Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If they are the final top mix in November, tentatively,
I'll vote for Bloomberg. 14 12.61%
I'll vote for Sanders. 33 29.73%
I'll vote for Trump. 59 53.15%
I'll write in or vote for someone else. 5 4.50%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 09:13 PM

792 posts, read 2,325,235 times

Advertisements

I'd vote for Sanders, but if the choices were Clinton vs. Bloomberg vs. any GOP candidate, I think I might vote for Bloomberg, although I'd need to do some more research before deciding. If the GOP candidate were Trump or Cruz, I might have to vote for Clinton if I didn't think Bloomberg could win, but if he looked like a viable candidate, I might pick him over Clinton.

Clinton vs. Trump, Cruz, or Paul, without Bloomberg? I'd pick Clinton, but I'd have to hold my nose while doing so.

Clinton vs. an establishment Republican? I'd probably write in Sanders or vote 3rd party, and let the chips fall where they may.

I really don't want to vote for Clinton, mainly because of her Iraq war vote. Sanders is the only one who is not just the lesser of two evils in my book.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 AM

9,537 posts, read 16,527,663 times
I cannot imagine Trump being President of this country. The personality and diplomacy is just not there with this man. When I see Sanders on TV, he sounds and seems like someone from Seinfeld. Clinton we have had enough family members being President. Enough is Enough with the Clintons. Cruz is just to much the holier than thou type for many people, including me. . Plus I think we could use a younger person, with some fresh ideas for President. I think its a very poor choice of candidates, and the media is controlling who will win. They only give coverage to a few candidates, and leave everyone else out of it.

I have to add this. I do not believe in voting for the lesser, of two evils business anymore. If there is that many problems with these people, that we have to think that way. Then they should not be running in the first place. I think it is the reason we have nonstop problems with politics. Many of our politicians have no business even running, and Americans tolerate it. We are part of the problem. By not moving forward and demanding, a more qualified candidate and government.

In all the many years I have voted. I think this is the absolute worst assortment, of candidates I have ever seen.

Last edited by Jimrob1; 01-24-2016 at 08:10 AM..

Old 01-24-2016, 08:24 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,560,332 times
Strong for Trump!!!

I love this board!!!

Old 01-24-2016, 08:41 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,864,292 times
[MOD CUT/flaming]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I cannot imagine Trump being President of this country. The personality and diplomacy is just not there with this man. When I see Sanders on TV, he sounds and seems like someone from Seinfeld. Clinton we have had enough family members being President. Enough is Enough with the Clintons. Cruz is just to much the holier than thou type for many people, including me. . Plus I think we could use a younger person, with some fresh ideas for President. I think its a very poor choice of candidates, and the media is controlling who will win. They only give coverage to a few candidates, and leave everyone else out of it.

I have to add this. I do not believe in voting for the lesser, of two evils business anymore. If there is that many problems with these people, that we have to think that way. Then they should not be running in the first place. I think it is the reason we have nonstop problems with politics. Many of our politicians have no business even running, and Americans tolerate it. We are part of the problem. By not moving forward and demanding, a more qualified candidate and government.

In all the many years I have voted. I think this is the absolute worst assortment, of candidates I have ever seen.
I'd agree. Horrible group of candidates. What we need is a third term of Obama.... He'd win too.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-24-2016 at 08:56 PM..

Old 01-24-2016, 08:47 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
You get Bloomberg's judgement and priorities. His police-state NYPD and inept Schools appointments. His complete disregard and contempt for traffic law enforcement and safety. Look at the snake pit he left at Rikers Island. TSA invited--complete w/ dress-bright airport blues and white shoulder patches--into MTA subway stations to conduct regular searches. He's a thoughtless tyrant. And lifelong Democrat before, as usual, opportunistically using the opposing primary to get a leg up.

Slaves can't own guns. (But he can.) Slaves can't buy unapproved drink sizes--then lies about their ingredients in NYC Health adverts on the trains. Basically an unctious, selfish, authoritarian narcissist.

He sure does take votes from Sanders.

Last edited by mm4; 01-24-2016 at 08:59 PM..

Old 01-24-2016, 11:10 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
Like it or not, Mr. Trump will be the next president. There is not even a little doubt.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:14 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Like it or not, Mr. Trump will be the next president. There is not even a little doubt.
That's what Romney supporters said.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:20 PM

1,676 posts, read 946,250 times
Romney didn't have anywhere NEAR the support The Donald has. Trump has drawn more disaffected Democrats and Independents to his side than Romney ever did. He has 25% of the Black vote and 20% of Democrats backing him; Romney was pitiful by comparison with these groups.

Anyways, I'd vote for Trump. And if Bloomberg goes in, Hillary's toast. The Sandernistas will vote for him just because they hate Hillary. And there's no way anyone who likes Donald Trump--even if just a second or third choice--would vote for another globalist like Bloomberg.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:21 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That's what Romney supporters said.
Trump isn't Romney. Trump works a lot harder than Romney, and could be Trump's VP choice. Maybe Fiorina for VP. And Trump isn't running against a president.

If anyone actually thinks Mr. Trump will lose, you're not really following politics closely. It is way over. Nobody is beating Trump. He's too strong. Slam dunk for him. He can do no wrong.

Old 01-24-2016, 11:23 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Trump isn't Romney. Trump works a lot harder than Romney, and could be Trump's VP choice. Maybe Fiorina for VP. And Trump isn't running against a president.

If anyone actually thinks Mr. Trump will lose, you're not really following politics closely. It is way over. Nobody is beating Trump. He's too strong. Slam dunk for him. He can do no wrong.
I'm just saying Romney supporters said the exact same thing you are saying about Trump. And if he has Carly for a vp he will definitely lose. She's horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections