Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2016, 10:58 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I wonder why no one would vote for Jill Stein when she has similar ideas to Bernie?
I vote for Jill, but feel Sanders had more experience Federally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 10:58 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Really? Look at NC for example. Take a hard look at Appalachia. It went clearly for Sanders, not Clinton. Is Appalachia a liberal stronghold in America? Or is the FDR message Sanders brings to the table in fact as mainstream as apple pie? After all, there is a reason why FDR was re-elected so many times. The people love social democracy. Polls after polls show it. Appalachia voters and voters of similar ilk CAN definitely go to Trump. People must wake up and not buy into the corporate media propaganda about social democracy being a far left idea.
He did best in Watuga and Buncombe, these are fairly liberal areas in Appalachia, especially Asheville. Regardless, fact of the matter is Bernie's supporters are drawn to him based on his views, and based on his ideology. Trump spews hate, bigotry and xenophobia, basically everything Bernie stands against. The idea these voters go hand and hand is absurd.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:59 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
I wonder why no one would vote for Jill Stein when she has similar ideas to Bernie?
Ralph Nader/ Al Gore- Dubya... THE END

Old 03-15-2016, 11:01 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
He did best in Watuga and Buncombe, these are fairly liberal areas in Appalachia, especially Asheville. Regardless, fact of the matter is Bernie's supporters are drawn to him based on his views, and based on his ideology. Trump spews hate, bigotry and xenophobia, basically everything Bernie stands against. The idea these voters go hand and hand is absurd.
Its not. The fact that he does so well in Appalachia shows this clearly. Among union workers, polls have been made in the rust-belt. Trade, jobs and having a straight shooter in office is top of the list among these people, and whether we like it or not, Trump and Sanders fit their bill. Thats why we see Sanders winning over Clinton in all counties of Appalachia. Not because they are die-hard far left wingers (whatever that means).

Old 03-15-2016, 11:03 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Quote:
Appalachian Bernie voter, can confirm. I will not vote for Trump. I won't vote for Clinton either. Not sure if I'll wind up voting for president, though I will vote in my locals. Maybe I'll write myself in.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:05 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Expect Sanders to do well in the rest of Appalachia as well. The idea that this is a liberal stronghold is absurdity. And yes, Trump will do very well in Appalachia too.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:09 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,824 times
Quote:
Ralph Nader/ Al Gore- Dubya... THE END
EXACTLY! I've mentioned that several times. How did all those 'symbolic' votes for Nader work out? It certainly wasn't the only one, but it was a major factor in W 'winning' in 2000. Nuff said.

Meanwhile, though it's essentially a tie in terms of delegates, MO has been called for Hilary, so it's technically aclean sweep for all 5 states. Seems like a good time to call it a night, so good night...

Missouri Primary Election Results 2016 - The New York Times

Old 03-15-2016, 11:12 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Well let's hope Warren runs independent and has Sander as her VP. They'll have enough money from Sanders race to front a strong campaign. This way Sanders name can be on state ballots as a VP.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:14 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
The idea that Trump will have more than a very small amount of pull with Sanders supporters is absolutely insane. Trump basically represents everything Sanders campaign has fought against.
I didn't say he would-but guaranteed he will adopt a very different message in the general, moving more toward the Center, and it would make sense for him to try to attract Sanders supporters if he truly wants to beat Hillary. Would anyone believe him? Eh, doubtful.

Quote:
I voted for her in 2012, and will probably do the same this year.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 03-15-2016 at 11:22 PM..

Old 03-15-2016, 11:15 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Well let's hope Warren runs independent and has Sander as her VP. They'll have enough money from Sanders race to front a strong campaign. This way Sanders name can be on state ballots as a VP.
You're either thoroughly delusional are trying to make an humorless joke. Warren won't run against Clinton, and some have suggested there's a chance she might be her running mate. That seems unlikely to me, but right now we're just speculating.

But Warren run independently? Not gonna happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections