Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:57 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times

Advertisements

Clinton can and probably should pick a young, less experienced person. She is highly qualified and the way that it works is you pick a complement old with young, inexperience with experience. She has the luxury of anointing the next president after she leaves office with her pick.

McCain was in the same position but picked way too inexperienced and it hurt him.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:58 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
It would be a smart choice for Hilary or Sanders.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:18 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Definitely pandering by throwing Castro's name out there - she has absolutely no intentions in selecting the kid as her VP.
I agree. He seems like a high risk, potentially high loss candidate. He has two things working against him:

1. He hasn't held very prestigious political offices.

2. We're going into an election cycle with illegal immigration a hot topic.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:21 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Clinton can and probably should pick a young, less experienced person. She is highly qualified and the way that it works is you pick a complement old with young, inexperience with experience. She has the luxury of anointing the next president after she leaves office with her pick.

McCain was in the same position but picked way too inexperienced and it hurt him.
He's not inexperienced, he has ZERO experience. At least Palin was a governor. I'm not defending her here, and agree she was an awful choice. Castro is an equally awful choice. He's a nobody. He's had zero accomplishments in his life. He scored a 1200 on his SAT, that would be way below average at my high school. He must have gone to a really crappy high school in San Antonio to come in ninth, with that low of an SAT score. He also only got into Stanford through affirmative action. He's a loser and a dunce. I can't believe anyone thinks he should be VP. He should have been submitted to an IQ test before his HUD confirmation.

I was pretty sure you didn't have a clue about what you're talking about, but your support of Castro removes all doubt.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:48 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
He's not inexperienced, he has ZERO experience. At least Palin was a governor. I'm not defending her here, and agree she was an awful choice. Castro is an equally awful choice. He's a nobody. He's had zero accomplishments in his life. He scored a 1200 on his SAT, that would be way below average at my high school. He must have gone to a really crappy high school in San Antonio to come in ninth, with that low of an SAT score. He also only got into Stanford through affirmative action. He's a loser and a dunce. I can't believe anyone thinks he should be VP. He should have been submitted to an IQ test before his HUD confirmation.

I was pretty sure you didn't have a clue about what you're talking about, but your support of Castro removes all doubt.
I did not/do not support Castro. Just said he was an inexperienced complement to the experienced Clinton - the type of pairing one sees in presidential tickets. I would like to see maybe Kirsten Gillibrand though I don't know a lot about her. That would be an all female ticket though, so it probably is not wise politics.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:55 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Just smart campaigning.

You did notice it isn't a real offer, didn't you?

Of course we noticed that --- it came out of Hillary, and nothing that comes out of Hillary is real.

Well, except maybe The Cackle.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
.... McCain was in the same position but picked way too inexperienced and it hurt him.
McCain didn't pick Palin. He let the GOP Establishment force Palin on him. It was one of the fundamental blunders of his campaign.

The problem with Castro isn't his inexperience. For VP people don't care about that. His problem is that he is also part of the Obama administration. Since this also applies to Hillary, the GOP tactic will most certainly be that voting for Clinton is voting for 4 more years of Obama. This was the exact tactic used by the GOP to dispatch DNC Senators and gain control of the Senate in 2014. It was a very successful tactic.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:38 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Just smart campaigning.

You did notice it isn't a real offer, didn't you?
No candidate would get near announcing a running mate this early. It was all pandering to the Hispanic crowd.

Last edited by BucFan; 10-16-2015 at 05:31 AM..

Old 10-16-2015, 04:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

The problem with Castro isn't his inexperience. For VP people don't care about that.
What? Sure they do. Not sure why you'd say that. And was why Obama selected Biden and sealed two wins because of it.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 AM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post

\\
Trump does not have any experience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections