Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 06:50 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Liberal hysterics at play....

"Ooh, he reads Hitler speeches" (by the most successful politician ever....)

"Ooh, he says that THEY say that people's loyalty to him is the highest of all the candidates -- even to the point where they would stick with him even if he shot people on 5th Avenue!!"

(OMG, now he's shooting people!!!!!!)

Too funny.

This is the sort of desperate name-calling and exaggeration you get from liberals because they have nothing to offer except failure and misery to the American people.
It does not appear to be much of an exaggeration. Trump was not only boasting about it, but in the same line, he also complimented his followers as "smart" for their willingness to intellectually submit to him in this way.

The thing about the Democrat left is that they have demonstrated the same intellectual loyalty to Barack Obama as we see being shown here by Trump's followers. They will defend anything that he says, no matter how over the top. The blatant lies and justifications they offer to do so frequently digress into the realm of the absurd. Virtually nobody believes their lying crap, except another Obama cult follower, or Trump follower as the case may be.

As far as the divisive nature of Trump's rhetoric, we have seen the same from Obama on this score. He attended Jeremiah Wright's racist "black liberation theology" church for 20 years. He has subsequently been just as divisive and just as destructive to our race relations as you would expect someone from that sort of racist background to be. He also has gone out of his way to promote the left's extremely divisive political correctness speech and behavior codes, which encourage people to be openly hostile, antagonistic and rude to anyone who does not fall in line, using tactics such as name calling and bearing false witness against those who dare not to conform.

Also, Obama and the Democrat left have been eerily protective of radical Islamic terrorists, usually using their political correctness agenda as an excuse. Obama and his regime will not even refer to these people as the radical Islamic terrorists that they are.

Obama has taken this to such an extreme as to compromise our national security, the same way the European leaders have done in their countries, by insisting that people by the thousands from areas where radical Islamic terror groups actively at war are proactively imported into our country without properly being vetted. And Obama's cult followers defend these actions and him, with the same blind loyalty that Trump's followers have displayed in defending him regarding these outrageous remarks about his ability to shoot people in the street and get away with it.

The difference is that we have actually seen people killed by these terrorists in San Bernadino as a result of Obama's policies and practices of importing inadequately vetted people from these radical Islamic terror war zones. So far we have not seen anyone die from Trump's over the top shenanigans. At least not yet.

The similarities between Trump and Obama, and Obama's followers and Trump's followers are surprisingly many. I think this may be the appeal of Trump to his followers. He is just as intentionally divisive, just as dishonest, and every bit as much inclined to troll the American people who he does not agree with from the oval office as Obama has been. Trump supporters want a their own savior, just like Obama is to many on the left. They want an Obama of their own. And Donald Trump appears to be that savior.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 01-26-2016 at 07:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 12:26 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It does not appear to be much of an exaggeration. Trump was not only boasting about it, but in the same line, he also complimented his followers as "smart" for their willingness to intellectually submit to him in this way.

The thing about the Democrat left is that they have demonstrated the same intellectual loyalty to Barack Obama as we see being shown here by Trump's followers. They will defend anything that he says, no matter how over the top. The blatant lies and justifications they offer to do so frequently digress into the realm of the absurd. Virtually nobody believes their lying crap, except another Obama cult follower, or Trump follower as the case may be.

As far as the divisive nature of Trump's rhetoric, we have seen the same from Obama on this score. He attended Jeremiah Wright's racist "black liberation theology" church for 20 years. He has subsequently been just as divisive and just as destructive to our race relations as you would expect someone from that sort of racist background to be. He also has gone out of his way to promote the left's extremely divisive political correctness speech and behavior codes, which encourage people to be openly hostile, antagonistic and rude to anyone who does not fall in line, using tactics such as name calling and bearing false witness against those who dare not to conform.

Also, Obama and the Democrat left have been eerily protective of radical Islamic terrorists, usually using their political correctness agenda as an excuse. Obama and his regime will not even refer to these people as the radical Islamic terrorists that they are.

Obama has taken this to such an extreme as to compromise our national security, the same way the European leaders have done in their countries, by insisting that people by the thousands from areas where radical Islamic terror groups actively at war are proactively imported into our country without properly being vetted. And Obama's cult followers defend these actions and him, with the same blind loyalty that Trump's followers have displayed in defending him regarding these outrageous remarks about his ability to shoot people in the street and get away with it.

The difference is that we have actually seen people killed by these terrorists in San Bernadino as a result of Obama's policies and practices of importing inadequately vetted people from these radical Islamic terror war zones. So far we have not seen anyone die from Trump's over the top shenanigans. At least not yet.

The similarities between Trump and Obama, and Obama's followers and Trump's followers are surprisingly many. I think this may be the appeal of Trump to his followers. He is just as intentionally divisive, just as dishonest, and every bit as much inclined to troll the American people who he does not agree with from the oval office as Obama has been. Trump supporters want a their own savior, just like Obama is to many on the left. They want an Obama of their own. And Donald Trump appears to be that savior.
The way I see it, Trump's antics are a much needed COUNTER to political correctness. They serve a good purpose. They are showing Americans it is okay to stop hiding and say what you think.

And the people who hate Trump twist and misrepresent what he says. He never said that ALL Mexicans are rapists and murderers. He was talking about illegal immigrants who commit crimes. His temporary ban on Muslim immigration was not the same as saying "I hate all Muslims." After the Boston Bombing and San Bernardino, it is obvious that we have not been properly vetting Muslim refugees and immigrants.

I'm not going to apologize for my support for Trump.

But there are other Republican candidates that I would support -- any of them besides the open-borders ones.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:13 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why did you not use the full quote of what he said when he was quoting someone else in that speech?

“They say I have the most loyal people where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay?â€
Bwahahahahaha!

Total thread fail, OP.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:13 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Trump is absolutely right. He has their minds like a fast accelerating zombie virus.

Trump has said with his own words the GOP is stupid and that he could play them like a fiddle promising to solve all the things that's making them angry. It's ironic that Trump is riding the same sort of "I'll fix your life" platform that Obama used in 2008.

I'll say this about Trump he's a masterful salesman and could sell ice to an Eskimo.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:50 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Trump is absolutely right. He has their minds like a fast accelerating zombie virus.

Trump has said with his own words the GOP is stupid and that he could play them like a fiddle promising to solve all the things that's making them angry. It's ironic that Trump is riding the same sort of "I'll fix your life" platform that Obama used in 2008.

I'll say this about Trump he's a masterful salesman and could sell ice to an Eskimo.
People aren't supporting Trump because he's putting thoughts into their minds.

The thoughts were there already, and he is expressing them openly.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:

Yes. If I ever meet Trump at a rally, I would thank him for giving me a voice. I have felt disconnected from both the Republican party and the media and I'm not the only one.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:55 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:

Yes that's true - he's saying out loud what they think, but he's telling them what they want to hear. This group is legitimately weary of government (and no not just Dems but GOP), however they've hitched their hopes to a guy who has his own agenda.

At *least* Obama *tried* to do most of the things he campaigned on, Trump if he gets in will bring in his own folks and work on items that are in *his* best interest and the interest of his family and allies.

It's funny that they want an anti-establishment guy, and totally not seeing that trump *is the establishment*. Good luck with that.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Please do, remind yourself that you failed math class..

Arent you the poster who tried to tell me that wealth has to be obtained through income? Yeah, I'm still laughing my ass off over that one..
First, I got "A's" in math. Second, wealth DOES come from income. It doesn't fall from the sky. Even in the case of inheritance, that's income (whether taxable or not is immaterial.)

Getting back to the topic, Trump is a fake. He's an inheritance billionaire who played the system all his life for his own benefit and who is now marketing himself as an outsider that's going to change everything for the better from his force of will.

Unfortunately, there are enough stupid people who believe his tripe.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:54 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Default Be real...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yeah, I have offered this observation several times, but I cannot see how it is very smart for Donald Trump to publicly confirm it. A great many Trump supporters behave in an eerily similar way to Obama supporters.
There is no comparison! Trump has littered his campaign trail with some of the most outlandish statements ever before presented to the American public by a candidate for POTUS. Obama has done nothing even remotely close. Trump is criticized for stupid statements, like this one about shooting people. Obama is criticized about matters of policy -- again a big difference!

As far as this latest remark, just as quickly over-shadowed by his more recent antics with Fox news, I saw what he said as he said it, and it is just a dumb thing to say all considered, no matter what parts of the statement you want to focus on. The most accurate thing about his statement is that hopefully most people on 5th Avenue are smarter than typical Trump supporters, so maybe he is right that firing a shot would cost him no votes there...

Still, a really dumb thing to say either way. How scary is the thought that so many people consider this guy worthy of the highest office in the land?

Old 01-27-2016, 10:03 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
There is no comparison! Trump has littered his campaign trail with some of the most outlandish statements ever before presented to the American public by a candidate for POTUS. Obama has done nothing even remotely close. Trump is criticized for stupid statements, like this one about shooting people. Obama is criticized about matters of policy -- again a big difference!

As far as this latest remark, just as quickly over-shadowed by his more recent antics with Fox news, I saw what he said as he said it, and it is just a dumb thing to say all considered, no matter what parts of the statement you want to focus on. The most accurate thing about his statement is that hopefully most people on 5th Avenue are smarter than typical Trump supporters, so maybe he is right that firing a shot would cost him no votes there...

Still, a really dumb thing to say either way. How scary is the thought that so many people consider this guy worthy of the highest office in the land?
Obama has distinguished himself with his followers by trolling his opponents right out of the oval office. You really cannot make this stuff up.

Obama is our first troll president. If Trump were to win, he would be the second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections