Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 07:20 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no I havent,,,because medicare is a 80/20 (approx) insurance, the customer (patient) is STILL going to have the cost of the supplemental insurance and any copays....not to mention all the medicrae denials

its even worse with singlepayer (which would be 100% coverage (minus cosmetic and the typical denials that happen under any entity)) whichh would have a total cost to the taxpayer of 5 to 6 trillion yearly, plus COL increases
Medicare expenditures were $619 billion in 2014.
About $1 trillion in private health insurance money was spent on healthcare the same year. So remove 20% of that figure and that's how much was spent on healthcare for everyone else with insurance coverage. Ad in the 19% or so without insurance and you are still nowhere near $5-6 trillion, and that even includes nursing home expenditures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 07:48 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary Clinton doing the flippty flop.

In 2008 she was quite indignant when Obama criticized her over the same plan that she proposed which Bernie does now.

"Since When Do Democrats Attack Each Other over Healthcare?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_X-RoRghAY

Of course when you are King Hillary and you are being seriously challenged. LOL
Great catch...

LOL yet another of a seemingly infinite supply of Hillary flip flops. How can anyone possibly support this candidate and feel good about themselves?

Old 01-13-2016, 08:31 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Hillary Clinton doing the flippty flop.

In 2008 she was quite indignant when Obama criticized her over the same plan that she proposed which Bernie does now.

"Since When Do Democrats Attack Each Other over Healthcare?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_X-RoRghAY

Of course when you are King Hillary and you are being seriously challenged. LOL
Oh, I can't wait for Mr. Trump to stuff single payor healthcare down his supporters' throats. Trump 2016!

Mick

Old 01-13-2016, 08:54 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This person speaking about it has Hillary's and Chelsea in video clips within his commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JETdx0ZGdj8
I agree, that's startling!!!!

That's Ed Schultz, a popular left-wing commentator. I first heard him on Air America.

Thanks for posting this. My first choice is Sanders anyway, but now I'm *extremely* disappointed in Clinton.

Besides being factually wrong, this is a strategic mistake on her part.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:04 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
So we have Trump who is in favor of single payer, and we have Bernie who is in favor of single payer.

The people are speaking, the establishment is willfully not listening and doubling down. Look who's winning and who's losing.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post

LOL yet another of a seemingly infinite supply of Hillary flip flops. How can anyone possibly support this candidate and feel good about themselves?
Indeed. The Clintons don't stand for anything except themselves and those who support them with the big bucks. This is why it's easy for them to flip flop.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Oh, I can't wait for Mr. Trump to stuff single payor healthcare down his supporters' throats. Trump 2016!

Mick
Why wouldn't we want single payer over the mess that's called Obamacare?

Old 01-14-2016, 06:11 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What happens to the insurance companies? Can cars be next?
Medicare is a 80/20 plan. Private insurance would fill the gap (supplemental plans), well regulated like they are now with those on medicare. Very similar to many single payers in Europe (not the UK) and Canada. These plans can be offered by employers also. And it does not have to be immediate but akin to a sliding scale over several years. Another words year 1 would be those 55 and over, on down over time.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:25 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't we want single payer over the mess that's called Obamacare?
I so agree!

I speak to many people in person and online forums elsewhere outside of CD with no issue even when there's a difference of opinions. But here in CD "it's negatively different". Why?

Obamacare is falling under its own weight as UnitedHealthcare is losing money and is seeking to exit and others are now at least considering the same - one other company Aetna I believe may be next. The premiums for many are through the roof with high deductables - may as well have no insurance at all on the most part imo.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Chelsea Clinton goes on the attack; Democrats ask why | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections