Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2016, 10:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times

Advertisements

Speakers: Donald Trump was first. Kasich was second. Cruz was third. The thing was supposed to start at 8:00P and it didn't so a little before 9:00P I switched to another show I watch every week at that time. Never saw Trump. Never saw Kasich. When I came back to Fox, at 10:00P, Cruz was talking only so was everybody who was supposed to be listening to him at the affair. At the time, I thought one of two things, Fox News had its microphone in the wrong spot (but wouldn't they have fixed that problem after Trump spoke?) or 2) The speeches were dull and the audience was really rude. Fox News actually cut away from the Cruz speech. I switched to a Law & Order rerun on Sundance Channel when I saw CNN was doing something with the Democrats.

Questions for those that watched it:

Did Fox News stay on the full speeches of Trump and Kasich?

Was the audience acting the same way (super noisy - talking among themselves) for them?

Did anyone on Fox News say anything about the behavior of the audience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 11:33 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Kasich came on a few minutes after Mr Trump. You can probably catch it on the internet somewhere.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:04 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,073,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Speakers: Donald Trump was first. Kasich was second. Cruz was third. The thing was supposed to start at 8:00P and it didn't so a little before 9:00P I switched to another show I watch every week at that time. Never saw Trump. Never saw Kasich. When I came back to Fox, at 10:00P, Cruz was talking only so was everybody who was supposed to be listening to him at the affair. At the time, I thought one of two things, Fox News had its microphone in the wrong spot (but wouldn't they have fixed that problem after Trump spoke?) or 2) The speeches were dull and the audience was really rude. Fox News actually cut away from the Cruz speech. I switched to a Law & Order rerun on Sundance Channel when I saw CNN was doing something with the Democrats.

Questions for those that watched it:

Did Fox News stay on the full speeches of Trump and Kasich?

Was the audience acting the same way (super noisy - talking among themselves) for them?

Did anyone on Fox News say anything about the behavior of the audience?
Fox stayed on both the Kasich and Trump speech.

The sound was fine for both Kasich and Trump, and about for the first 1/3 of the Cruz speech. And then the sound went screwy. I kept watching, waiting for the sound to get fixed and it never did. Once the sound got f'd up you could really hear the audience talking and banging dishes around. It was pretty bad.

Cruz wasn't doing well with the audience right from the get-go (even when the sound was fine). Little laughter after jokes. Little applause for usual applause lines. It was painful to watch right from the start, and within a minute I knew it wasn't going to go well.

But the sound not being fixed in a timely manner was inexcusable. He is a presidential candidate and deserved more respect all the way around - from the sound guys (do your damn job, people) and from the audience. I read somewhere this morning that by the time Cruz was up, the audience had already been drinking for a while and that they pretty much ignored Cruz (taking selfies, ordering more drinks, dishes rattling etc.).

My take on the speeches - Kasich and Cruz - same boring stump speeches. Trump was actually the most interesting (spoke little about politics and a lot about how he got the skating rink up and running - very engaging and entertaining).

Didn't hear any commentary re: the audience behavior. But these folks paid $1000 each so I guess that makes them feel entitled to be rude.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:19 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
Didn't see it but Rush had a long segment on it today. The audio went bad abruptly. One second it was good, next all you could hear was spoons and forks hitting the plates. It felt like somebody laid the mic on the table next to the plates. Very weird.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
OK, I saw the video too. There was no malfunction or conspiracy. I have been at these banquets many times. Cruz was speaking while people were eating nobody was listening. I am not sure where the networks were picking up the audio from. It did not appear to be at the podium, otherwise you could not hear all that clatter.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:44 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Fox stayed on both the Kasich and Trump speech.

The sound was fine for both Kasich and Trump, and about for the first 1/3 of the Cruz speech. And then the sound went screwy. I kept watching, waiting for the sound to get fixed and it never did. Once the sound got f'd up you could really hear the audience talking and banging dishes around. It was pretty bad.

Cruz wasn't doing well with the audience right from the get-go (even when the sound was fine). Little laughter after jokes. Little applause for usual applause lines. It was painful to watch right from the start, and within a minute I knew it wasn't going to go well.

But the sound not being fixed in a timely manner was inexcusable. He is a presidential candidate and deserved more respect all the way around - from the sound guys (do your damn job, people) and from the audience. I read somewhere this morning that by the time Cruz was up, the audience had already been drinking for a while and that they pretty much ignored Cruz (taking selfies, ordering more drinks, dishes rattling etc.).

My take on the speeches - Kasich and Cruz - same boring stump speeches. Trump was actually the most interesting (spoke little about politics and a lot about how he got the skating rink up and running - very engaging and entertaining).

Didn't hear any commentary re: the audience behavior. But these folks paid $1000 each so I guess that makes them feel entitled to be rude.
If cruz were a person inclined to think that everything that didn't go his way was rigged, you would kinda expect him to be out tweeting all over the place about it. Haven't seen anything yet...

I'm sure it was really entertaining at a political even to hear about how great the rink is. Yeah, so much more important to them than a speech that would sell them on the candidate. Guess trump felt he has it all sewed up and doesn't have to work - in this state.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:40 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
I just watched it on YouTube. The audio was bad throughout, but you could hear the entire speeches. Trumps was a little chopped up and the timing was off for a portion.

Cruz gave the best speech, albeit it was his canned speech that he gives at every event. At least he detailed several things he plans to accomplish as president. He seemed to get the most frequent applause from the crowd.

Kasich made the claim that he would be a good president since he was a good congressman and governor. But he made no mention of what he'd like to accomplish as president. Almost as of he was not running for president but merely wanted to give his life history.

Trump gave a great speech...for someone running for Best New York Builder Of All Time. But nothing about his plans as president. He didn't even mention The Wall, which has been one of his biggest points. He did talk a bit about bringing jobs back, but still no details other than he will use his charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections