Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 08:40 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times

Advertisements

"The 1st Amendment doesn't give you a heckler's veto. No one forces you to participate in anything. You have the right not to participate, but you don't have the right to silence everybody else. The 1st Amendment protects the religious liberty of Christians, the Jews, the Muslims, of Atheists. Everyone of us, we have the right to seek out and worship God, live according to our own faith and conscience. If that is religious faith, you have a right to live according to that. If you are an atheist, you have the right to live according to that. The amazing thing is, the Left likes to preach tolerance and diversity. There is nothing so intolerant as a Leftist who says, 'Don't you dare say Jesus around me. I will not tolerate the name of Jesus'. You know what? Live and let live, and recognize that Americans can choose to follow our own path." - Ted Cruz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trwo-rA16KM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 08:57 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
I agree with what he has to say.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with what he has to say.
I do as well because it is the right answer under our Constitution.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:09 AM

The Board wanted a consistent candidate on the abortion issue - Ted Cruz. The article sites how Trump has not been consistent.

Quote:
National Right to Life Political Committees will support Sen. Ted Cruz in upcoming primaries

National Right to Life Political Committees will support Sen. Ted Cruz in upcoming primaries | NRL News Today

Old 04-05-2016, 11:55 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The Board wanted a consistent candidate on the abortion issue - Ted Cruz. The article sites how Trump has not been consistent.
Here's Mr. Consistent at his finest ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FRPwgfc3RHc

Old 04-05-2016, 12:21 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Quote:
"The 1st Amendment doesn't give you a heckler's veto. No one forces you to participate in anything. You have the right not to participate, but you don't have the right to silence everybody else. The 1st Amendment protects the religious liberty of Christians, the Jews, the Muslims, of Atheists. Everyone of us, we have the right to seek out and worship God, live according to our own faith and conscience. If that is religious faith, you have a right to live according to that. If you are an atheist, you have the right to live according to that. The amazing thing is, the Left likes to preach tolerance and diversity. There is nothing so intolerant as a Leftist who says, 'Don't you dare say Jesus around me. I will not tolerate the name of Jesus'. You know what? Live and let live, and recognize that Americans can choose to follow our own path." - Ted Cruz

Right on!

Old 04-05-2016, 12:30 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Boy, Megan has a big smile. Wonder if Ted put that smile on her face?

How dumb is that woman asking the question about abortion? She thinks the POTUS can change abortion law. Figures someone without a clue would be at a Cruz townhall though, doesn't it?

I know what he reminds me of! Ventriloquist doll!

"Wearing his religion on his sleeve"? Exactly, I have known it was wrong what Cruz was doing from the beginning. He "talked the talk" but did not "walk the walk". Again, it is intention to turn OUR government into a Christian theocracy: Religion News Service - Coverage of religion, ethics and spirituality from around the globe

I don't agree on the schools. Separation of church and state means no praying in school unless you do it silently. I remember when prayer was required in school. We were not diverse like we are now. Ted's plan, which he has made some headway, is to require school vouchers in order to get the kids out of public schools and finance the religious schools which will further drive our schools into despair. The majority of families would not have the extra money to add to the voucher to buy the tuition. I do not believe that public school dollars should go to religious institutions.

OK, I'm bored, plus I just had lunch and this is ALL I can take.

As we know, Cruz cannot tell the truth. I wonder if he had an affair and the woman got pregnant, how would he feel about abortion then?

I oppose abortion. I oppose Cruz, his lying and deceit. He would sell his soul to Satan for the position of POTUS. Oh, that's right, that sale has been finalized. He reeks of hatred and evil. Don't be deceived. Disciples of Satan can be alluring.

Cruz won't have the time or support to overturn Roe vs Wade even if he is elected. This like SSM should not be decided on a state level. Cruz would be better suited for our country when we had 13 colonies although I suspect he is one that would have been burning "witches" at the stake.

Go away Cruz and take your lying and deceit with you! Those that know God know exactly what you are!

Old 04-05-2016, 12:48 PM

952 posts, read 518,803 times
Quote:

The 1st amendment protects the religious liberty of Muslims, but not their civil liberties to not be under surveillance by a Cruz administration. What other constitutional rights is he throwing under the bus in order to promote his religious agenda?

As for the final bolded comment, I want proof that any liberal ever said those words to him.

Live and let live, choose your own path, but I will make that path miserable for you.... that is what I hear him saying.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:12 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Boy, Megan has a big smile. Wonder if Ted put that smile on her face?

How dumb is that woman asking the question about abortion? She thinks the POTUS can change abortion law. Figures someone without a clue would be at a Cruz townhall though, doesn't it?

I know what he reminds me of! Ventriloquist doll!

"Wearing his religion on his sleeve"? Exactly, I have known it was wrong what Cruz was doing from the beginning. He "talked the talk" but did not "walk the walk". Again, it is intention to turn OUR government into a Christian theocracy: Religion News Service - Coverage of religion, ethics and spirituality from around the globe

I don't agree on the schools. Separation of church and state means no praying in school unless you do it silently. I remember when prayer was required in school. We were not diverse like we are now. Ted's plan, which he has made some headway, is to require school vouchers in order to get the kids out of public schools and finance the religious schools which will further drive our schools into despair. The majority of families would not have the extra money to add to the voucher to buy the tuition. I do not believe that public school dollars should go to religious institutions.

OK, I'm bored, plus I just had lunch and this is ALL I can take.

As we know, Cruz cannot tell the truth. I wonder if he had an affair and the woman got pregnant, how would he feel about abortion then?

I oppose abortion. I oppose Cruz, his lying and deceit. He would sell his soul to Satan for the position of POTUS. Oh, that's right, that sale has been finalized. He reeks of hatred and evil. Don't be deceived. Disciples of Satan can be alluring.

Cruz won't have the time or support to overturn Roe vs Wade even if he is elected. This like SSM should not be decided on a state level. Cruz would be better suited for our country when we had 13 colonies although I suspect he is one that would have been burning "witches" at the stake.

Go away Cruz and take your lying and deceit with you! Those that know God know exactly what you are!
If honesty is the driving force behind who you will or will not support you should be supporting Bernie. Trump lies all the time. All the time. On the Republican side Kasich is the most honest. So, if honesty is important to you, and you just can't vote Democrat, Kasich is who you should support.

Hyperbole is another form of lying, it is merely lying with a little bit of truth added.

Old 04-05-2016, 02:10 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If honesty is the driving force behind who you will or will not support you should be supporting Bernie. Trump lies all the time. All the time. On the Republican side Kasich is the most honest. So, if honesty is important to you, and you just can't vote Democrat, Kasich is who you should support.

Hyperbole is another form of lying, it is merely lying with a little bit of truth added.
How do you know Kasich doesn't lie ? Have you analyzed every public statement he has made ? If he was a threat to win the GOP nomination, you would see him ripped to shreds like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections