Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:59 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Right after you guys figure out your own narrative that alternately has Obama doing nothing but playing golf and vacationing and then has him working zealously 24/7 to destroy the country.

OK Pot?

Signed Kettle
Obama isnt on the ballot, nor the topic of the thread. but if you want to discuss him, then you guys need to figure out if Obama was successful, or had all of his policies blocked by the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 07:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Whether or not this is true, something doesn't add up. He's had many construction projects over many years and he's been a well known person for many years. If he's known for not paying his contractors, why are contractors continuing to bid on his projects? Surely they wouldn't take work, where they would not get paid. Would you take a job from someone who is known not to pay?

Old 06-14-2016, 12:02 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Whether or not this is true, something doesn't add up. He's had many construction projects over many years and he's been a well known person for many years. If he's known for not paying his contractors, why are contractors continuing to bid on his projects? Surely they wouldn't take work, where they would not get paid. Would you take a job from someone who is known not to pay?
Who says Trump kept using the same contractors? Maybe you need to check your numbers before you start adding.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:08 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You guys really need to figure out what the narrative is.. One day Trump just puts his name all over the place and doesnt hire anyone, the next, he hires all sorts of people, illegals and even worse, doesnt pay them..
He hires people for Mar-a-lago because he owns that. If you read the links, you would see who is suing.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Who says Trump kept using the same contractors? Maybe you need to check your numbers before you start adding.
Why don't you quote the part where I said he kept using the same contractors? Oh yeah, you can't, because I didn't.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Why don't you quote the part where I said he kept using the same contractors? Oh yeah, you can't, because I didn't.
This is what you said:
Quote:
I guess you think every contractor in a large metro like South Florida knows each other and hang out to share business secrets. They don't. They are each other's competition. They would actually benefit if Trump doesn't pay other contractors and makes them go out of businesses. Less competition.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
This is what you said:

I guess you think every contractor in a large metro like South Florida knows each other and hang out to share business secrets. They don't. They are each other's competition. They would actually benefit if Trump doesn't pay other contractors and makes them go out of businesses. Less competition.
I stand by what I said. Owners of similar businesses are often friends or acquaintances of their competitors and speak to each other regularly. I have family who owned construction businesses. They were good friends with competitors and spoke to them at least weekly. If one of them didn't get paid, word would spread fast though many circles, especially if it was the norm.

The business I am in now is the same, except for it's not bound by geography. I've networked with people from all over the country. A group of us have even met in person. The exchange of information between competitors helps everyone's business.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Default Biggest political story of the day CNN posts anti-Trump stories

With Hillary Clinton being cleared, as expected by AG Loretta. No surprises. Ryan, the speaker of the house issues statement that no one should be above the law yet CNN frontpage posts anti-Trump story about the fall of his Taj Mahal.

What a joke CNN has become, a Hillary News Network.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:28 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
CNN = Clinton News Network.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Earlier they had some unhinged fat woman screaming/ranting about Atlantic City....wouldn't let anyone else talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections