Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:13 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

So, I'm reading Drudge this morning and it seems the big story that Drudge wants to highlight is George Soros saying it's the 2008 financial crisis all over again.

"Billionaire financier George Soros is warning of an impending financial markets crisis as investors around the world were roiled by turmoil in China trade for the second time this week."

Soros: It's the 2008 crisis all over again

The second story I read is Gov Rick Scott in Florida saying Trump has America's pulse. He says:

"I don’t think his ability to give the most interesting interviews or speeches is the only thing that has him leading in the polls. I think he is capturing the frustration of many Americans after seven years of President Obama’s very intentional government takeover of the U.S. economy...I continue to believe that our next president will be chosen because he or she has a believable plan for robust job creation in America. Yes, foreign policy and defense will be front-burner issues in this election, but let’s not forget that without a thriving economy, we will never be able to afford the kind of vigorous defenses that our country must have...Our next president cannot simply tweak our national economic policies. We need a complete overhaul."

He goes on to say how hard it is to start a business these days.

Donald Trump has America's pulse: Rick Scott

As you already know, skirmishes going on in various areas of the middle east are all over the TV news with photos reminding people the Iraq/Afghanistan quagmire has been going on for over a decade. It doesn't seem to get better, just worse.

And then comes the article that totally baffles me and that is there are some heads in the Republican party that think George W Bush (43) is the person who could come out of hiding and take down Trump not just for Jeb but for the sake of the party. Am I living in Bizarro World or what?

George W. Bush Could Be Key to Stopping Donald Trump, Republican Says - Bloomberg Politics

For the sake of the party? What party? The Democrat Party? If the 2008 financial crisis is coming around again reminding people of the beginning of the slide of the economy that took place under W and that Obama reminded people of for at least 4 years (Remember when Obama started every sentence with "I inherited?"). Our soldiers are still being killed in Afghanistan, and Iraq is worse now than it was under Saddam Hussein, reminding people that it all started with Bush yet, there are heads in the Republican Party that think throwing George W Bush out there is the key to stopping Trump? It just boggles the mind. Just when there is a whole bunch of crappola that can be attributed to Obama/Hillary, there are GOP "leaders" out there who want to remind everyone all over again of George W Bush. What dope are they smoking? They still haven't learned a d*mn thing from Trump's and Sander's crowds.

Take Trump out of the equation. Do you think strategically speaking, as a Republican voter, putting George W Bush out front and center now is a good idea, a bad idea, the most azzinine thing you ever heard of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 07:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Take Trump out of the equation. Do you think strategically speaking, as a Republican voter, putting George W Bush out front and center now is a good idea, a bad idea, the most azzinine thing you ever heard of?
Good post Laura. I've always been a fan of GWB, but putting him on the campaign trail to help his brother would be a huge mistake. Bush family-wise it might seem like the right thing to do, but Jeb Bush has completely failed to make any connection with the American voter. In fact, watching him in the debates has left a very sour impression of the man and there's nothing his brother can do to change that.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:47 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
So, I'm reading Drudge this morning
There's the problem right there.

Quote:
"Billionaire financier George Soros is warning of an impending financial markets crisis as investors around the world were roiled by turmoil in China trade for the second time this week."
Interesting, i have been seeing this exact quote for years in the Newsmax promoted content section, right next to "One Trick to Lose Weight That Obama Doesn't Want You to Know." Everybody predicts impending doom and nobody calls them out on it when it doesn't happen - like that Harold Camping idiot.

Mick

Old 01-07-2016, 07:54 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
You righties need another news source. Oh I forgot, it's all liberal media out there....
Scott was a bad choice for Governor as he was a criminal.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:00 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
I think it's about as great idea as the Democrat's Clinton campaigning for Hillary. I wouldn't be surprised if the four of them teamed up together; desperation blinds them.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:08 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
There's the problem right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You righties need another news source.
I know you libs hate it, but Drudge remains one of the consequential and influential Web sites on the Internet. Even the MSM love the guy, so you just sound ignorant putting him down.

The Drudge Report Report: The Definitive Data Analysis Of Drudge

Old 01-07-2016, 08:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
You righties need another news source. Oh I forgot, it's all liberal media out there....
This doesn't address the question as to whether it's a strategically good idea to put GWB out there during Campaign 2016.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I know you libs hate it, but Drudge remains one of the consequential and influential Web sites on the Internet. Even the MSM love the guy, so you just sound ignorant putting him down.

The Drudge Report Report: The Definitive Data Analysis Of Drudge
I congratulate him for making money curating links from (mostly) Yahoo News and CNN in his mother's basement. How can I put down a guy who is sending unsuspecting conservatives to librul msm websites. Good for him.

Mick

Old 01-07-2016, 08:27 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Just as criminal as Clinton. The American voters love their criminals and if they are politicians they are often reelected.

Rick Scott : He resigned as chief executive of Columbia/HCA in 1997, amid a controversy over the company's business and Medicare billing practices; the company ultimately admitted to fourteen felonies and agreed to pay the federal government over $600 million, which was the largest fraud settlement in US history. Scott was not implicated and no charges were levelled against him personally.

It seems like if a company is admitting to 14 felonies all they have to do is figure out the price to pay the government and those responsible like the CEO is off to his next criminal enterprise.

Both parties are corrupt and a complete overhaul of accountability or unaccountability is overdue. If we ever get to a point where we can hold them accountable swiftly with due process we might have better selections in the pipeline. White collar crimes of a company should have a mandatory jail time for all corporate officers. No politicians will pass that legislation because it harms their interest and by letting them get away with it we harm our interest.

George W has to be careful where he travels overseas or he could be arrested for war crimes. He is better off at home and out of the spotlight.

Last edited by phma; 01-07-2016 at 08:58 AM..

Old 01-07-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
This doesn't address the question as to whether it's a strategically good idea to put GWB out there during Campaign 2016.
He is still popular among GOPers. 57% of GOP voters in Iowa apparently said it is a good idea for Jeb to use GWB as an adviser for the campaign.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections