Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 02:04 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times

Advertisements

He takes money from all the major donors and has more than once voted in their interests over the people. If it comes from big finance groups like Citi or big oil like Exxon Cruz was there.

I can respect people who want to support Cruz because deep down they trust him but facts are facts.
It is time for his supporters to learn the truth

Old 01-20-2016, 02:14 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
He is constantly fighting the corrupt Republican leadership and majority in the Senate.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:15 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
He is constantly fighting the corrupt Republican leadership and majority in the Senate.
True, I'll give him that. He has supported good things on foreign policy and other things but in the end of the day when big oil or wall street calls his office, he has to pay up

Old 01-20-2016, 04:01 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He takes money from all the major donors and has more than once voted in their interests over the people. If it comes from big finance groups like Citi or big oil like Exxon Cruz was there.

I can respect people who want to support Cruz because deep down they trust him but facts are facts.
It is time for his supporters to learn the truth

Please provide some specific examples where Cruz "has more than once voted in their interests over the people."

As a Cruz supporter, I look forward to learning the truth from you and the specific votes you claim he has made against the interests of his constituents because of donations from Citigroup and Exxon.

You do understand that when you look at the funding pages where it shows donations by large companies, that those amounts reflect the donations made by INDIVIDUALS employed by those companies and NOT huge payments from the companies themselves, don't you.

When you make a political donation, you are required to state your occupation and your employer. If you work for a large company, your donation is reflected in the overall amount listed as coming from that large company.

If you do some actual research, you will discover that any donations that come from the actual companies, through their PACS, go to both parties, fairly equally. Just ask Trump about that. He has always donated to both parties. His past donations tend more heavily on the democrat side of the aisle, but even he knows how the game is played.

Anyway, look forward to your specific examples!

Old 01-20-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
True, I'll give him that. He has supported good things on foreign policy and other things but in the end of the day when big oil or wall street calls his office, he has to pay up

Again, please provide specifics for your allegations about big oil and wall street. Are you just making stuff up or can you provide a basis for your statements. I'm just trying to determine whether you are trying to impart information or just posting libelous statements against Cruz.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
I think Cruz is anti-establishment on many social issues. He stands on his principles. I don't fault him on that.

But I don't think he is anti-establishment on trade, foreign-workers and immigration, taxation, and economical policy and entangling us in the middle east and foreign wars.. Which are important issues to me. He's much better than Rubio on immigration though.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think Cruz is anti-establishment on many social issues. He stands on his principles. I don't fault him on that.

But I don't think he is anti-establishment on trade, foreign-workers and immigration, taxation, and economical policy and entangling us in the middle east and foreign wars.. Which are important issues to me. He's much better than Rubio on immigration though.

Can you provide specifics with regard to your claim that Cruz "is anti-establishment on trade, foreign-workers and immigration, taxation, and economical policy and entangling us in the middle east and foreign wars"

I am interested in seeing Cruz' actual voting record that would support any of these claims. Thanks!

Old 01-20-2016, 04:41 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Everyone knows that his loyalties lie with the oil companies and pretending otherwise won't take that away:

America

As expected as always with Cruz, flip-flop and he, of course, denies it: Ted Cruz denies ethanol flip-flop, writes op-ed - POLITICO

Ted Cruz? Deny. Deny. Deny. I guess in HIS religion that they don't consider deceitfulness a sin or perhaps the "anointed" one doesn't follow the same rules as others in HIS religion.

One third of Republicans think he doesn't even qualify as a "natural born citizen" so I don't see them possibly throwing away their vote.

This is what Cruz is: http://www.newswithviews.com/Nelson/kelleigh263.htm and http://www.forwardprogressives.com/t...eocracy-video/ Know your candidates. And, some thought Obama was the anti-Christ. Oh my, maybe I'm not far off on my thoughts: http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026401981

Slip, slidin' away, Slip slidin' away..............

My first choice would be Carson if he were doing better. He is a true Christian, has integrity and intelligence. I am supporting Trump at this time. Should Trump not get the nomination or run 3rd party, my next choice is Sanders. While I believe in God, I do not believe that the god that these people want to use to turn our government into a fake Christian theocracy is at all related. I believe these people are evil and totally full of themselves and, well, you know what else they are full of!

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 01-20-2016 at 05:14 PM..

Old 01-20-2016, 05:28 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Can you provide specifics with regard to your claim that Cruz "is anti-establishment on trade, foreign-workers and immigration, taxation, and economical policy and entangling us in the middle east and foreign wars"

I am interested in seeing Cruz' actual voting record that would support any of these claims. Thanks!

Cruz supports free trade and initially supported and voted for TPA, then voted against it for reasons that are not clear. Voting record doesn't tell you a lot since the only legislation that makes it to vote is mostly progressive garbage and you don't know the real reason for the vote. He wants a flat tax, privatize social security. That might be positions that are supported by many conservatives and our establishment positions, but to me they seem benefit global corporations.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...tion-authorit/

"
Cruz in support of TPA
Trade Promotion Authority, called fast-track, has been enacted on and off since 1974. If passed, it has a life span of six years, and remains in place regardless of a presidential administration change. Fast-track grants the president freedom to present trade treaties for a straight up or down vote in Congress, freeing him or her from any amendments on trade deals.

With negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership in the works, fast-track was introduced for reauthorization on April 16, 2015, and set to a late May vote in the Senate.
In anticipation of this vote, Cruz publicly urged Congress to vote in favor of fast-track authority.
"Congress needs to strengthen the country’s bargaining position by establishing trade-promotion authority, also known as TPA, which is an arrangement between Congress and the president for negotiating and considering trade agreements. In short, TPA is what U.S. negotiators need to win a fair deal for the American worker," Cruz and Ryan said in their Wall Street Journal op-ed.
Cruz and Ryan also pitched the passage as an important step toward helping the domestic workforce. "TPA is what U.S. negotiators need to win a fair deal for the American worker," they said. "One in five American jobs depends on trade, and that share is only going to grow."

On May 22, Trade Promotion Authority passed the Senate 62-37 with bipartisan support. Cruz was among the 48 Republicans and 14 Democrats who voted "yes."
Cruz in opposition to TPA
Following the Senate passage, the bill went to the House where it was split into two separate votes: one on TPA and the other on Trade Adjustment Assistance, or TAA (a program that provides training support, career counseling, allowances, and wage supplements to workers affected by globalization and trade). On June 12, fast-track passed, but Trade Adjustment Assistance was voted down. This stalled and resulted in a motion to reconsider by Speaker Boehner."

Cruze was dishonest or wrong to say TPA helps American workers. And it appears he voted for TPA then against it because he was voting against TAA.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:56 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post

Thanks for your persistence in demanding unbiased sources from posters here regarding Cruz. Not forwardprogress or politico . Some will believe anything without researching the issues.
Look, I appreciate that Trump has forced the other candidates to discuss issues they would rather not talk about, but Cruz has been talking about border enforcement and e-verify for much longer than Trump.
Something woke me up recently regarding Trump (I mentioned it on another thread): he was speaking at a rally when his mic malfunctioned. He got angry and declared that he was not going to pay the individuals who had installed the mic, wasn't going to pay. ***** happens sometimes andthings break down. Trump could have dealt with it with a joke, but choose to get angry. So, some individuals won't get paid- people with children perhaps? That really hit home for me.
Additionally, look how the establishment politicians are suddenly attempting to herd the sheeple towards Trump. Ever wonder why? They know that if elected, Cruz will abide by the Constitution, which will end their comfy little ride on our dollar.
All I can say is, WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! Let's refuse to follow along and be screwed all over again by D.C. We are smarter than this.

Sigh, off my soapbox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections