Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 07:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

I would love to see a Bernie vs Ted Cruz race. A true lib vs. a true con, and may the best ideology win. No distractions, no red herrings, just collectivism vs individualism.

It's not going to happen, of course. Cruz may wind up as the GOP nominee, but it is unlikely that sanders will be the D nominee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 09:15 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You understand that there is a huge difference between " wants to ban all new fossil fuel production," and what the article you posted says?
I heard him say he wants to eventually ban all fossil fuel production because of global climate change. I even said that's the end goal. Sanders is against nuclear (I'm with him on that), but he also is against fossil fuel production and wants to increase wind, solar, and geothermal. We cannot replace coal with wind, solar or geothermal (remember, natural gas is a fossil fuel), and no one in their right mind would be flying on an electric airplane. I don't think he's really thought this through.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I heard him say he wants to eventually ban all fossil fuel production because of global climate change. I even said that's the end goal. Sanders is against nuclear (I'm with him on that), but he also is against fossil fuel production and wants to increase wind, solar, and geothermal. We cannot replace coal with wind, solar or geothermal (remember, natural gas is a fossil fuel), and no one in their right mind would be flying on an electric airplane. I don't think he's really thought this through.
You heard him say that or is that just what you wanted to hear him say? Big difference.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I would love to see a Bernie vs Ted Cruz race. A true lib vs. a true con, and may the best ideology win. No distractions, no red herrings, just collectivism vs individualism.

It's not going to happen, of course. Cruz may wind up as the GOP nominee, but it is unlikely that sanders will be the D nominee.
Good point. A true ideological race would be most interesting.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:38 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You heard him say that or is that just what you wanted to hear him say? Big difference.
I heard him say we have to get off fossil fuels and train the workers for another industry. Of course he can only really propose to ban offshore drilling and on federal lands because he has no right to ban drilling on private lands.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
I heard him say we have to get off fossil fuels and train the workers for another industry. Of course he can only really propose to ban offshore drilling and on federal lands because he has no right to ban drilling on private lands.
Many have said that and in the end it's a fact.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:19 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
I like Bernie. He votes his principals. I just don't see him being able to persuade congress to enact his policy proposals, nor do I actually think they're good. He also wants to ban all new fossil fuel production, and I'm sure the next step is to ban fossil fuel production forever. He hasn't a clue how this world works, or what drives our economy and way of life.

Breaking: Bernie Sanders Wants to Ban All New Fossil Fuel Development on Federal Lands | Mother Jones
If Bernie gets the chance to run against Trump he may end up with a shiny new Congress as well.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:53 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
Of course I want Bernie. He's the one that I wanted all along. Not all of us Democrats are dying to crown Hillary

Old 01-09-2016, 05:20 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Of course they do. Bernie could very well end up the nominee.

I am not a registered (D), even though I have voted for a more qualified (D) over an (R) on occasion. That sad, I'd vote for Bernie in a heartbeat over a dishonest political chameleon like Hillary. At least you know exactly where Bernie stands, and he is honest enough to tell it like it is, and let the chips fall where they may.
I can respect that, even though I disagree with most of what he says.
Hillary on the other hand will say anything, lie under oath, or even stay with a philandering serial cheater all in an effort to achieve power. I suspect deep down inside she is a little less liberal than Bernie, but not by much.
So if I were forced to pick between only those two choices to be president, I'd pick Bernie beyond the shadow of a doubt.
I want to respect my POTUS, even if I cannot stand their politics. Needless to say, I'd pick Carter over either one of them, because at his core, he is an honest decent person who tells it like it is. That is how I think Bernie is, even though he is more liberal than Carter.

`

Old 01-09-2016, 05:39 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Bernie's Achilles heel is apparent lack of African American support. Without it, there is simply no way that he will be nominated by the Democrats. This is Hillary's firewall as she will rack up huge numbers of Delegates in the South where Blacks make up a good portion of the DNC.

On the other hand there are a lot of Blacks who were quite upset for what they consider racist remarks made by the Clintons in '08. I guess well see how long that memory lasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections