Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 PM

190 posts, read 219,821 times

Advertisements

1. Bill Clinton - Bill Clinton was in Office from 1992 to 2000. That's enough of the Clinton clan. If Hillary won and finished her Presidency, theoretically, Chelsea could decide to run as well in the next several years. Enough is enough. The Constitution states that a single person can only hold Office for two terms but essentially the Clinton's would be undermining this if Hillary was elected.

Furthermore, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bill Clinton will most definitely be a "second President" if Hillary is elected, having say on a number of decisions, policies, and actions that Hillary would consider. It's not like she just woke up one day and decided to run for President - she's been planning this for years. During her husband's administration, she was often criticized for being too "involved" in political matters, and this was a purposeful act on her part.

2. She's insincere - When I watched the Democratic debates, Hillary seems very insincere in every thing she states - it's almost like she'll say anything just to get elected. She's also callous, rude, and quick to point out an opponents' weak points. Yes, it's politics, but I find Obama to be a much more respectable person and much better suited to represent this country.

3. Manipulation of minority groups - Some may or may not agree with me on this one, but the reason the Clinton's are often favored by poor black and Latino voters is because they have a record of supporting legislation which continues to hold these individuals unaccoutable. Rather than look for solutions that can correct such behaviors, the Clintons seek out these individuals as "easy votes". I mean, already Bill Clinton has visited four black churches in South LA.

I really think Obama is a better alternative and personally cringe at the thought of Hillary becoming elected.

What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
I agree with everything you said. The Clintons represent the worst of the Democratic party. Manipulating minority groups and women to achieve their political ambitions.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:03 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
The Clintons still have tremendous popularity in the Democratic party because Bill is the only Dem since FDR to serve two full terms. But I wonder if he's wearing out his welcome with the way he was gutterpunching a couple of weeks ago. He's seems to be back on the leash now, though.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,006 times
I know people who loved having Bill Clinton as president who have moved on. To them, that was then and this is now. The love affair is over.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
It isn't over with me. I prefer Obama, but if Hilliary's the nominee she's got my vote, primarily because of Bill. He was a great president.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,815,877 times
Let's see -- she is on an ad telling NY how jobs are coming... are these the same 200,000 she promised in 2000 when running for senator? She is on ads promising to care for all -- whose taxes will pay for that ( read: middle class).; She is the epitome of rudeness and arrogance -- just what we need to have meeting foreign heads of state. Nanny state? Loss of rights? -- elect Hillary.

Tomorrow, I vote against the woman in our primary.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,947 times
Bill Clinton was an awful president for one. Hillbilly would be worse for two. Finally I said many times and I'll say it again, when are people going to wake up and realize that this country has been run into the ground by two families for almost 30 years (Bushes & Clintons). There's no entitlement to the presidency folks. Remember that.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity & beyond View Post
1. Bill Clinton - Bill Clinton was in Office from 1992 to 2000. That's enough of the Clinton clan. If Hillary won and finished her Presidency, theoretically, Chelsea could decide to run as well in the next several years. Enough is enough. The Constitution states that a single person can only hold Office for two terms but essentially the Clinton's would be undermining this if Hillary was elected.

Furthermore, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bill Clinton will most definitely be a "second President" if Hillary is elected, having say on a number of decisions, policies, and actions that Hillary would consider. It's not like she just woke up one day and decided to run for President - she's been planning this for years. During her husband's administration, she was often criticized for being too "involved" in political matters, and this was a purposeful act on her part.

2. She's insincere - When I watched the Democratic debates, Hillary seems very insincere in every thing she states - it's almost like she'll say anything just to get elected. She's also callous, rude, and quick to point out an opponents' weak points. Yes, it's politics, but I find Obama to be a much more respectable person and much better suited to represent this country.

3. Manipulation of minority groups - Some may or may not agree with me on this one, but the reason the Clinton's are often favored by poor black and Latino voters is because they have a record of supporting legislation which continues to hold these individuals unaccoutable. Rather than look for solutions that can correct such behaviors, the Clintons seek out these individuals as "easy votes". I mean, already Bill Clinton has visited four black churches in South LA.

I really think Obama is a better alternative and personally cringe at the thought of Hillary becoming elected.

What do you guys think?
Hillary isn't qualified to run this country. She's a joke. Her and Obama are like tweedle dee and tweedle dumb.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:13 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
As the Democrats experienced great anguish and angst during the last two elections, now the Republicans will be on the other side. The sad part is that we are one people torn apart by ideas that rarely affect our daily lives. For example, if a Christian Republican saw a hungry illegal immigrant, his Christian ways would probrably make him each out and feed the man, woman or child, one to one. If a Democratic businessman discovered he was hiring an illegal, he would probably have to stay within the law to keep his business safe. Perhaps the middle ground is not perfect, but it is what democracy demands.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
IMO, Obama is running too soon. He should have waited until he got more experience, especially some prime Senate committee appointments and, ideally, experience as a VP. This country has too many problems at present to take a chance on an unseasoned politician. Yes, POLITICIAN. They're ALL politicians, with varying degrees of experience. I'm not electing a guru, spiritual leader, or motivational speaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections