Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 02:38 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,441,493 times

Advertisements

Trump at 33% in Iowa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 02:49 PM

Lets make change real for once

Trump 2016

Old 12-07-2015, 02:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,740,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
After watching Trump on Face the Nation, I no longer discount him...we could do a lot worse than Trump.

we all ready have for 15 years..

Old 12-07-2015, 02:57 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Donald trump is shaking the establishment to it's core.
They don't know what to do, all are paid of politicians against Trumps moderate stances of guarding our boarders, and helping vets in our own country rather than send them abroad.
His economic policies will make China pay for what they have done to us and create a trade war that will cause the economy to boom.

The EU will also suffer tariffs and lose against their antagonistic behaviors towards the U.S.

Liberals please join the fight to make America great again. we can truly do something magical together when we unite
Pass I will not be supporting trump in any way fashion or form.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
so there are a few points I want to get to here
1. Those who say the wall will create a moral situation along the border for illegal immigrants need to look at it differently. the types of people who come across the border can be split into three groups
a. those that are peaceful and are looking for more opportunity
b. non-violent drug offenders
c. violent criminal crossings

Making a wall that is grand and attractive will stimulate the local economies by creating jobs (which attract stores and other things for people with the money) and spring up new real estate developments which will make the area more populated, richer, and safer. this help keep kids or others at the border for peaceful reasons safe from harms way and gives them a chance to enter the country legal (even if it is longer it makes the journey safer). Non-violent drug offenders will be caught in a better prison quality system due to the higher end region there in and so will violent ones keeping people at the border or by the border safe

And one distinction for you I will make if you want to play it safe and vote for the establishment politicians is that those politicians such as Reed or (especially) McConnell aren't there with ideological differences who want in the end of the day what's best for the middle class. ALL there disagreements (sadly) lie were their donors disagree. There is no Representation in D.C for Americans (for now at least)

Old 12-07-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Also can you please be more specific

Old 12-07-2015, 03:20 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,726,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Wow. Thank you for illustrating how a reality TV star, a male Kardashian who is famous mainly for being famous, can attract support.
As opposed to corporate sellouts running our government?

Old 12-07-2015, 03:22 PM

I hope people will think long and hard before they vote this election cycle

Old 12-07-2015, 03:43 PM

I personal believe that even if on the forefront some of Trump's idea's may not seem reasonable (and perhaps they're not) they support the thesis that we have to make choices that react and cause different actions to be sent into motion. This is something all humans excel at either consciously or sub-consciously. say our end goal is not to be sent to war and die not being able to live to our full potential and die not remembered by anyone by close family. we choose to break our leg to stop us from being sent overseas (assuming we were drafted) and are left to go home. In hindsight breaking our leg seems stupid but with a nuanced understanding of letting things fall into place with only a few interruptions here and there to nudge the path along we succeed in the long run

Old 12-07-2015, 04:04 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,726,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I hope people will think long and hard before they vote this election cycle
I've thought long and hard for 2 decades that our government is ran by big corporations and the biggest candidates the past decades have been the ones that rack up the biggest corporate donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections