Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 05:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,602,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The ad would be a big hit with men, but after a while, I think normal women would start to say, "wait, is he trying to say she is a dog?" Women absolutely hate that comparison for some reason . . . . it's up there with their inexplicable aversion to the c-word. Furthermore, a lot of people would not realize that Hillary was actually making the barking sound - many would assume Mr. Trump's campaign added that. Combined with Mr. Trump's well-known misogyny, this type of ad might backfire with women. I dunno. Whatevs.

Believe me, Hillary's Super PAC and her campaign can play that game, too. Mr. Trump is a soundbite machine . . . I'm sure they can make some abhorrent ads.

Mick
I can't tell you how many women on social media today have said this commercial seals the deal. They were leaning away from Trump after the chaos in Chicago and now ~ they are gone. As a voting bloc, women despise Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 05:53 PM

3,889 posts, read 1,822,523 times
What kind of ad is that? Not even remotely entertaining.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:05 PM

2,960 posts, read 2,910,185 times
The path to votes is through humor. This guy is like the "Beautiful Mind" of playing politics. I almost feel not worthy to be in the presents of this commercial. So beyond its time one must wonder if not sent back from time

Old 03-16-2016, 06:14 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,314,857 times
Trump's usual playlist will not work in the general the way they've played in the primaries. I think it turns off women big time.

Spewing insults and lies about his opponents is getting old. People are tired of the vitriol and it is disrespectful to the electorate. If he doesn't come up with some actual policies and reasons to vote for him, he's toast. Stupid tweets (and geez--do they sound stupid today) are not going to win over the average voter.

Now he's in a bit of a pickle. The majority of the country is turned off by what turns his 'base' on. If he tries to play to middle, his followers won't like it and will feel betrayed. If he continues down the low road he's taken with insults, xenophia and empty promises, the majority of the country is turned off.

Today, when asked who he consults regarding policy, he said "myself." I consult myself. Well it's nice he has so much confidence in himself, but the rest of the country knows he has zero foreign experience, and he can talk to himself all he wants, but it does not reassure others he knows anything about real issues. I thought it was very interesting that he refused to debate, claiming he had a previous engagement to speak to a lobbying group. A lobbying group? Doesn't sound like an outsider to me.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:40 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,718,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The ad would be a big hit with men, but after a while, I think normal women would start to say, "wait, is he trying to say she is a dog?" Women absolutely hate that comparison for some reason . . . . it's up there with their inexplicable aversion to the c-word. Furthermore, a lot of people would not realize that Hillary was actually making the barking sound - many would assume Mr. Trump's campaign added that. Combined with Mr. Trump's well-known misogyny, this type of ad might backfire with women. I dunno. Whatevs.

Believe me, Hillary's Super PAC and her campaign can play that game, too. Mr. Trump is a soundbite machine . . . I'm sure they can make some abhorrent ads.

Mick
That's been done already it seems to work in his favor. Likely because the reason to support Trump is more important than anything he could say.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:50 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,914,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Keeps Donny from having to come up with any substantive plan(s) of his own, eh?
If he doesn't have a plan, then that spells trouble for Hillary. Where is she going to copy her speeches from if not from "Donny"? That's what she's been doing up to date with Bernie, all she says anymore is just a pure copy of what Bernie says.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I can't tell you how many women on social media today have said this commercial seals the deal. They were leaning away from Trump after the chaos in Chicago and now ~ they are gone. As a voting bloc, women despise Trump.
Let me guess, the forum you were on in which you made this discovery was the rich, old, white Democratic Party group, correct?

Old 03-16-2016, 06:56 PM

I think the point of the video was that Hillary was sounding like an idiot. Instead of talking about issues, she's up there barking like a dog. She was the one who decided to do that, not Trump.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:58 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,060,082 times
I can't wait for the ad that says something along the lines of:

"How can you expect her to take care of her country when she couldn't even take care of her husband?"

It's a good point.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:02 PM

1,246 posts, read 1,308,676 times
I Absolutely Loved it ! Putting Hillarys poor excuse of a joke right back at her- and in fact- Far more reaching. ( her little stunt of barking like a little dog aimed at republicans... )

This woman, who left a compound under attack for 13 hours, while there was help 2 hours away, and did nothing- leaving 4 people dead, only to come back and lie to the families ( though had admited in emails to the UN and her daughter what happened), And continued the cover up so she could continue her lie of "diplomacy " in Libya but was actually a SHAM.....
Neither she and for sure not Obama are respected as representing a world power.

Putin already has respect for Trump and thinks well of him. Wouldn't that be nice to restore respectful relations between us and Russia again...
Ad was Perfectly done- and Check mate !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections