Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 10:44 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times

Advertisements

She's a liar and will say/do anything to get elected. I don't think she'll be an awful president but I'm sure not going to get off my a$$ to vote for her, unless the election is close against Cruz (the one man most likely to bring the apocalypse).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 10:45 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I am not American, so I can't vote anyway. But I would not vote for her even if I could. When I hear her speak she seems somehow fake to me, just words that are aimed at making simple minds fall for her.
Nor does she seem overly competent, there is something Merkel about her, which is not a compliment at all.
She is old, but there is nothing wise about her at all.

Then again, nobody is less competent than Trump

Voting in the US must really be torture, there are hardly any good candidates, and the few acceptable ones will never be elected because the masses don't like humble reasonable candidates. So you have all those conservatives trying to out-radicalize each other in order to to appeal to the masses of unreasonable voters.
It is better on the Democratic side, so I would have to go for them even if I did not like their candidates, either.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:51 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,095 times
I think the choice (and there is a stark one) will be very difficult. Either continue with the status quo of economic repression that is perpetrated by Republican and Democratic Establishments and particularly the Clintons and Bushes or roll the dice with Trump who can be characterized by extreme demagoguery (his resistance to instanteously reject the KKK was breathtaking).

This election more than anyone in 80 years will demonstrate how angry the electorate is with the current Established regime that insists on piling wealth on to itself using government as the vehicle for wealth distribution to the top.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:59 AM

What are voters angry about? I am not so sure there is much reason to be angry, nor that the existing problems are due to or can be solved by any president.
I think many people behave like on a concert, they go with the flow without thinking much. They let themselves get carried away by a wave of, in this case, pessimism without there being reasons for it.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:02 AM

3,336 posts, read 2,140,399 times
It would be a disheartening predicament deciding whether or not to hold my nose and vote for Clinton if Cruz or Rubio get the nomination. Unfortunately for me, if it came down to the above choices it may be necessary to vote for a lying chameleon over a western-style Imam or a quivering sock puppet.

Reasonable candidates have essentially gone the way of the dinosaur, and the few who occasionally get within arms-length of consideration simply fail to gain any traction with a general public that has become collectively radicalized and lemming-like.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What are voters angry about? I am not so sure there is much reason to be angry, nor that the existing problems are due to or can be solved by any president.
I think many people behave like on a concert, they go with the flow without thinking much. They let themselves get carried away by a wave of, in this case, pessimism without there being reasons for it.
If you are not angry then you are not feeling the persistent financial repression that millions feel. Much more than 50% of the population but it doesn't show up directly in the polls because people fear Trump a bit more than they fear years more of economic hardship. Trump and Sanders are tapping into a growing wave of anger at the over-class, politicos, and the financial repression they persistently represent

Old 03-01-2016, 11:41 AM

With Clinton they would probably get more of what they got under Obama.
But do they really think they would do any better under Trump? I think they would do even worse, frankly. Why? Because when I look at the world and look for countries that are doing well, they are not at all the unregulated jungle economies where everyone is left to their own devices, to the contrary.
At "best" Trump would get the US involved in more wars, which in the short run bring about growth. But it is unhealthy growth and most people are tired of wars. Without them, growth is gradually approaching zero, I read an interesting study on that a couple of days ago. It is the same fate in all industrialized countries. We should consider ways to bring about a fair society without poverty - with hardly any or even negative economic growth. That will be the challenge of the future.
Whoever becomes president or prime minister of a country today, should focus on improving the GINI index as much as possible.

Old 03-01-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
With Clinton they would probably get more of what they got under Obama.
But do they really think they would do any better under Trump? I think they would do even worse, frankly. Why? Because when I look at the world and look for countries that are doing well, they are not at all the unregulated jungle economies where everyone is left to their own devices, to the contrary.
At "best" Trump would get the US involved in more wars, which in the short run bring about growth. But it is unhealthy growth and most people are tired of wars. Without them, growth is gradually approaching zero, I read an interesting study on that a couple of days ago. It is the same fate in all industrialized countries. We should consider ways to bring about a fair society without poverty - with hardly any or even negative economic growth. That will be the challenge of the future.
Whoever becomes president or prime minister of a country today, should focus on improving the GINI index as much as possible.
The choice is between more of the same or rolling the dice. Think in terms of what a person who feels like a slave might do?

Old 03-01-2016, 01:47 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I came across this article that pretty much sums up the reasons: The Top 8 Reasons Why Hillary Clinton Is a Weaker Candidate Than People Think | Human Events and she is even weaker years later.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:48 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
I just can't fathom the thought of a woman running our country who let an intern bang her husband and stood by him and now has him campaigning for her. It shows she's weak!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections