Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Listen, until the SCOTUS speaks on a matter, all the lower court rulings mean nothing, really. Have you noticed that lower court rulings are entirely predictable by comparing the number of Republican appointees versus the number of Democratic appointees. Very stupid.

For example, the two ACA cases were getting crushed in the lower Federal courts, but we all know that the administration prevailed at the SCOTUS because Justice Roberts is so brilliant and fair.

Finally, President has an army of lawyers in the administration who conduct research and write memos and briefs on any legal issue presented. You seem to think that Obama is making these legal decisions on his own. He would entrust his attorneys, though I am sure he has input and thoughts. And most of these lawyers are exceptionally smart.

Mick
Quote:
Hmmmm, I wonder how many liberal, I mean, regular, law professors think that Obama is operating within the confines of the Constitution? I bet there are more on Obama's side. . .

Mick

Being "smart", playing the clever/tricky game, liberal or conservative nonsense, doesn't make it right. It has become obvious to many it's all about THEIR agendas, not what's best for you, me, or the country. That's should be the takeaway here.

The current system is set up to retain/obtain power, divide, us vs them. Reading these forums, it appears to me it's working REALLY well. Scary well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 11:59 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Hmmmm, I wonder how many liberal, I mean, regular, law professors think that Obama is operating within the confines of the Constitution? I bet there are more on Obama's side. . .

Mick
The constitution was written by white men which I assume you are one of. There were no minorities involved because they were considered inferior. And yet you and many wonder why some question the constitution.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:04 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Trump will certainly win because everybody else will be having a nervous breakdown. Too bad they didn't get the memo to read the book, THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING. Trump not only read it, he is using the rules in the book to win an election. It pays to read.
Country Girl NCN : A thumbs up to you - It does work!

A key component is : Belief in thyself

This is what I like about Trump over all other candidates. It shines through very brightly.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
And on the other side, obama tries to see god in other people:

"But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people, and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do, that's what I pray to do every day." OBAMA

Some believe in this stuff, some don't. Not our place to judge in my view.
I think it's "some believe in this stuff, some pretend to believe in this stuff and the rest are comfortable with knowing the truth"...

Old 03-19-2016, 05:17 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Sadly, I think the sign Carson got was the $$$$ sign.
That is the best one

Old 03-19-2016, 11:49 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

And, there is no proof of that. If you aren't Trump and you aren't Carson, your statement needs a link and not the stupid one someone used earlier that was debunked by reading more than a headline!

Gosh, they say that Trump supporters are "uneducated", then what the heck is the problem with the anti-Trumps. I have a few thoughts, but those that support Trump, the only ones worth the effort, already know the problem.
Dr. Ben Carson Just Announced What Job He'd Have In Trump's White House!

Old 03-19-2016, 12:37 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiehuff View Post
Lol. I think the repubs are going to commit mass suicide come this Nov. Even the white wing pundits think Clinton will be the next prez. Trump has no chance
They already committed mass suicide. November will just be the formal death notice.

After 2012, even their own analysts told them what they had to do, but they've stubbornly refused to face the reality that their base and the tenets that base supports put them on the short side of the demographics of a rapidly changing America. The Republicans have preached and practiced obstructionist "my way or the highway" politics for 20 plus years on the national level, ever since the 1990s when the Democrats under Bill Clinton staked out the center of the political spectrum as their sovereign territory. The Republican Right Wing's demands for ideological purity have grown even more strident over the years of the Obama administration, and especially after 2012. Instead of moving towards the center of the political spectrum, the Pubbies filled a klown kar full of RW nuts, narcissists, and ideologues, most political neophytes, that competed with each other to "prove" who was a more extreme RW nutjob than the RW nutjob next to him/her.

The Pubbies are doomed in 2016. Trump can't win the general election but he's likely to be the nominee. If Cruz somehow blocks him on the first ballot, the RNC will be a donnybrook, and if the Pubbies pick another standard bearer, Trump will launch a third party run ... or sue the Republican National Committee or whomever he can identify as his "enemy". The Trumplets won't vote for any Republican candidate who's not named Trump.

Trump as the Republican standard bearer reflects poorly on all other Republicans running for office in 2016. Either they embrace Trump or they repudiate the national Republican candidate. It's a "damned if they do and damned if they don't" situation ... and there's 24 Republican senators running for re-election. So, yeah, McConnell, don't even consider Barak Obama's nominee to the SCOTUS before the election so that Hillary Clinton can nominate somebody even more liberal ... and the Democratic Senate can confirm him/her in short order.

The Republican establishment's dangerous 40-year-old game of pandering to the RW nutjobs in order to win elections seems likely to finally bite them in their collective asses. If the Republicans lose control of Congress, especially if they lose both houses, it might permanently fracture the party.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:30 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Did you see Stephen Colbert's resonse to this comment? Funny. He said something like, "What can go wrong in 4 years. I mean, WWII just flew by!" A few years ago, a neighbor in FL invited me to dinner at her home and, while I was enjoying the seared scallops, she began telling me that God sent Hitler to kill millions of Jews because they didn't accept Christ. (I'm Jewish, by the way)
Subtlety wasn't her forte, was it?

Old 03-19-2016, 02:53 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
NO. ONLY FOOL HEATHENS WILL GO BY THE WAYSIDE.

Which side will you choose?
. :mad

What a delusional post.
Believe in talking snakes do we?

Old 03-19-2016, 06:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:

Mick
Actually, Turley has always been very progressive and fought for liberal causes. However, money often talks louder than ideologies and, as Speaker, John Boehner hired Turley to testify on behalf of the Republicans. He was also hired to sue President Obama over the Affordable Health Care act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections