Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 12:17 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
There are a lot of things Trump can do.

Illegal immigrants from Mexico living in the U.S. send over 20 billion a year back home. That is just illegal immigrants. No tax on that money. Trump can easily tax that money 30% that is outgoing. That's 7 billion in 1 year. Wall only 10 billion.
That's not going to happen and I can tell you why. I live pretty close to the border. I'm willing to collect your money and walk over the border and send it to your relatives in Mexico and I'll only charge 5%. Many people would be willing to do that because it would be a profitable enterprise, and the USA can say "Bye bye" to that 30% tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 12:21 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
That's not going to happen and I can tell you why. I live pretty close to the border. I'm willing to collect your money and walk over the border and send it to your relatives in Mexico and I'll only charge 5%. Many people would be willing to do that because it would be a profitable enterprise, and the USA can say "Bye bye" to that 30% tax.
And you will do this legally?

Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,018 times
Tax the remittance payments that Mexicans send back home, or "surcharge" them. It's so simple, I have no idea why you geniuses can't figure it out. So many ways you can get Mexico to directly or indirectly pay for the damn wall. This isnt rocket science. In 2014 25 billion was sent back to Mexico in remittances. So do the math, figure out a small percentage and make it law.

Estimate on the wall is 10-12 billion dollars. You need about a thousand miles of actual "wall". The rest is made up of natural barriers and electronic surveillance backed up by actual border patrol.

Understand now??? This can be done easily, fully funded by Mexico without them actually writing a check. Only reason it hasn't been done is because the bought and paid for politicians in Washington don't want it done because of they're donors and lobbyist. Both republican and democrat.

This is why everyone in Washington, left and right establishment want Trump to just go away. They want business as usual, money in they're pockets. Trump is a threat to them and they want him stopped.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Others have already chimed in. This is so easy for Trump that he doesn't fell like going into details. Look, when Foxx says we won't pay for the f*&$ wall, the answer is they don't have to. We already have their money. What do you think the trade deficit is? We owe them. To open it up further, we can set up a fund and tax products crossing the border. They either pay or not do commerce with us. You might say it is the US consumer who will eventually pay the tax because prices go up. Not necessarily. Ford cannot sell their Focus $2500 higher than the Elantra or a Corolla. They have to eat the surcharge or move back.
Facts trump the Donald

If we tax their products crossing the border, they'll tax our products crossing the border. There are facts in the article I posted above including how much we sell to Mexico and how much it's increased since NAFTA came into being. Do we really want to go back to what we used to have?

Also, the trade deficit/surplus $$$$ belong to companies, not governments. You are asking Mexican companies to pay for Trump's wall -- and I think the answer is no.

Trump Killing Nafta Could Mean Big*Unintended Consequences for*the U.S. - Bloomberg

Old 04-04-2016, 01:04 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Tax the remittance payments that Mexicans send back home, or "surcharge" them. It's so simple, I have no idea why you geniuses can't figure it out. So many ways you can get Mexico to directly or indirectly pay for the damn wall. This isnt rocket science. In 2014 25 billion was sent back to Mexico in remittances. So do the math, figure out a small percentage and make it law.

Estimate on the wall is 10-12 billion dollars. You need about a thousand miles of actual "wall". The rest is made up of natural barriers and electronic surveillance backed up by actual border patrol.

Understand now??? This can be done easily, fully funded by Mexico without them actually writing a check. Only reason it hasn't been done is because the bought and paid for politicians in Washington don't want it done because of they're donors and lobbyist. Both republican and democrat.

This is why everyone in Washington, left and right establishment want Drumpf to just go away. They want business as usual, money in they're pockets. Drumpf is a threat to them and they want him stopped.
More like $25-60 billion dollars for a wall that wouldn't do anything.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And you will do this legally?
Why wouldn't it be legal? You can walk over the border every day if you want to and you don't have to declare how much money you are carrying unless it's over $10K (I think). People who live near the border go over all the time for all sorts of things: gasoline, coffee, dental work, prescriptions, cigarettes, liquor, etc.

Trust me. A 30% surcharge would have a lot of people doing this. Mexicans aren't stupid.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
More like $25-60 billion dollars for a wall that wouldn't do anything.
Trump was hoping to hire illegal labor to build it. Then he'll tell the concrete suppliers that they need to supply the concrete "pro bono" for the good of the country, and he'll pocket the difference.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:46 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Why wouldn't it be legal? You can walk over the border every day if you want to and you don't have to declare how much money you are carrying unless it's over $10K (I think). People who live near the border go over all the time for all sorts of things: gasoline, coffee, dental work, prescriptions, cigarettes, liquor, etc.

Trust me. A 30% surcharge would have a lot of people doing this. Mexicans aren't stupid.
Oh, let me see. If you are running a business, you would have to be licensed and pay taxes. So, if you are doing wire transfers of remittances and the law says you have to take out 30% in fees, then, yeah, if you are charging 10%, that wouldn't be legal.

It sounds like you are trying very hard to convince yourself that you wouldn't be doing anything wrong by using the worn out excuse "but everybody does it!"

You seem to be trying very hard to defend illegals and leaving the border unsecured. Just what is your dog in this fight?

Old 04-04-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, let me see. If you are running a business, you would have to be licensed and pay taxes. So, if you are doing wire transfers of remittances and the law says you have to take out 30% in fees, then, yeah, if you are charging 10%, that wouldn't be legal.

It sounds like you are trying very hard to convince yourself that you wouldn't be doing anything wrong by using the worn out excuse "but everybody does it!"

You seem to be trying very hard to defend illegals and leaving the border unsecured. Just what is your dog in this fight?
Technically, I'd only be doing it for "friends."

My dog is: I pay taxes. The wall is a huge waste of money. A lot of the illegals now are from Asia. Plus, I had a friend who was illegal. She came here on vacation and decided to just stay. She was from London. (She eventually married an American and I lost touch with her.) Anyway, I think we should treat all illegals the same and the wall isn't going to do it.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:22 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Absolutely. And everyone on these forums is paying for Healthcare for these illegals. The illegals are treated better than the wounded warriors.

It wasn't really a topic before Trump. Because nobody did anything about it, nor wanted to. Nobody wants to tackle the issue.
Very true and don't forget hoe much we pay for car insurance due to illegal aliens who are uninsured as well as other low life's would drive uninsured and/or with suspended licenses.

The middle class is pain heavily for all of that.

Our health insurance went up by 45% and Mr Obama lie about keeping your plan wasn't the truth as we couldn't keep our plan as blue cross informed us that our plan was no longer available as it wasn't in compliance with oBamacare. So we were forced into a new plan with higher premiums.

The people who still believe all the non sense should wake up one day as there is a point that the rich and middle class will leave and not willing to pay for the illegals and poor. What than?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections