Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:52 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Was that before or after he met the hoard of illegals from Central America with teddy bears and water? Is this the same guy who wants to increase HB-1 visas?

Lyin' Ted strikes again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVXXVbv_Q1o
Like others, you don't understand the process of killing a bill. On the H1-B visas, during the Gang of 8 discussion, Cruz specified an increase in skilled quest workers (the H1-B thing people keep lying about). Not because Cruz wanted more H1-B workers, but to show that the Democrats were lying about wanting workers at all. They didn't want workers, they wanted more Democrat voters, period. His amendment offered concerning the H1-B worked superbly, because they voted it down, as he knew that they would.

Now you can see why the Senate doesn't like him. He holds their feet to the fire and puts them in the spotlight of NOT keeping their promises to their constituents and many times putting up show votes, pretending they are keeping their promises. Who wants to be made a fool, and a fool Ted Cruz has made of them.

Today, the Republican Establishment sees that a Conservative can win and are coming on board with the Cruz campaign - Lindsey Graham, etc. They see that the American people are voting for him because many know what he has done - kept his promises.

Ted went to the border because the children were in need of care and he wanted to view what was going on first hand. Some of the children had been abused along the way to the border. They do need healing of the mind and heart and those that dragged them into their political mess need to be held accountable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 11:54 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times
Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

What a touching, nice video.

I loved how Mr. Trump said that he would watch out after her son (especially since she is dying.....)

I also loved how he sent her a hand written letter years ago, to give her strength during her illness. This was before he became a candidate.

Thank you, WK

Old 03-30-2016, 12:14 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Regardless of who each party nominates and who wins, he/ she will face a majority Congress opposed to them and their agenda.
This is why I prefer Clinton, Kasich, or Sanders. They can all work with other people, even those who don't agree with them. Cruz doesn't get along with anyone. I don't think Trump would be any better than Cruz. The other three are professional politicians and they are familiar with the give/get of crafting legislation.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

I contrast his style of self aggrandizement with that of the current crop in Washington. They are ALL out for only one thing: Themselves. But surely, Donald's style would bring a new element of entertainment to the goings on in Washington. Maybe something would actually get done on behalf of the people. Maybe.

Maybe he could turn the presidency into a reality show? Make some real bucks while he's doing it? Have the audience vote at the end of the segment? Or maybe he could turn the search for Cabinet Secretaries into "The Apprentice" where he fires one every week?

Old 03-30-2016, 12:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
These threads crack me up. Every day, someone else comes on and announces to the world that they "just can't vote for Trump" anymore.

That's like those types of threads you see elsewhere that announce to the world that they are "leaving" the forum or whatever other drama they want to tell everyone thinking that we care.

Who CARES if you don't want to vote for Trump. I don't believe you were going to vote for him anyway. This is just another bs anti Trump circle jerk.
Lemme guess, Trump supporter right? What is wrong about people second guessing their Trump support vocally? They are saying what others are thinking. You just don't like it because that is one more vote The Donald would have to find otherwise...

Old 03-30-2016, 12:24 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,339,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post

What I can say though is that 95% of what I saw of Donald reeked of arrogance and unabashed narcissism.

The look on the audience members face who asked him the question "When was the last time you made a mistake and what did you learn from it" was priceless. I think he lost that guys vote for sure. His answer did not remotely come close to an actual answer.

Contrast this to when Ted Cruz was speaking to the man who lost his son in a VA hospital to overdose.
Not to be rude but you just recognized this NOW? Yes, he's a self absorbed, megalomaniacal, narcissistic fraud. He is also clueless on every issue, especially foreign policy. He can't even figure out if he is for or against government run healthcare and education. He contradicted himself twice within a minute last night when Cooper pressed him on it. He's a pathetic joke and a disgrace to this country.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
These threads crack me up. Every day, someone else comes on and announces to the world that they "just can't vote for Trump" anymore.

That's like those types of threads you see elsewhere that announce to the world that they are "leaving" the forum or whatever other drama they want to tell everyone thinking that we care.

Who CARES if you don't want to vote for Trump. I don't believe you were going to vote for him anyway. This is just another bs anti Trump circle jerk.
The irony in this post is off the page.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveCoffee View Post
Anderson questioned him last night about the Heidi Cruz photo he tweeted.....Trump said "there was nothing wrong with it, it was a lovely photo".

CR*P like that drives me crazy!!!!!
Lyin' Don. He judges beauty and yet he can't tell that's a bad photo? What a joke.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:35 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This is why I prefer Clinton, Kasich, or Sanders. They can all work with other people, even those who don't agree with them. Cruz doesn't get along with anyone. I don't think Trump would be any better than Cruz. The other three are professional politicians and they are familiar with the give/get of crafting legislation.
They are also familiar with taking money from special interest groups and lobbyists so we can import more foreign workers and keep pharmaceutical costs high. Hope you're not one of those who will soon be training your job replacement as open immigration commences.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:37 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Lemme guess, Trump supporter right? What is wrong about people second guessing their Trump support vocally? They are saying what others are thinking. You just don't like it because that is one more vote The Donald would have to find otherwise...
Because most of the time, the people who post that were never Trump supporters in the first place. You know that, you just wanted to pretend it wasn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections