Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 01:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why did you not use the full quote of what he said when he was quoting someone else in that speech?

They say I have the most loyal people where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay?”
this does show what taking something out of context can do or editing videos, but all in all, his comment was really idiotic. love him or hate him, repeating things like this could end up being the end of his career. Maybe he will continue to get away with this, God, I hope not. Someone has to tackle him and teach him when to keep his mouth shut. For some reason though, I don't think he will listen. Believe me he can't keep blabbing like this when he is dealing with other leaders, in other countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 01:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And as the that link goes on to state, "But it won't." It's actually not a surprise. This is typical cult mentality. No matter what he says, his brain dead cult members will agree. This quote proves that point.
The reaction from the audience is not horror either, they love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqCJfUKlls

Old 01-23-2016, 01:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Except that Pressing-On is a certified conservative. . . .

Mick
Certified and bona-fided!

Old 01-23-2016, 01:26 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Why did you not use the full quote of what he said when he was quoting someone else in that speech?

They say I have the most loyal people where I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay?”
YOU are misquoting Mr. Trump, IMHO. He said:

Quote:
"My people are so smart -- and you know what else they say about my people? The polls?" Trump asked a crowd at a Sioux Center, Iowa, rally. "I have the most loyal people -- did you ever see that?"

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" he said, referring to the major street in New York City that cuts through Manhattan's large commercial district. "It's, like, incredible."
Donald Trump: I could "shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters" - CBS News

If you read it in context in full, you will see that "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" is Mr. Trump's opinion, not someone else's statement.

Mr. Trump is 100% correct, though.

Mick

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Right, and many have said that Rush Limbaugh has fed this monster. I believe I agree with that.
So has CNN, MSNBC and Fox News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
this does show what taking something out of context can do or editing videos, but all in all, his comment was really idiotic. love him or hate him, repeating things like this could end up being the end of his career. Maybe he will continue to get away with this, God, I hope not. Someone has to tackle him and teach him when to keep his mouth shut. For some reason though, I don't think he will listen. Believe me he can't keep blabbing like this when he is dealing with other leaders, in other countries.
He is really, really RICH, from his own words. He can say whatever he wants.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The reaction from the audience is not horror either, they love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqCJfUKlls
Cutting off

"they say".... kinda changes the context of his statement,

but hey, no one would be that dishonest, would they?

Probably the same kooks that wine about Planned Parenthood "edited" videos..

Old 01-23-2016, 01:28 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't know even one Democrat that supports Trump. They say he's appears to be certifiable.
The New York Times has reported that his largest single group of supporters are registered Democrats

Old 01-23-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So has CNN, MSNBC and Fox News.
Agreed! They have. I think that Rush built a monster, but actually started out loving that someone was fighting hard against Political Correctness. We all were, in the beginning, but now Trump has taken things way too far. In the beginning, I thought that if he happened to win the nomination, I would vote for him. Not anymore. He will never be able to get my support. He is unpresidential, a bully, rude, arrogant and an all out jerk.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
FULL video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eQ_eTfgB90
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections