Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 12:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

They have gotten quite brazen about stealing the election from Donald Trump. I've never seen anything like it.

What kind of political party gives delegates to someone who fails to win elections?

NBC Reporter: Cruz to Win Half Of Pennsylvania's Delegates, "Even If He Comes In Distant Third" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 12:12 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They have gotten quite brazen about stealing the election from Donald Trump. I've never seen anything like it.
Remember back in June when they were confidently predicting Trump will NOT be the nominee before a single vote was cast? Well, they knew something you and I didn't.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:14 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Remember back in June when they were confidently predicting Trump will NOT be the nominee before a single vote was cast? Well, they knew something you and I didn't.

Seems like they certainly did. Well at least the rotten to the core system is being exposed for what it is now. IMO, every state ought to demand reimbursement from the GOP for these sham elections.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
That the republican party is sleazy? I knew that and it was proven during the 2012 convention on how they treated Ron Paul by changing the rules.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:21 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Trump needs to get to 1237. Everyone that speaks on behalf of his campaign are confident that he will get it, then there will be no second ballot where the crooked rules and delegates come into play.

The media is trying to discourage people and slow Trump's momentum, and they won't stop until the very end.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:30 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
Quote:
That reminds me Jeb! Bush looking at trump in one of the debates and saying "you will not be the nominee." It was probably the most confident he sounded his whole campaign and I remember wondering if he knew something we all didn't.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
That reminds me Jeb! Bush looking at trump in one of the debates and saying "you will not be the nominee." It was probably the most confident he sounded his whole campaign and I remember wondering if he knew something we all didn't.

This is exactly what came to my mind too. He had a smirk on his face at the time and I got the same feeling.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:51 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

What kind of political party gives delegates to someone who fails to win elections?

NBC Reporter: Cruz to Win Half Of Pennsylvania's Delegates, "Even If He Comes In Distant Third" | Video | RealClearPolitics
These are not new rules, they have been in the Green Papers on the Internet for a long time. They have been discussed on Nate Silver's page and various other sites. The delegates they are talking about are unbound. They DO NOT belong to Trump, no matter what percentage of the votes he gets. They have never belonged to Trump. They have been available for Trump to pursue. The guy who bragged he can make the best deals should have been able to get those delegates. He's been outplayed, plain and simple.

None of this would have been an issue for Trump if he had ran as an independent instead of trying to hijack the Republican Party. Why on Earth would the party leadership want to support him when all he has done is trash them?

Old 04-19-2016, 01:01 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
These are not new rules, they have been in the Green Papers on the Internet for a long time. They have been discussed on Nate Silver's page and various other sites. The delegates they are talking about are unbound. They DO NOT belong to Trump, no matter what percentage of the votes he gets. They have never belonged to Trump. They have been available for Trump to pursue. The guy who bragged he can make the best deals should have been able to get those delegates. He's been outplayed, plain and simple.

None of this would have been an issue for Trump if he had ran as an independent instead of trying to hijack the Republican Party. Why on Earth would the party leadership want to support him when all he has done is trash them?
I don't remember him trashing them until they made it quite clear he was unwelcome and would not have their support.
As far as running as an independent, everyone knows that's just a waste of time, money and would hand the election to Hillary.
The GOP is a "Good Old Boys" club. Those rules were set up state by state long ago just in case someone like Trump came along who they didn't approve of. It's their firewall to prevent anyone from getting the nomination who they won't give their blessings to. It's their club though and they can run it however they want to.
I do think there will be a big backlash for the GOP when all is said and done and they've shut the door in Trump's face.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

If Trump engaged in the same type of behavior as the establishment, the headlines would read 'Trump shows his New York values; bribes potential second ballot delegates ahead of the convention.'

Since it's the establishment doing the bribing, it's called 'ground game.'

He is damned either way.

Personally I like that he's ahead by popular votes and delegates for the first ballot. He's beating them at their rigged game while keeping his nose clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections