Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 10:28 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
So, I'm just looking around to see if I can find a report that trump has failed to keep his promise not to curse in SC, and I keep finding great articles like this one.

Of course, examining what ISIS thinks would be good for them isn't important, and shouldn't even be considered in the presidential race, right?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/i...113000409.html
Did you actually read the link you cited? Nobody asked ISIS. The writer of the article is pulling it out of his a**.

"Although the Islamic State has not made its preferences about the candidates known, there’s no doubt that some of the contenders appeal to the group more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 10:54 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
I am tired of this "recruiting tool" argument. Abu Ghraib was supposed to be the big recruiting tool. We were told it made our soldiers less safe. It was closed a decade ago and what we got were more beheadings. BTW, why isn't the killing of Bin Laden a "recruiting tool"?Oh, yeah, Obama did it.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:29 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Interesting that you quote an article that says Obama is the President responsible for creating ISIS.

And of course Hillary Clinton was his Secretary of State when that happened.
oops! good catch.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:33 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yeah, sure, ISIS is using reverse psychology because they are such an advanced group intellectually.

They want a recruitment tool and they've picked the right tool.

Obvious who is being fooled by smoke and mirrors.

Why Donald Trump's proposed ban on Muslims is helping Isis | US elections | News | The Independent

I was held hostage by Isis. They fear our unity more than our airstrikes | Nicolas Hénin | Opinion | The Guardian
Never underestimate the enemy. I firmly believe ISIS is loaded with intelligent people. Their growth and tactics should clearly illustrate that. They may be a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:59 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
If I were a member of ISIS, I'd want a pea-brain like Trump in the Oval Office too.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:49 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
everything in this article is only conjecture and one person's opinion. It also does not take into effect any actions that will be taken by the candidates to circumvent the posed scenarios.
The article discussed each candidate's stand on the topic, and then, yes, conjectured on what ISIS would think of that stand. The candidate's stand on the topic is a pretty good indication of how they would approach dealing with ISIS, so, unless the candidates are lying about what they would do about ISIS, the actions they would take would match their stand, yes? So, it does actually take into effect any actions that will be taken by the candidates.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:54 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Interesting that you quote an article that says Obama is the President responsible for creating ISIS.
I just went back, read the article a couple more times, and even used the 'find' function to see all the instances of 'obama' in the article. There are a couple of links to other articles, and only a statement that Clinton would be likely to continue the Obama administrations policies on ISIS. I couldn't find where is says obama is the president responsible for creating ISIS. Would you mind quoting that text from the article?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections