Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 03:42 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,287,874 times

Advertisements

So much discussion about Hillary and Donald. So many comments on Trump the attention *****. So many comments about the lack of trust towards Hillary.

As I sit back and continue to watch this incredible election process unfold, it appears that the highest % potential choice come election day will be Trump vs Hillary.

I believe if that actually happens, it will be the second most historically significant election since George Washington (even though he was pretty much unopposed). The U.S. has been screaming for change. Obama afforded change being the first president of color, but he still was cut from Washington cloth (politics). Hillary obviously would be the first female president, but she too comes from a strong political background. Trump would be a candidate that could drastically change our government if elected because he is not cut from the same cloth. He's run for office before, but it's come from a business direction. He lobby's in government, but has never sat in a political chair. I believe there have been presidents in the past who didn't have previous political seats (not including military background) before becoming president (I could be wrong) - Zachary Taylor, Ulysses Grant to name a couple. But these are different times, and the ramifications if Trump is elected could be huge.

It would boil down to a woman steeped in political background versus a lobbyist. Trump would challenge the current government more than any other president before this election. If he is elected I believe it could be an historical turning point for the government as we know it today. I can't say what that change would be, but he challenges the political system. He is a powerful person. Either way, the country would get change, but it depends come voting day what change are you willing to vote for. Which candidate could potentially rock my world more, and I believe that would be Trump. Still, both are changes, and significant ones at that. Very historical if it happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 04:22 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Do Trumps [dic]tator political views account for popularity or reality show entertainment making political history? All in all, about as embarrassing for Republicans as a former President / Cad becoming the White House next First Lady is for Democrats. How freakin sad is that....

Old 03-03-2016, 05:56 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times
There is still a chance that Hillary will go down so this is hard to predict. She may have an emerging problem: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...571_story.html

Hillary is a proven liability. Between her pathological lying and ill health, I cannot understand how anyone could vote for her.

Trump vs. Hillary in a "fair" contest should be a slam dunk for Trump.

I see no change but more of the same with Hillary, "Obama by proxy."

I don't know why someone would vote for proven liability and more of the same unless they are simply clueless about what is happening to our country. Perhaps that is where the issue lies, as we know, many prefer to ignore the problem and just pretend all it just rosy choosing the easiest path rarely has good results.

The only "historical" significance of electing Hillary will be Hillary being able to check off "First female POTUS" and I am concerned about the well-being of the country, not Hillary's bucket list!

Old 03-03-2016, 05:59 AM

549 posts, read 625,776 times
It will be the historical moment when the GOP went "full retard."

Old 03-03-2016, 05:59 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
There is still a chance that Hillary will go down so this is hard to predict. She may have an emerging problem: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...571_story.html

Hillary is a proven liability. Between her pathological lying and ill health, I cannot understand how anyone could vote for her.

Trump vs. Hillary in a "fair" contest should be a slam dunk for Trump.

I see no change but more of the same with Hillary, "Obama by proxy."

I don't know why someone would vote for proven liability and more of the same unless they are simply clueless about what is happening to our country. Perhaps that is where the issue lies, as we know, many prefer to ignore the problem and just pretend all it just rosy choosing the easiest path rarely has good results.

The only "historical" significance of electing Hillary will be Hillary being able to check off "First female POTUS" and I am concerned about the well-being of the country, not Hillary's bucket list!
Someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
Articles: Why I Trust Trump

Old 03-03-2016, 07:45 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times
Really want Sanders to win, but thinking if he doesn't have to go with Hillary. Only change would be with Sanders. Trumps proposed Healthcare plans turned me off.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
So much discussion about Hillary and Donald. So many comments on Trump the attention *****. So many comments about the lack of trust towards Hillary.

As I sit back and continue to watch this incredible election process unfold, it appears that the highest % potential choice come election day will be Trump vs Hillary.

I believe if that actually happens, it will be the second most historically significant election since George Washington (even though he was pretty much unopposed). The U.S. has been screaming for change. Obama afforded change being the first president of color, but he still was cut from Washington cloth (politics). Hillary obviously would be the first female president, but she too comes from a strong political background. Trump would be a candidate that could drastically change our government if elected because he is not cut from the same cloth. He's run for office before, but it's come from a business direction. He lobby's in government, but has never sat in a political chair. I believe there have been presidents in the past who didn't have previous political seats (not including military background) before becoming president (I could be wrong) - Zachary Taylor, Ulysses Grant to name a couple. But these are different times, and the ramifications if Trump is elected could be huge.

It would boil down to a woman steeped in political background versus a lobbyist. Trump would challenge the current government more than any other president before this election. If he is elected I believe it could be an historical turning point for the government as we know it today. I can't say what that change would be, but he challenges the political system. He is a powerful person. Either way, the country would get change, but it depends come voting day what change are you willing to vote for. Which candidate could potentially rock my world more, and I believe that would be Trump. Still, both are changes, and significant ones at that. Very historical if it happens.

If Trump is elected (very unlikely) he'll soon find out that congress controls almost every aspect of domestic policies and his influence will be minimal.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:45 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If Trump is elected (very unlikely) he'll soon find out that congress controls almost every aspect of domestic policies and his influence will be minimal.
There's no doubt that Trump will have a very tough uphill battle with congress if elected. However, there is a lot he could do as president. If nothing else, he would be the first anti-establishment president in many decades. That alone makes him the clear choice.

If we are ever going to break the wealthy elite's stranglehold on our country, it's going to happen one step at a time.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

If we are ever going to break the wealthy elite's stranglehold on our country, it's going to happen one step at a time.
I don't think it'll come from electing a billionaire one percenter.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't think it'll come from electing a billionaire one percenter.
That you even have to say this only shows how idiotically out of touch with reality Trump supporters are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections