Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the worst Republican running in 2008 (see Dem poll on other thread)?
John McCain 31 48.44%
Mitt Romney 9 14.06%
Ron Paul 3 4.69%
Mike Huckabee 14 21.88%
They are all awful. 6 9.38%
They are all wonderful. 1 1.56%
I don't know/ Don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'm sorry, but I know enough about Mr. Paul to know that he would NOT be good for this country. Plenty agree too, but fight on! It is your perogative.

Also, be very careful in your comments. You don't want to get personal here. Show some restraint in voicing opposition to positions you don't agree with.
Ronald Reagan said it best. It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't true.

But you're right. We wouldn't want to take this personally.

Quote:
It is my observation that the most passionate bigots, the most narrow-minded people, the biggest religious zealots, and the most obssessed war hawks are represented by the Republican party and its constituents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 PM

164 posts, read 783,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Ronald Reagan said it best. It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't true.

But you're right. We wouldn't want to take this personally.

Show me a liberal that would enjoy living in the Bible Belt or will go to war for any tiny conflict or will ridicule two homosexuals in love.

Oh, that's right, they don't exist.

The Jesus-Freaks are all conservative Republicans, those who propose 'war at any cost' and support this unethical and embarrassing excuse for a war are all conservative Republicans, and those who are for equal rights are absolutely not conservative Republicans.

Alexus has a point.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM

47 posts, read 42,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
Who is the worst Republican running in 2008 (see Dem poll on other thread)?

1. John McCain
2. Mitt Romney
3. Ron Paul
4. Mike Huckabee

Please state why.
Easy call. McCain and Romney are in the wrong party.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:46 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,030 times
John McCain.

Because he's a total phony: a LIBERAL, Democrat-in-all-but-name, posing as a Republican just to move the party Leftward

Old 02-05-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2000 View Post
Show me a liberal that would enjoy living in the Bible Belt or will go to war for any tiny conflict or will ridicule two homosexuals in love.

Oh, that's right, they don't exist.

The Jesus-Freaks are all conservative Republicans, those who propose 'war at any cost' and support this unethical and embarrassing excuse for a war are all conservative Republicans, and those who are for equal rights are absolutely not conservative Republicans.

Alexus has a point.
Equal rights is the cornerstone of the traditional Republican party. Individual rights. Not rights for groups that even liberals have a hard time understanding only causes more bigotry and hatred. Perhaps the liberals would learn something if they stopped sorting their followers in little baskets to be hauled out when they need something.

Not ALL conservative Republicans are as you described them. I'm a gay man. I am a Conservative Republican. Don't tell me I'm a jesus freak either. I haven't believed in fairy tales since I learned to drive. So what you people don't understand is that there are some decent and caring Republicans that have had their party hijacked by a bunch of neocon tools. Unfortunately, allegiance to party has been more important to them than the standards that party set for itself decades ago. And it just so happens that I was against the war in Iraq before it ever started.

Now go vote for Obama and tell me how great he is when the economy collapses and he's got nothing to say about it.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:51 PM

164 posts, read 783,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Equal rights is the cornerstone of the traditional Republican party. Individual rights. Not rights for groups that even liberals have a hard time understanding only causes more bigotry and hatred. Perhaps the liberals would learn something if they stopped sorting their followers in little baskets to be hauled out when they need something.

Not ALL conservative Republicans are as you described them. I'm a gay man. I am a Conservative Republican. Don't tell me I'm a jesus freak either. I haven't believed in fairy tales since I learned to drive. So what you people don't understand is that there are some decent and caring Republicans that have had their party hijacked by a bunch of neocon tools. Unfortunately, allegiance to party has been more important to them than the standards that party set for itself decades ago. And it just so happens that I was against the war in Iraq before it ever started.

Now go vote for Obama and tell me how great he is when the economy collapses and he's got nothing to say about it.
I'm actually a moderate - not a Liberal or a Conservative.

No, not all conservative Repubs are the way I described, but the vast majority are.

And when you talk about the "Traditional Republican Party" it absolutely doesn't apply to most who claim to be Republican today. Sad, I know.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2000 View Post
I'm actually a moderate - not a Liberal or a Conservative.

No, not all conservative Repubs are the way I described, but the vast majority are.

And when you talk about the "Traditional Republican Party" it absolutely doesn't apply to most who claim to be Republican today. Sad, I know.
Thank you. I am a conservative. I don't like big government regardless of who it's trying to "help". I wish they would leave and start their own party.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Looks like the only "traditional" Republican is Ron Paul! Last time I read the Constitution we were supposed to be a Republic through democratic process, not a democracy nation wide where the majority enslaves the minority.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Also, be very careful in your comments. You don't want to get personal here. Show some restraint in voicing opposition to positions you don't agree with.
Yes, that was pretty personal. He really lost it didnt he?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:17 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
John McLame is the worst of the worst!!! I agree with Ann Coulter, if McLame gets the nomination I'm campaigning for the DemoncRAT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections