 4 years ago, but I don't see anything else that indicates he is soft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 03:08 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why do you say that? Yes, he has mellowed on his strong stand against illegals he held 4 years ago, but I don't see anything else that indicates he is soft?
Unfortunately that is the litmus test for many Republicans of today, similar to how opposing abortion was the seemingly all important litmus test back when W Bush ran in 2000. If you don't want to forcibly deport every single illegal immigrant than you are apparently "soft". Never mind the fact that workplace enforcement would be far more effective than building gigantic walls and having Gestapo like police state round ups.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Unfortunately that is the litmus test for many Republicans of today, similar to how opposing abortion was the seemingly all important litmus test back when W Bush ran in 2000. If you don't want to forcibly deport every single illegal immigrant than you are apparently "soft". Never mind the fact that workplace enforcement would be far more effective than building gigantic walls and having Gestapo like police state round ups.
nah, Rubio's problem is that he is not a very honest person.

Marco Rubio flip-flops on immigration, again and again.

In early 2013, he was a member of the bipartisan Senate “gang of eight” which unveiled a comprehensive bill to reform the nation’s immigration laws.

In October 2013, he completely backed away from his own bill, saying he believed a “piecemeal” approach would be more practical.

His shifts on immigration have contributed to an overall negative impression of him in crucial swing states, according to Latino Decisions.

It is LAUGHABLE that some low info voters (Republicans especially) believe Marco Rubio can win Hispanic votes.

Plus, how come he never addresses the issue of government over spending? !

By the way, Koch brothers summon Bush, Cruz, Walker, Rubio.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:50 PM

99,561 posts, read 4,491,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. Fox, on a good day, has less than 1% of the USA watching it. It's irrelevant.

Cable News Ratings for Monday, September 28, 2015 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
Thank you! The GOP would have us believe that about 80% of the public watches Fox.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I have never felt Rubio before, but he does look like he uses moisturizers.
with all that water he drinks probably keeps his skin moist.

And if he is a respectable Miami Cuban, he must use Mirta de Perales products:

http://www.amazon.com/Mirta-Perales-...rta+de+perales

Old 09-30-2015, 04:43 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. Fox, on a good day, has less than 1% of the USA watching it. It's irrelevant.

Cable News Ratings for Monday, September 28, 2015 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com
Oh please. Obviously you are not gonna compare network TV with Cable. I understand Trump doesn't know the difference, I hope you do.

TOP 25 AD-SUPPORTED CABLE NETWORKS
Ranked on Total Viewers Week Ending Sept. 27

1 ESPN 3103

2 DSNY 1763

3 FOXN 1750

This week's cable ratings - Media Life Magazine

Old 09-30-2015, 04:44 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Not only that, why are these senators and governors allowed to run for presidency while holding their regular job? What does it tell you if you have this much free time. It must not be a serious job. It is only Trump who is talking about it.
I'd like to see state laws that one has to resign to run. We'd probably see fewer candidates in it for the fame if they had to risk something.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:54 PM

In all fairness, securing the border and enforcing the country's immigration law are all extremely important. But the biggest problem in this country is currency crisis, economy.

Government does not create jobs, it only destroys it. Federal reserve prints money out of thin air and with all these over spending on national defense, we can NEVER pay back creditors.

So the ones who don't address the issues of government over spending will NOT and should NOT get any of your vote (regardless you swing left or right)

The government won't save you or rescue you, you will experience big time inflation, economical crisis, and with all these open border, illegals, this country is not heading the right direction.

You better get yourself prepared if you get Hillary, Bush, Rubio, etc. and all these clowns.

You don't have to like Ron Paul, but listen to what he has to say about economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhaP689G5_s

Rubio is not your guy.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:57 PM

407 posts, read 388,768 times
He will be the most attractive president since Gerald Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I am around your grand daughter's age, and I think Rubio is a dork.
But then again, everybody has different opinion, especially when it comes to "good looks"

If you like him, vote for him. sheesh

and of course him being a dork is my opinion, am I saying I speak for everybody else? Jesus. God helps us all.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
He will be the most attractive president since Gerald Ford.
Disagree But his looks is really irrelevant.

What is his solution on government over spending?

How is he budgeting the spending and creating a balance?

How does he spend money we don't have on national defense without cutting other spending?

These are the issues I worry about.

And since none of you can stop talking about looks He is in his 40s, he is not a pretty boy. To me, pretty boy looks like him

(and his not a model or an actor, just somebody in real life.)

here is the photo,

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ess-blues.html

to me, this is the pretty boy look. (pretty and tough) Not somebody in their 40s and still look so confused.

Let's forget about talking about Rubio's look already?

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-30-2015 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections