Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:16 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

You guys writing Trump's political obituary are setting yourselves up for a rude awakening.
The widely held beliefs that...the Trump-haters declare that if their anti-candidate falls one vote short at the convention ... his vote melts like ice cream, he dies as a candidate, and he will have no influence on the outcome because all those who were hoodwinked into voting for him and serving as his delegates earlier will have recanted because his most vocal opponents have unmasked him as a charlatan and a menace to the planet.

There are some serious problems with this perspective. It emanates from sources that, ..., have called it wrong at almost every stage of this campaign.

Trump Can Yet Prevail As Republicans Await A Deus Ex Machina - The New York Sun

Old 04-07-2016, 08:08 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times
I'll do my job on April 19th and vote Trump in NY's primary.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You guys writing Trump's political obituary are setting yourselves up for a rude awakening.
The widely held beliefs that...the Trump-haters declare that if their anti-candidate falls one vote short at the convention ... his vote melts like ice cream, he dies as a candidate, and he will have no influence on the outcome because all those who were hoodwinked into voting for him and serving as his delegates earlier will have recanted because his most vocal opponents have unmasked him as a charlatan and a menace to the planet.

There are some serious problems with this perspective. It emanates from sources that, ..., have called it wrong at almost every stage of this campaign.

So there's Conrad Black'opinion for you, whoever he is. Seriously, the article was so full of Trump bias and bullcrap that it was hard to take seriously, or even finish. In any case, it's opinion, not fact, and you, I, Mr. Conrad and the people he dismisses will all have to wait 'till July, probably, to see how it all turns out. Until then, we can all have fun speculating.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,702,403 times
OH, but what about this opinion piece? "The voters have spoken: Never Trump"

The voters have spoken: Never Trump

I like this part from the article:

"But, either way, it has become clear that Trump is ultimately doomed. True, he has a sizable lead in the upcoming New York primary, and he could secure the nomination without getting a majority of the popular vote. But Republican voters are correctly coming to understand that, even if he limps through the nominating process, his reckless candidacy will be a sure loser in the fall."

Old 04-07-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
So there's Conrad Black'opinion for you, whoever he is. Seriously, the article was so full of Trump bias and bullcrap that it was hard to take seriously, or even finish. In any case, it's opinion, not fact, and you, I, Mr. Conrad and the people he dismisses will all have to wait 'till July, probably, to see how it all turns out. Until then, we can all have fun speculating.
Biased, maybe. But you can't deny the facts that he lists and I take note, that you didn't address.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
OH, but what about this opinion piece?
Well. There's a difference. The WaPo has been constantly wrong about Trump since last July. So fail on that.

So now that that has been dispensed with, how about actually addressing the topic at hand.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:45 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:

I was wondering where you were yesterday, WK. Guess it took all day for you to find that article.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I was wondering where you were yesterday, WK. Guess it took all day for you to find that article.
You must not be that observant. I made 29 posts here yesterday.

BTW, the topic isn't about me. How about addressing the OP. Or does it not fit your narriative?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,652 posts, read 16,142,781 times
When Trump trounces Cruz in NY will all the fanboys and girls along with the media declare Cruz campaign in limbo death spiral as they falsely claim of Trumps after WI? and every other miniscule loss for that matter

Old 04-07-2016, 09:11 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
I made 29 posts here yesterday.
And not one of them was about Trumpy's big win in Wisconsin. Which you assured everyone was going to happen. Lol.... Lucky for you and Trumpy he got to run home to New York to lick his wounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections