Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 08:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times

Advertisements

The whiny GOP candidates claim that Hillary got softball questions from the adoring liberal media in the Democratic debate. Cruz said "contrast with the Democratic debate, where every fawning question from he media was, “Which of you is more handsome and why?”"

Cruz lies and makes up a fake narrative. Look at the questions below:

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, I want to start with you. Plenty of politicians evolve on issues, but even some Democrats believe you change your positions based on political expediency.

You were against same-sex marriage. Now you're for it. You defended President Obama's immigration policies. Now you say they're too harsh. You supported his trade deal dozen of times. You even called it the "gold standard". Now, suddenly, last week, you're against it.

Will you say anything to get elected?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, though, with all due respect, the question is really about political expediency. Just in July, New Hampshire, you told the crowd you'd, quote, "take a back seat to no one when it comes to progressive values."

Last month in Ohio, you said you plead guilty to, quote, "being kind of moderate and center." Do you change your political identity based on who you're talking to?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, on the campaign trail, Governor Webb has said that he would never have used military force in Libya and that the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was inevitable. Should you have seen that attack coming?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, you are going to be testifying before Congress next week about your e-mails. For the last eight months, you haven't been able to put this issue behind you. You dismissed it; you joked about it; you called it a mistake. What does that say about your ability to handle far more challenging crises as president?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, Secretary Clinton, with all due respect, it's a little hard -- I mean, isn't it a little bit hard to call this just a partisan issue? There's an FBI investigation, and President Obama himself just two days ago said this is a legitimate issue.

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, how would you address this issue? In all candor, you and your husband are part of the one percent. How can you credibly represent the views of the middle class?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, do you regret your vote on the Patriot Act?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, how would you not be a third term of President Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 08:59 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
She wasn't asked if she was a homophobe, like Carson was. She wasn't asked if she was running a clown campaign, like Trump was. She wasn't asked if she was too old and washed up to be President, yet Rubio was asked if he had the maturity and wisdom to be President.

Cooper's questions weren't softballs, but she didn't get the sneering disrespect that the DNC's media gave the Republican candidates. So you can stop playing the victim. Hillary has gotten preferential treatment throughout this campaign and everyone knows it.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:52 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
The GOP candidates are whiners. If they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The GOP candidates are whiners. If they can't take the heat, they should get out of the kitchen.
The Clintons dont stop whining about the GOP..

Old 10-31-2015, 10:17 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
I'm a Clinton and Trump supporter, but I side with Democrats more than Republicans and I will even agree that Republicans are asked more "gotcha" type questions than Democrats. However, even Fox News is guilty of doing this, so I think it's more of a problem with the RNC.

Regardless of which questions are worse, the questions being asked offer little information about who would improve our economy, how would they handle illegal immigration etc. It's more about how can they counter this embarrassing comment or moment in their past.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:02 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The whiny GOP candidates claim that Hillary got softball questions from the adoring liberal media in the Democratic debate. Cruz said "contrast with the Democratic debate, where every fawning question from he media was, “Which of you is more handsome and why?”"

I'm sorry you feel that way but the reality is that the general consensus among just about EVERYBODY, is that the CNBC debate moderators were highly biased and pushing their own leftist agenda. But don't take my word for it. Both, liberal and conservative media blasted CNBC for their lousy moderators.

There’s no debate: The CNBC moderators were unfair | New York Post
Moderators lose control at third GOP debate - POLITICO
Anderson Cooper Calls CNBC Debate 'Poorly Produced'
CNBC just set the standard for catastrophic debate performances - Salon.com
CNBC failed American voters. Here's how future debate moderators can do better.
Joe Scarborough Rips Sister Network CNBC's 'Horrible Debate,' John Harwood's 'Embarrassing' Question

Shall I list more?

Old 11-01-2015, 02:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, I want to start with you. Plenty of politicians evolve on issues, but even some Democrats believe you change your positions based on political expediency.

You were against same-sex marriage. Now you're for it. You defended President Obama's immigration policies. Now you say they're too harsh. You supported his trade deal dozen of times. You even called it the "gold standard". Now, suddenly, last week, you're against it.

Will you say anything to get elected?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, though, with all due respect, the question is really about political expediency. Just in July, New Hampshire, you told the crowd you'd, quote, "take a back seat to no one when it comes to progressive values."

Last month in Ohio, you said you plead guilty to, quote, "being kind of moderate and center." Do you change your political identity based on who you're talking to?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, on the campaign trail, Governor Webb has said that he would never have used military force in Libya and that the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was inevitable. Should you have seen that attack coming?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, you are going to be testifying before Congress next week about your e-mails. For the last eight months, you haven't been able to put this issue behind you. You dismissed it; you joked about it; you called it a mistake. What does that say about your ability to handle far more challenging crises as president?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, Secretary Clinton, with all due respect, it's a little hard -- I mean, isn't it a little bit hard to call this just a partisan issue? There's an FBI investigation, and President Obama himself just two days ago said this is a legitimate issue.

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, how would you address this issue? In all candor, you and your husband are part of the one percent. How can you credibly represent the views of the middle class?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, do you regret your vote on the Patriot Act?

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, how would you not be a third term of President Obama?
It's not so much the questions asked, but the snarky follow up questions that the GOP gets. The dem mods have to ask these questions...it gives their gal a chance to lie, distort and spin, and since the other deems running are afraid of the clintons, they won't follow up either. The msm simply ask "tough" questions in a rider to cover themselves, but will not call her out when she spins.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
She wasn't asked if she was a homophobe, like Carson was. She wasn't asked if she was running a clown campaign, like Trump was. She wasn't asked if she was too old and washed up to be President, yet Rubio was asked if he had the maturity and wisdom to be President.

Cooper's questions weren't softballs, but she didn't get the sneering disrespect that the DNC's media gave the Republican candidates. So you can stop playing the victim. Hillary has gotten preferential treatment throughout this campaign and everyone knows it.
You're absolutely right. The aim of the CNN so-called "debate" was to make the Republican candidates look foolish, look like "haters" (the Left love that word) and "homophobes," ill-informed and without facts (facts as determined by the Leftist moderators who believe in such fantasies as "global warming").

Cruz was right in his assessment of the situation. The moderators were rude, sarcastic, and mocking. What they did was to try to make the candidates defend their eligibility and qualifications to be president, not ask them about positions on the issues that matter to Americans. They were also trying to get them to attack one another. The whole episode was disgraceful.

The up-side is that they showed America their extreme bias, and hatred for anyone who calls themselves "conservative." They hate Republicans. This was extremely obvious.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Republicans are "whiners?" Trump was ask if he was "running a comic book campaign." Was that a legitimate question?

Have your heard your President whine (literally) about criticism of his policies; criticism which he well deserves? He whines about the "right wing extremists" trying to block his agenda and for Congress "failing to act," and forcing him to "act on [his] own" (in violation of the Constitution, I might add).

You need to learn the difference between whining and standing up to an obnoxious bunch of mockers who were not there to ask questions about substantive issues, such as terrorism, our exploding national debt, joblessness, the high cost of health care (which was supposed to be "affordable" under the eponymous health care act), and illegal immigration, etc.

The candidates, and specifically Ted Cruz, called them out (balled them out, really) for the nature and disrespectful tone of their questions. They were right to do so. It was a circus; a disgusting show of arrogance. It amounted to a kangaroo court.

I'd like to see the Democrat candidates face three Republican moderators: Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin. I doubt they would come out smelling like roses. The stench would probably drive everyone out of the room.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm a Clinton and Trump supporter, but I side with Democrats more than Republicans and I will even agree that Republicans are asked more "gotcha" type questions than Democrats. However, even Fox News is guilty of doing this, so I think it's more of a problem with the RNC.

Regardless of which questions are worse, the questions being asked offer little information about who would improve our economy, how would they handle illegal immigration etc. It's more about how can they counter this embarrassing comment or moment in their past.
Clinton and Trump supporter? Wow. Two complete opposites! That must be tough to reconcile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections