Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 09:46 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

These open, even televised attempts to physically assault Donald Trump and his campaign in an effort to intimidate him and his supporters into conforming speech or silence, just confirm what a bunch of violently intolerant thugs these people are. I want to see Trump lose the Republican primary, but if he were to lose it this way, that would be worse for our country than if he had won.

And let's be clear, this is all about the Democrat left's political correctness agenda and Donald Trump's failure to submit and comply. These increasingly violent protests are an effort to impose that submission on him. Apparently this is what it means to be "liberal" to a great many on the Democrat left these days.

In the 1960's, being a liberal was all about freedom of speech and individual expression, etc.. Today it is about rigid conformity with a tightly defined speech code, with the consequences of substantial deviation being in many cases gang efforts to "shame" you into submission, or even get you fired from your job and to ruin your life. This sort of conduct is almost starting to feel like the beginning of some sort of 'great purge', which to me brings to mind the 'great purge' in the Soviet Union back in the 1930's.

In fact, the leftist ideology on free speech has literally done a full 180 over the last 50 years. If you stop and think about it, this is truly astonishing. And a great many people associated with the left have just followed along through this reversal in lockstep, without a second thought on this subject, or I suspect in most cases, without even a first.

This is all very sad and very bad, not only for our country, but the world. If free speech is not promoted and defended here, where will it be? The answer is nowhere. And apparently most current day Democrats are perfectly fine with that and are even willing to work proactively, sometimes even violently, to end our right to free speech, religion and assembly here in this country. This is very bad. In fact, this is the number one threat that our country faces right now, even more menacing that terrorism, and it comes from within, which makes it even more insidious.

We really need for you folks to snap out of this mindset here. And while I am again no Donald Trump fan, the place to start is to stand aggressively against these political correctness bullies and thugs - not just at Trump rallies, but at college campuses and elsewhere across our country - who are apparently acting on behalf of the political correctness movement championed by the Democrat left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 09:48 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
You just want political coreectness for white people only. Not gonna happen. The Country doesn't just belong to you.

If you don't like insults and violence, don't promote it then, it's really that simple.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
You just want political coreectness for white people only. Not gonna happen. The Country doesn't just belong to you.

If you don't like insults and violence, don't promote it then, it's really that simple.
I don't want a mandatory thought or speech code for anyone. And the attempt to invoke 'the race card' here when nothing like that was either mentioned in my post above or even considered by me clearly demonstrates your own racial obsessions and biases, and nothing else.

In fact, there is only one race, the human race.

In fact, there is only one skin color, which is brown, with some people have higher concentrations of melanin (including 'black' people) while others have much lower concentrations (including 'white' people).

In fact, the people supporting the Democrat's political correctness agenda have skin pigmentation levels that span the entire spectrum of different shades of brown, as also do supporters of Donald Trump. Neither of which group do I personally identify with.

So despite your personal effort to make this about 'race', it isn't. It is about our critical personal and political rights, including freedom of speech, religion, the press and assembly, and the efforts of the Democrat left to thuggishly bully their political opponents into submission to their 'politically correct' speech codes and agenda.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 03-13-2016 at 10:59 AM..

Old 03-13-2016, 10:52 AM

549 posts, read 625,718 times
Trump supporters = sucker-punching black protesters who were not using physical violence.

Trump = tells his supporters to punch political opponents in the face.

The only reason Trumptards are whining and screeching is that the protesters are punching back.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:12 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,554,212 times
Trump can encourage and threaten physical violence to discourage detractors and it's just free speech, people protest Trump and suddenly Trump is a victim?

Old 03-13-2016, 11:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
These open, even televised attempts to physically assault Donald Trump and his campaign in an effort to intimidate him and his supporters into conforming speech or silence, just confirm what a bunch of violently intolerant thugs these people are. I want to see Trump lose the Republican primary, but if he were to lose it this way, that would be worse for our country than if he had won.

And let's be clear, this is all about the Democrat left's political correctness agenda and Donald Trump's failure to submit and comply. These increasingly violent protests are an effort to impose that submission on him. Apparently this is what it means to be "liberal" to a great many on the Democrat left these days.

In the 1960's, being a liberal was all about freedom of speech and individual expression, etc.. Today it is about rigid conformity with a tightly defined speech code, with the consequences of substantial deviation being in many cases gang efforts to "shame" you into submission, or even get you fired from your job and to ruin your life. This sort of conduct is almost starting to feel like the beginning of some sort of 'great purge', which to me brings to mind the 'great purge' in the Soviet Union back in the 1930's.

In fact, the leftist ideology on free speech has literally done a full 180 over the last 50 years. If you stop and think about it, this is truly astonishing. And a great many people associated with the left have just followed along through this reversal in lockstep, without a second thought on this subject, or I suspect in most cases, without even a first.

This is all very sad and very bad, not only for our country, but the world. If free speech is not promoted and defended here, where will it be? The answer is nowhere. And apparently most current day Democrats are perfectly fine with that and are even willing to work proactively, sometimes even violently, to end our right to free speech, religion and assembly here in this country. This is very bad. In fact, this is the number one threat that our country faces right now, even more menacing that terrorism, and it comes from within, which makes it even more insidious.

We really need for you folks to snap out of this mindset here. And while I am again no Donald Trump fan, the place to start is to stand aggressively against these political correctness bullies and thugs - not just at Trump rallies, but at college campuses and elsewhere across our country - who are apparently acting on behalf of the political correctness movement championed by the Democrat left.
Why are you so quick to label an entire group based on the actions of a few while conveniently overlooking the Republicans' greater, more organized effort to derail Donny?

Old 03-13-2016, 11:22 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
I knew this was going to eventually happen.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Trump can encourage and threaten physical violence to discourage detractors and it's just free speech, people protest Trump and suddenly Trump is a victim?
This was a private gathering. They could have reasonably been considered 'protesters' if they had done their 'protesting' outside and in a non-violent way. Nobody tried to interfere with the actual protests that were outside.

If these criminals had not been violating the terms and conditions of their tickets, which are effectively contracts which prohibit the kind of disruptive conduct they were exhibiting, and also disturbing the peace, there would have been no basis for any sort of conflict between Trump supporters and these thugs and bullies of the Democrat left.

But I think you already know all of this.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:30 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

I can't think of any other post I've encountered here which better illustrates both the hypocrisy and the dangers inherent in the Leftist fad known as Political Correctness.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I can't think of any other post I've encountered here which better illustrates both the hypocrisy and the dangers inherent in the Leftist fad known as Political Correctness.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections