Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 02:02 PM

25,982 posts, read 22,176,776 times

Advertisements

I know there was a lot of talk about Trump and how people felt he was using them trying to earn money for the different organization, so I decided to look at Cruz.

Cruz uses his religion to promote himself. As we know, part of Christianity is "tithing" and isn't that in the neighborhood of 10%? As a devote Christian, I was sure he would be on board with that, well, at least until the real Cruz came creeping out:

This is an excellent article: Cruz's Religion Once Wasn't So Obvious - US News

Looks like it is already out there: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...harity/426546/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 02:17 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,847,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I know there was a lot of talk about Trump and how people felt he was using them trying to earn money for the different organization, so I decided to look at Cruz.

Cruz uses his religion to promote himself. As we know, part of Christianity is "tithing" and isn't that in the neighborhood of 10%? As a devote Christian, I was sure he would be on board with that, well, at least until the real Cruz came creeping out:

Looks like it is already out there: New Ad Targets Ted Cruz For His Tithing Practices - The Atlantic
I have never seen any as concerned about another's "True Christianity" in my life. It's like it has become your personal mission to make sure you point out every Christian doctrine and personally define Cruz' "True Christianity" based on your "True Christian" scorecard. Are you a professional "True Christian" spotter? You seem to spend a lot of your time on it, at least when it comes to Cruz,

Old 02-05-2016, 09:25 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,850,490 times
Those of us in leadership, for years, understand how tithing can be difficult at times in our lives.

I know a young man who was having hard financial trouble. To make sure that he was obedient in paying his tithes, he charged his groceries, using his small paycheck to keep up with his tithing.

When his pastor found out about it, he instructed him to stop paying his tithes until he was on better footing with his job situation and could iron out his finances.

Prosperity doctrine isn't a Biblical principle. We will all suffer need at one time or another and we will, in turn, also reap a harvest. It's life. How we react to it is the test of faith and true Christian character.

I noticed that when Ted was posed the question about it, he admitted he hasn't always done his best in that area, as many of us haven't. Ted doesn't run away and make excuses. That I can respect.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:53 AM

7,598 posts, read 6,099,558 times
Well, I donated exactly ZERO in tithes last year, as for donations, a few dollars here and there when asked. But I am proud of the fact that I do not tithe, nor do I contribute regularly to religious organizations.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Looks like it is already out there: New Ad Targets Ted Cruz For His Tithing Practices - The Atlantic
Hmm. I wonder if your top candidate tithes. Waving his bible around (it's my favoriite!) and proclaiming his status as a devout Christian.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:35 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,611,536 times
Would you advocate Cruz donating $200,000+ dollars to the Clinton Foundation like Trump did?

Old 02-06-2016, 04:40 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Would you advocate Cruz donating $200,000+ dollars to the Clinton Foundation like Trump did?
Trump said he gave the money thinking he was helping the people in Haiti, but Trump found out that the Clinton's jetted around on most of the charity contributuons.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:43 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,611,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump said he gave the money thinking he was helping the people in Haiti, but Trump found out that the Clinton's jetted around on most of the charity contributuons.
Considering that Trump has been a friend of the Clintons for years, I'm sure that he knew what he was doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections