Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 04:02 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,741,182 times

Advertisements

I think so. For example, they want us to believe that either Hillary or Obama is playing the race card. Neither! It's the media that is playing one against the other and people are eating it up like mindless sheep.

These newscasters pretend to be neutral but they are human and they like juicy stuff just like us Clinton haters. And this time around Obama is their darling. That is why Obama gets a pass on his drivers' licenses for illegals or the fact that he attacked Hillary first in that debate before she retaliated with Tony Rezko. But who caught the hell for attacking?

Do you wonder why the news cameras never pay much attention to Ron Paul, who at least has interesting ideas, or passed over Biden before he dropped out? Biden, who has more domestic and foreign experience than any candidate of either party? Or don't give a hoot about Edwards? Believe me, the Media has its favourites?

The media is the most powerful institution in this country. They answer to NO ONE. We know where the folks on Fox News stand, at least when it comes to party. But if you believe that Russert, Matthews, Wolf, Gloria Borger and the other talking heads are objective political analysts, then you must really believe in santa claus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 04:03 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,177,735 times
I'm not. I watch now to see how they plan to spin it.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:34 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,543,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
I think so. For example, they want us to believe that either Hillary or Obama is playing the race card. Neither! It's the media that is playing one against the other and people are eating it up like mindless sheep.

These newscasters pretend to be neutral but they are human and they like juicy stuff just like us Clinton haters. And this time around Obama is their darling. That is why Obama gets a pass on his drivers' licenses for illegals or the fact that he attacked Hillary first in that debate before she retaliated with Tony Rezko. But who caught the hell for attacking?

Do you wonder why the news cameras never pay much attention to Ron Paul, who at least has interesting ideas, or passed over Biden before he dropped out? Biden, who has more domestic and foreign experience than any candidate of either party? Or don't give a hoot about Edwards? Believe me, the Media has its favourites?

The media is the most powerful institution in this country. They answer to NO ONE. We know where the folks on Fox News stand, at least when it comes to party. But if you believe that Russert, Matthews, Wolf, Gloria Borger and the other talking heads are objective political analysts, then you must really believe in santa claus.

I posted this in another thread. Media Bias and manipulation is as dangerous as the terrorism threat (if not more). You heard the stories about Iran's news media putting on the air that we made up those videos of the speedboats disturbing are warships. We see the propaganda happening over there, why can so few people see it here?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:38 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,893,352 times
I'm not, most people on this website aren't. But most of America? Definately yes.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,854,098 times
Yes, I think the media is manipulating us. For some reason they think they run the country. For the most part they are probably right - they tell us what to think and we believe it. I'm hoping that is starting to change.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,361,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post

What are you talking about? Who doesn't believe in Santa Claus -- or, as you might call him, Father Christmas?

Bah.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What are you talking about? Who doesn't believe in Santa Claus -- or, as you might call him, Father Christmas?

Bah.
I celebrate his birthday every year. December 25th.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:47 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,361,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I celebrate his birthday every year. December 25th.
That is so cool.

Actually, he's a Leo, you know.

And he's at Cancun right now, enjoying the beach...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That is so cool.

Actually, he's a Leo, you know.

And he's at Cancun right now, enjoying the beach...
My postcard has one of the elves in a leather harness.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,959,274 times
Sure because they are our source of news and slant it just as others do. The internet is same.I pay more attention to what the politicains say themselfs. I found it funny to see Bill Clinton in a panic on film making obama the new right wing conspiracy against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections