Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 05:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Because they don't support Clinton?
Because not voting for Clinton will mean an automatic win for the GOP.
That's why if Bernie wins the nomination I'll vote for him even though I think he'll be a wretched POTUS.
He'll just be less wretched than Trump, Cruz, or Rubio and I believe he'll make good SCOTUS appointments.

(for the record, I admire and respect Bernie as a person and think he's a great Senator )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 05:38 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
That's why if Bernie wins the nomination I'll vote for him even though I think he'll be a wretched POTUS.
He'll just be less wretched than Trump, Cruz, or Rubio and I believe he'll make good SCOTUS appointments.

(for the record, I admire and respect Bernie as a person and think he's a great Senator )
I'd be more worried about Bloomberg than I would be about Bernie supporters. . .

Clinton is not a popular woman in her own circles, much less others. Bloomberg could really pull a Nader on Clinton.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No there isn't.
I work with some of them. They will. I've heard it from their mouths. Those blindly in love with Trump don't really get how unpopular he is with some of the money people in the GOP. Ok, I'm being too PC. They hate him.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:49 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
I find her condescending towards Sanders supporters. I'll vote 3rd party before Clinton.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post

With Hillary being a wretched person.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:54 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
If Trump doesn't get the GOP nomination and Sanders doesn't get the Democratic nomination, they will be more than a few of their supporters who will just not vote especially if the results of the caucuses and primaries play out like IA with both sides trying to taint the results. It will seem a waste to even bother voting.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I work with some of them. They will. I've heard it from their mouths. Those blindly in love with Trump don't really get how unpopular he is with some of the money people in the GOP. Ok, I'm being too PC. They hate him.
The entire country hates Hillary even though a few will still end up voting for her.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:55 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
I'd be more worried about Bloomberg than I would be about Bernie supporters. . .

Clinton is not a popular woman in her own circles, much less others. Bloomberg could really pull a Nader on Clinton.
Bloomberg's considering only because Sanders, Cruz, and Trump are all so anathema to him. If Clinton wins the nomination and looks strong against Cruz or Trump, then he'll bow out.

Quote:
He is distressed by the rise of Donald Trump and Texas Senator Ted Cruz among Republicans and Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders among Democrats.
The Latest: Bloomberg confirms he might run for president

Old 02-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If Trump doesn't get the GOP nomination and Sanders doesn't get the Democratic nomination, they will be more than a few of their supporters who will just not vote especially if the results of the caucuses and primaries play out like IA with both sides trying to taint the results. It will seem a waste to even bother voting.
There are Trump supporters that may vote for Johnson but not Hillary.

Old 02-08-2016, 06:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
And this is exactly it.

Why on earth is she declaring war on progressive supporters and running this line about Getting Things Done what exactly has she gotten done?

SCOTUS, this point needs to be driven in HARD, and it can be done respectfully. Do Millenials want more Breyers and Ginsburgs or more Scalias Thomas' and Alitos?

I think tolerant Millenials could support a Kasich, he seems to be the only one with any level of college aged support in my area. It's ALL Bernie, then a 4-8% Kasich.

In the older folk area of town you have Carson and Trump. I haven't seen a lot of Clinton personally.
The GOP candidate will have the same issues Romney had. If he moves to the center to attract a younger and more moderate vote, he loses 'da base.' If he is too conservative, he loses millenials and crossover Dems, and maybe some independents, depending who the VP pick is. Palin dragged McCain right out of the race, so they need someone who brings people in.

What are the millenials' issues?

"Climate change, criminal justice reform, and gun control are the top concerns for millennial voters, according to a new poll from USA Today and Rock the Vote...An overwhelming 80% of those surveyed said the United States should transition to mostly clean or renewable energy by 2030. That's a lofty goal, and one that would require the leadership of the next president..."

So you see how a GOP very conservative candidate would probably have to twist himself in pretzels to make millenials and their base happy. I really don't think the millenials would be very turned on by the Keystone Pipeline, e.g. And gun control? Good luck to any GOP candidate with that.

And if it was Bernie/Hillary same ticket vs. the GOP--the GOP loses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections