Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 08:42 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,546,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm sure they do. However, here, it is spot on. Dear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. Instead of addressing what was said you attempt, yet again to make it about the messenger.

This only means you can't address it with either logic or fact.
With all due respect, could you two please stop your interpersonal bickering? I do not want this thread to get locked on account of it.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 08:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,582,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Southerners laugh when this is used by those who don't know how to use it.
OT again - but I agree IF you mean that that is not necessarily a dig. At least not in Alabama where I grew up; it was an expression of kindness. I now learn that it's meant to be unkind? Times have changed.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:54 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,139,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hispanic vote up for grabs. They aren't going lockstep "D" like the Blacks did.
Is that right? In every single POTUS election since 1976, Democrats received around 2/3 of Hispanic votes (the only exception being GWB in 2004, where he lost by only 9%). There have been real winners like Dukakis and Mondale, but they keep supporting the Democrats in locksteps. Up for grabs?

Mick

Old 01-14-2016, 10:17 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,080,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Like I said, China doesn't do that anymore. But Middle East Muslim countries still believe in Female Genital Mutilation, and the Clinton Foundation is still accepting donations from them.

China doesn't "officially" do it anymore AT THIS TIME only because the situation has changed.

Don't kid yourself for a minute, if China decides for whatever reason that it would be in its best interests to force abortions, they would do it again.

Their political ideology has not changed and everyone knows it, it is hypocritical to pretend otherwise.

Last edited by Annie53; 01-14-2016 at 10:26 PM..

Old 01-22-2016, 10:51 AM

Clearly the Democrats had expected Hillary to win the Presidency in large part because she is a woman and other women would want to vote for her because they would want a woman president. As it turns out, women are not so easily moved. In fact, millennial women appear to like Bernie Sanders better than Hillary Clinton. And among all women, Hillary's lead has shrunk from 45% over Sanders last month, down to only 19% today.

Apparently just being a woman is not going the be enough.

Quote:
Women Won’t Save Hillary
It seems women don’t like pandering

Two new polls released in the past week show women won’t be voting in droves for Hillary Clinton the way African-Americans voted in droves for President Obama.

First, a USA Today/Rock the Vote poll found millennial women preferring Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders to Ms. Clinton. Women between the ages of 18 and 34 preferred Mr. Sanders by a 19-point margin, with 50 percent choosing the senator and 31 percent choosing the former secretary of state.

On Tuesday, a Monmouth University national poll found Ms. Clinton’s lead among women had taken a nose dive since December. Ms. Clinton currently leads Mr. Sanders by 19 points among all women, a smaller lead than what the same poll found at the end of 2015, when Ms. Clinton had a 45-point lead. That’s a huge drop in just one month.

If these polls are indicative of the direction Ms. Clinton’s support among women is heading, as voters tend to make their final decisions in the last month and days before an election (or primary), then Ms. Clinton has a problem.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:53 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,714,153 times
Hillary will win the highly biased DNC primary. Rules are designed to insure that she wins. It's the stuff of Kings.

On other hand, when it gets to the general election, such advantages disappear. King Hillary is facing a landslide loss. She has never demonstrated that she can win a competitive election.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:53 AM

19,254 posts, read 16,769,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Clearly the Democrats had expected Hillary to win the Presidency in large part because she is a woman and other women would want to vote for her because they would want a woman president. As it turns out, women are not so easily moved. In fact, millennial women appear to like Bernie Sanders better than Hillary Clinton. And among all women, Hillary's lead has shrunk from 45% over Sanders last month, down to only 19% today.

Apparently just being a woman is not going the be enough.
And it shouldn't be. Good news that the young female voter isn't drinking this woman's koolaid. Hillary isn't interested in protecting or advancing women in this country. She proved that when she defended her husband for his philandering and the whole Lewinsky scandal; calling Lewinsky a “narcissistic loony toon.”

Old 02-07-2016, 01:03 PM

MSNBC hosts are shocked to discover that young college women in New Hampshire are offended by Hillary Clinton 'Playing the woman's card.'

Here is a YouTube video of the interviews of some of these young women in New Hampshire and the subsequent astonishment of the MSNBC hosts that the identity politics ploy on which Hillary Clinton's candidacy is largely based is not only not working, it is in many cases demonstrably backfiring:

Old 02-07-2016, 02:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,582,530 times
That's because they don't remember the fight. For women to have equal jobs/equal pay, etc. They just assume that's the way it is.

I guess that is a good thing.

And I agree with them that just because she's a woman doesn't mean they agree with all her positions.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Hillary is on the defensive as she simultaneously tries to push ahead with this blatant sexism as a central theme of her campaign. It is not working, but if she stops, then what is the justification of her campaign. She wants to be the first woman president. Without that as her banner, she has to run on her character and her record, which has to be kind of scary for her.

Quote:
Clinton defends Albright and Steinem apologises as sexism claims dominate Democratic race

The feminist writer Gloria Steinem apologized on Sunday for remarks about young women who support Bernie Sanders, not long after Hillary Clinton defended Madeleine Albright over her comment that there is “a special place in hell” for women who do not support Clinton.

“I don’t want people to be offended,” Clinton said. But when asked if she understood why some women did take offense, she suggested political correctness had made Americans overly sensitive. “Good grief, we’re getting offended by everything these days!” she said. “People can’t say anything without offending somebody.”

Sanders won 84% of people aged 17 to 29 in Iowa, and 58% of those aged 30 to 44, according to NBC exit polls. According to a USA Today/Rock the Vote poll, 50% of Democratic and independent women between the ages of 18 and 34 prefer Sanders to Clinton.

One supporter in New York told the Guardian on Saturday she could “list a million reasons why I prefer Bernie to Hillary”. Another described Steinem’s comments as “the worst kind of sweeping generalization I’ve heard in years about women my age”.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 02-08-2016 at 09:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections