Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 09:08 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times

Advertisements

Mika Says MSM Can't Be Objective About Trump

Truth told. If the MSM went after Hillary like they have Trump, she'd be polling in the single digit range like JEB, and Bernie would be the front runner.

But Hillary gets free pass after free pass. Such as ABC making a big deal about that terrorist video with Trump all while completely ignoring there was already one with Hillary in it. They have no credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 09:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,313,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Yes, the same MSM that clamors to have Trump on every sunday morning show, every talk show known to man, hosting SNL and calling into the most watched morning show on a nearly daily basis can't be objective about him. Please... They are giving Trump more exposure and leaway (or rope depending on how you look at it) than any candidate in modern history.

The only "MSM" that seems to be in a negative tizzy about Trump is FOX News and their surrogates.
They give it to him because it's the only way they can get their ratings up. If he didn't draw big ratings he would not be getting the time of day.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:28 AM

285 posts, read 177,194 times
Since when has the mainstream media ever been objective about anything?

Old 01-04-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Krab View Post
Since when has the mainstream media ever been objective about anything?

Indeed. It's why their viewership continues to fall.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:49 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,138,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you are unable to find more than that you need to learn how your browser works. There is a whole world out there.
I don't know, I can't tell thanks to the parental controls that my mom put on. She could be a bit*h.

Mick

Old 01-04-2016, 10:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,313,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I don't know, I can't tell thanks to the parental controls that my mom put on. She could be a bit*h.

Mick
Thanks for at least being honest.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:44 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,580,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Mika Brezinski (MSNBC - Morning Joe) has let loose with a "gaff" (accidentally telling the truth) about the media coverage of Donald Trump. Once again, I am not a Donald Trump supporter. But at the same time, I am not stricken with T.D.S. the way so many of his opponents apparently are either. So I wanted to try and provide an "objective" take on this story.
The media's bafflement at Trump supporter's imperviousness to the media's coordinated attacks on "The Donald" is baffling to me. So, let me try to explain what is happening here.

Trump supporters know very well that the media lacks objectivity and that the people in it are as partisan, biased and untrustworthy as any people that can be found in our country today. Further, the media attacks on Trump are nearly all along the fault line of the Democratic left's expectations of "political correct" speech and behavior, with anyone who dares to defy the very selectively applied standards is vilified and attacked with what frequently appears to be coordinated campaigns to ruin these people's lives.

What the media and the hard left in this country do not seem to understand is that most Americans despise this "political correctness" culture and they do not accept the left's authority to impose it on them or on our society. They reject this vile crap and the people who attempt to orchestrate it, including these agenda-driven propaganda hounds in the establishment media.

So when the leftist media responds to Trump with their now familiar knee-jerk name calling and personal attacks whenever he dares to violate their "political correct" speech codes, they regard the real problem there as being the media and the left, and their "political correctness" agenda.

Also, please note that while I do not support Trump, I do not support the left's "political correctness" agenda. So do not think for a second that the resentment and rejection of this fascist agenda championed by the Democratic left is in any way limited to Donald Trump supporters. It isn't.
Regardess of their contempt - shared by non-media folk as well - they have given Trump 24/7 coverage. He should be down on his knees thanking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They dislike Trump because they know they can't get under his skin. They dislike Trump because they know he doesn't need them.

They've tried and tried to bring him down and it's done nothing.......what this is telling them is that the media has changed. That they are no longer needed for people to get their information. They know this means their days are numbered.

In a generation the Sunday morning political shows will all be gone.
He does need them. Where would Trump be now IF the news media weren't reporting on him 24/7? They have done nothing but give him free publicity whether they like him or not.

And I LOVE the Sunday morning political shows - they better not go away!

Old 01-04-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Regardess of their contempt - shared by non-media folk as well - they have given Trump 24/7 coverage. He should be down on his knees thanking them. He does need them. Where would Trump be now IF the news media weren't reporting on him 24/7? They have done nothing but give him free publicity whether they like him or not.

And I LOVE the Sunday morning political shows - they better not go away!
Actually Trump addressed this very thing with Dickerson on Face the Nation yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections