Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 05:08 AM

244 posts, read 168,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Yes, and those rules are there because of the unfair competition that allowing the government (which regulates the utilities) to compete by using tax dollars to subsidize the "competitive" entity, while also setting the regulations that must be adhered to by the private company.

I really don't understand why people cannot see why this is a destructive practice and detrimental to a private sector economy!!

You are being complety dishonest as we do have to pay tax already on these services with the telecom cartels. The local gov already gets this tax from people anyway.

I say open the market up and allow more competition if you have a poor business model as in( the telecom gaints do) then you deserve to fail. I do believe that in this day and age "internet access" is now a basic utilities. For example where i live one side of the road uses only (A) provider and the other side B provider. What happens is (A) and (B) provider can not be free to gouge away at its customers because they dont have a choice or other options.. how is this fair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 09:55 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet another example of a bought & paid for politician. Telco & Cable companies don't want competition. Looks like Rubio is their man.
"Rubio, who is raising campaign cash from the telecom industry for his presidential campaign, fired off a letter to the Federal Communications Commission asking the agency to allow states to block municipal broadband services."
Marco Rubio Pushes to Block Low-Cost, High-Speed Broadband
Why just the other day I found out that Comcast was trying to ++==beep*&$#@!*&^*..*((^$??><!!!.. *click*
DATA CONNECTION TERMINATED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections