Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,912,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How did Hillary destroy these lives?

Frankly, I think the people who hated Clinton did more harm to these women, are are doing more harm to these women, by constantly bringing them up for scrutiny.
The only reason, I mean the ONLY reason I'm here is:

a) Hillary sends a tweet saying ALL abused women deserved to be heard? Are you kidding me?
b) She then goes and calls Trump a sexist while she has her husband (had affair with multiple women while as an official) campaigning for her?
c) Hillary did the opposite thing (run a war room against the women accusing Bill) that she is campaigning for (women's rights)

Note to Hillary lovers, SHE is the one starting this, not anyone else.

And it's all the Clinton hater's fault? Really? Wow, this thread is really quite enlightening and mind blowing... Reading the breath and depth of hypocrisy of Hillary and her supports is like looking at the Grand Canyon. I feel like I've dropped into an alternative universe when I read these threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 07:44 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,928,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
The only reason, I mean the ONLY reason I'm here is:

a) Hillary sends a tweet saying ALL abused women deserved to be heard? Are you kidding me?
b) She then goes and calls Trump a sexist while she has her husband (had affair with multiple women while as an official) campaigning for her?
c) Hillary did the opposite thing (run a war room against the women accusing Bill) that she is campaigning for (women's rights)

Note to Hillary lovers, SHE is the one starting this, not anyone else.

And it's all the Clinton hater's fault? Really? Wow, this thread is really quite enlightening and mind blowing... Reading the breath and depth of hypocrisy of Hillary and her supports is like looking at the Grand Canyon. I feel like I've dropped into an alternative universe when I read these threads.
SHE is not the one starting this. Trump is.

And ALL abused women do deserve to be heard. Is this something you disagree with? If you agree with that statement, then it doesn't matter who is making the statement.

Trump has made many sexist remarks. Adulterers aren't necessarily sexist.

Clinton haters have done a lot of harm. Obama haters have done a lot of harm. Bush haters have done a lot of harm. When hatred and anger is your driving motivation, then harm and destruction tends to be your objective.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:09 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,252,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
So let me get this straight. Clinton had an affair while he was president with a (younger) subordinate. When discovered, he denied it and blamed the victim, and destroyed her life. Hillary blames the victims by running a war room on these women. Then when people rightly complain, it's the complainer's fault? Holy mother of whatever I want whatever you're smoking so I can then appreciate Hillary also! OK, Hillary is a wonderful person, sure thing, yeah.
You like to confuse the issue by repeatedly dragging in irrelevancy. Two wrong doesn't make a right. Bill Clinton was wrong but that is irrelevant because that DOES NOT excuse the Republicans. They had every right to complain, but they went way beyond that and ruined a person's reputation in the process. While people like you defend them.

This is where logical thinking fails you. Did Bill Clinton dragged her into the spotlight? Did Bill Clinton use her to take down his own career? Did Bill Clinton write scandalous articles that specifically named her? Bill had an affair, ok fine; blame him for that. But Bill had a vested interest in keeping Monica off the news. Those who dragged her into the mud are right-wingers with support from people like yourself.

Even the victim said that the right-wing media is to blame for her ordeal.

You want to know what I'm smoking? Nothing. But do tell what are you smoking.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:38 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,702,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
17 years on, conservatives are still trying to get America to care about the Lewinsky scandal. Let me spell it out for you:

N-O-B-O-D-Y C-A-R-ES
Yet you demonstrate that you care by posting in this topic. LOL

Old 01-08-2016, 12:29 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,252,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet you demonstrate that you care by posting in this topic. LOL

I don't care about Ghiradelli chocolate but when I see the shops handing out samples, I take one.

It's called low hanging fruits.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I don't care about Ghiradelli chocolate but when I see the shops handing out samples, I take one.

It's called low hanging fruits.
This is a logical fallacy. You create a hypothetical situation to address a specific issue.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
This is a logical fallacy. You create a hypothetical situation to address a specific issue.
That was an analogy. Creating a hypothetical situation to make a point is not a logical fallacy.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
That was an analogy. Creating a hypothetical situation to make a point is not a logical fallacy.
Nothing that precludes attempt at analogy from being a logical fallacy. In fact, many of them are very bad attempts at such a thing.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Nothing that precludes an analogy from being a logical fallacy. In fact, many of them are very bad attempts at such a thing.
And regardless of your definition of logical fallacy, that was still an analogy.

Bebop equated threads that are easily challenged with Ghiradelli chocolates that are being given away. He is happy to post challenges in such threads, he is happy to accept free chocolates. The parallel is clear, and he even clarifies the parallel in his comment, "low-hanging fruit".

Old 01-08-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
. that was still an analogy....."low-hanging fruit".
It's called low hanging fruit because there is no demand for it except by those who "care" enough to take time to pick it off tree. Thank you for analogy.

Burnt.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections