Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 03:34 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
He might win the GOP nomination, and he'll always have his Trumpettes, but he will NEVER win the presidency. Not in a million years. This country has too many sane people for that.
I hope you are right. But, judging from the loyal trump folks on CD, it is questionable - i.e, posts on this thread from trump folks: Spartacus -'not running on the issues' vs dechalet - 'he's the only one talking about the issues'. All that talk about not having to read someone's mind. I'm hoping that is not representative of the majority of voters.

Even if there are sane people, will they go out and vote? I sincerely hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 04:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Well, we have plenty of people here who hate America and want to destroy this country with open borders, a flood of cheap labor, offshoring of jobs, racial politics, political correctness, importing terrorism, etc.

They don't happen to be Trump supporters.

We will see what we will see.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well, we have plenty of people here who hate America and want to destroy this country with open borders, a flood of cheap labor, offshoring of jobs, racial politics, political correctness, importing terrorism, etc.

They don't happen to be Trump supporters.

We will see what we will see.

I'm a non-trump supporter and...

I am a veteran. Are you? I do not hate America.

I want a sensible solution to the border issue. Including financial punishments that would actually be worthwhile, rather than just a slap on the hand, to those companies that use illegals for cheap labor. Building a wall, as trump has suggested, and getting Mexico to pay for it doesn't help solve the problem. It would be a waste of money and a nightmare to manage, with very little pay-off because it can be gotten around easily.

I don't want cheap labor, I want good jobs in the country. I have always hated the flood of companies off-shoring everything they possibly could. I puts this country in danger because it moves production elsewhere, takes away jobs for those who would typically be working in manufacturing, and left pretty much nothing but service industry jobs.

Racial politics... hmmm.. does that mean I don't hate Obama because he is black?

Political correctness - yes, I want people to not speak their rudest thoughts. I want people to be kinder to each other. I want people to stop being nasty. Yeah, I know - liberal pipe dream, never gonna happen.

Importing terrorism - I am all for vetting and the process taking a long time for immigration. Being for immigration isn't the same as importing terrorism, it is actually the basis on which this country made it reputation "give me your huddles masses yearning to breathe free". Related to that, but not on your list - having a religion criteria for immigration goes against the very foundation of this country, and is despicable.

I know you think that all the people who do not support trump are what you say they are. You are wrong. So, please, feel free to attack my response to your post.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I'm a non-trump supporter and...

I am a veteran. Are you? I do not hate America.

I want a sensible solution to the border issue. Including financial punishments that would actually be worthwhile, rather than just a slap on the hand, to those companies that use illegals for cheap labor. Building a wall, as trump has suggested, and getting Mexico to pay for it doesn't help solve the problem. It would be a waste of money and a nightmare to manage, with very little pay-off because it can be gotten around easily.

I don't want cheap labor, I want good jobs in the country. I have always hated the flood of companies off-shoring everything they possibly could. I puts this country in danger because it moves production elsewhere, takes away jobs for those who would typically be working in manufacturing, and left pretty much nothing but service industry jobs.

Racial politics... hmmm.. does that mean I don't hate Obama because he is black?

Political correctness - yes, I want people to not speak their rudest thoughts. I want people to be kinder to each other. I want people to stop being nasty. Yeah, I know - liberal pipe dream, never gonna happen.

Importing terrorism - I am all for vetting and the process taking a long time for immigration. Being for immigration isn't the same as importing terrorism, it is actually the basis on which this country made it reputation "give me your huddles masses yearning to breathe free". Related to that, but not on your list - having a religion criteria for immigration goes against the very foundation of this country, and is despicable.

I know you think that all the people who do not support trump are what you say they are. You are wrong. So, please, feel free to attack my response to your post.
Continue to not get it.

I myself have no time for that.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:52 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Default You can bring a horse to water...

Quote:
Continue to not get it.

"Not get it?" What a lazy way to dismiss one of the best anti-nonsense comments I've ever read in these threads!

If kat in aiken doesn't "get it" in such well put well mannered and well laid out fashion, then no wonder Trump is your man and Obama beyond your reason and comprehension!

You have no time for what you don't want to hear, much like Trump had no time for the debate last night. American voters, truth, reason and logic be damned...

Old 01-29-2016, 08:58 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Default The best and worst...

Quote:
Well, we have plenty of people here who hate America and want to destroy this country with...
Just like the response to this nonsense is one of the best I've read, this intro about Americans who don't agree with you or Trump is utterly disgraceful. People who use rhetoric like this are almost as bad as people who turn to hate speech to express what they don't understand about others...

Old 01-29-2016, 12:22 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Trump is an America-first nationalist and populist who recognizes the damage being done to this country by bad trade deals, offshoring of jobs, virtually open borders with people coming in that we don't know about (including many who commit crimes), millions of immigrants coming to this country and taking jobs when Americans are unemployed, our apparent inability to properly vet Muslim immigrants and keep out terrorists, and America absorbing millions of refugees and immigrants who have no desire to integrate into the mainstream of society.

Those are the issues that have been ignored by other politicians.

And they are issues that a lot of Americans care about.

If you don't get it by now, you never will.
Trump is a faux America-first nationalist. Over everything else, he is a plutocrat that never before, like the rest of the oligarchs, had no problems with immigration that brings in cheap labor to mow his golf courses and clean his hotels.

Trump, like the other elitists, seeks low taxes and deregulation. The GOP has been successful at winning elections my agitating a base of voters motivated by fears of social change -- such as gay rights, abortion and stricter gun laws -- but above all, by hostility towards 'those people.' I don't see any change from Trumpism -- except it is the same game-plan on steroids -- now Trump agitates the base by having them afraid of ISIS and immigrants of different flavors.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:27 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet
Well, we have plenty of people here who hate America and want to destroy this country with...
The right has been saying for years how Obama hates America and wants it to fail. What do we have as evidence of Obama's hared for America? The Obama years have instead been marked by significant (if incomplete) progressive victories, on health policy, taxes, financial reform and the environment -- not to mention yanking the economy out of a near depression.

That guy hates Americans so much he got 16 million of them health insurance who had none before.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Continue to not get it.

Great non-response. Are you a veteran? What have you done to serve your country? You have no time to defend your position? Hit and run much?

Old 01-29-2016, 05:57 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Great non-response. Are you a veteran? What have you done to serve your country? You have no time to defend your position? Hit and run much?
And, are you a veteran? I am and so is my husband. My father was, my uncles were, my husband's mother was and our son is active duty.

Can I help you get an answer? And, frankly, what does that even have to do with the topic? This isn't about the fund raiser that Trump did for the veterans raising millions of dollars but about a comment that Trump made.

And, since your candidate isn't doing well................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections