Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 04:35 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,711,937 times

Advertisements

Not that there is anything wrong with buying endorsements, right? Kinda like how trump bought politicians in the past...

Carson: I Didn't Really Want To Endorse Trump, But He Offered Me Position
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 04:59 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,667,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Not that there is anything wrong with buying endorsements, right? Kinda like how trump bought politicians in the past...

Hey, I know - why doesn't Trump just buy votes in key states? Nothing wrong with that, right?

Old 03-18-2016, 05:12 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,590,738 times
Trump is a businessman; he makes deals that are advantageous to him. If necessary he will make offers in return for support. How is this a surprise to anyone? Sheesh, I feel like a Geico commercial here.

He is not winning because of Republican Business-as-usual politics.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:19 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,138,764 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Trump is a businessman; he makes deals that are advantageous to him. If necessary he will make offers in return for support. How is this a surprise to anyone?

Except that there is a law that forbids this kind of quid pro quo endorsement-for-position.

Law? Pfffft.

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 05:23 AM

26,024 posts, read 22,214,018 times
Quote:

You need to go back and read your own link. It did not say what you what you are saying. I have said before that you need to read more than the headlines before posting.

No where in this article does it say that Carson was bought or that he would not have endorsed Trump unless he was offered a position.

Carson actually has the intelligence to weigh in on the best candidate to endorse for the most "punch". Anyone with 1/2 a brain would know that was Trump!

I am surprised there is such envy coming from the anti-Trumps over Carson's endorsement. There was zero chance he would endorse your candidate.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,948,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Trump is a businessman; he makes deals that are advantageous to him. If necessary he will make offers in return for support. How is this a surprise to anyone? Sheesh, I feel like a Geico commercial here.

sorry, there is a difference between what one does as a businessman and as a presidential candidate. No I guess we shouldn't be surprised and I give Carson credit for admitting this. We haven't seen Christie say he was offered anything. Maybe he wasn't, I doubt that though. I think a little less of Carson for letting himself be bought, yet admire his honesty.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:31 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,711,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You need to go back and read your own link. It did not say what you what you are saying. I have said before that you need to read more than the headlines before posting.
So sorry, but I did read the article, and before you suggest that I have no reading comprehension yet again, here is what he said...

from the article:
He continued: “Is there another scenario that I would have preferred? Yes. But that scenario isn’t available.”
Malzberg asked if he was referring to a scenario that involved another candidate, to which Carson answered, “Yeah.”
Later in the interview, Carson implied Trump had promised him a role in his administration.

Actually, the other scenario is available, but it would have meant sticking to his ethics, and supporting a possible losing candidate. Oh, and not getting the implied promise of a job in that person's administration. Carson loses all credibility for his endorsement with that little gem.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:31 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,138,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

No where in this article does it say that Carson was bought or that he would not have endorsed Trump unless he was offered a position.

Carson actually has the intelligence to weigh in on the best candidate to endorse for the most "punch". Anyone with 1/2 a brain would know that was Trump!

I am surprised there is such envy coming from the anti-Trumps over Carson's endorsement. There was zero chance he would endorse your candidate.
The article says that Dr. Carson wanted to endorse someone else, but that person had no path. Mr. Trump is thus #2 or less in Carson's book.

Second, he makes it clear that when Mr. Trump and Carson spoke about an endorsement, a position with the administration was expressly discussed and he was offered a position of some sort. If true, it could be illegal.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections