Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 03:31 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Unfortunately I think it's entirely possible.

Not only do I believe that George H. Bush was forced on Regan, but more importantly, I believe Reagan was forced into letting Bush make all the staff and cabinet selections.
You haven't read any of the Reagan Biographies if you believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 03:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I agree, that Kasich would not want to give his delegates to Cruz, either, but between the Trump and Cruz, I think Kasich would rather Cruz because Trump has acted as the spoiler in this election cycle for the GOP. I might be completely mistaken, but I think that Trump's actions as a spoiler are perceived by more traditional Republicans as an attack on the party itself, and while they loathe Cruz, they don't see him damaging the party the way that they see Trump damaging the party.

Kasich has 149 delegates, lets say he gets to 200 delegates by June 7th. Being generous giving him 50 delegates since he won't win a state.

Cruz will be over 450-500 delegates short of 1,237.......even if Kasich gives his his 200 delegates (generous) to be Cruz #2, Cruz will still be short of 300 plus delegates. That's too many delegates to "persuade"......Unless Cruz makes a deal with Kasich and Rubio and Cruz gets all of the 370 delegates they have but I don't see it. Plus, Trump's camp will not stand still and do nothing if they are short of 1,237 delegates because if they come up short I'm guessing he will be short of 75 delegates or less after California and New Jersey votes in JUNE 7TH. Its way easier for Trump to negotiate for the remaining 75 delegates or less than Cruz trying to negotiate between 450 to 500 delegates.

plus Cruz giving Kasich the #2 spot, how many Cruz supporters who are mostly conservatives will be o.k with Cruz negotiating policies and platform with Kasich who many conservatives from Glenn Beck, Levin, and Rush thinks is a RINO?......I can't see Kasich taking orders from Ted Cruz, especially when Ted is too stubborn to come to the middle and be a moderate like he has proven in the senate....I can't see Kasich working under Cruz, especially when he Kasich has more experienced in congress and executive being governor of a big state.

I can see Kasich working with Trump and bringing Donald to the middle on social issues, economic and foreign policy.....Ted is too stubborn with his purist conservative ideology.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:07 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, I think Kasich would rather give his support to Cruz than Trump.
There has been nothing to suggest this is the case.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:58 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Kasich and Cruz delegate votes are still not enough for 1237.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:01 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Unfortunately I think it's entirely possible.

Not only do I believe that George H. Bush was forced on Regan, but more importantly, I believe Reagan was forced into letting Bush make all the staff and cabinet selections.
Agree, trump can't make the same mistake Reagan did. Those weasels will try to get in anyway they can, the neoconservatives can kick rocks.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:04 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,221,095 times
I would prefer Rubio, but Kasich should deliver Ohio so can't complain.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:43 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times
I think Kasich is more likely to endorse Trump then Cruz, but I don't know if I believe Kasich will be anyone's VP. I think Cruz is becoming more and more unpopular while Trump is becoming more accepted by mainstream and establishment Republicans.

Of the short list Trump said would make good VPs, Kasich would be the best choice imo, if he would accept it I'm not sure.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:55 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,968,692 times
His VP will be a woman. Trump will get the nomination before the convention because he is gonna do very well with the bigots in the NE and he will probably get enough delegates in Indiana and California. Some delegates will switch to Trump to avoid a convention fiasco and start attacking Hillary as soon as possible. The GOP is in trouble but Cruz is even a more unpopular candidate and they know that.

Trump needs to prove "he loves women" Maybe Nikki Haley will raise her hand for the assignment if she is that desperate for power. If no one signs up for the job there is always Sarah Palin, Omarosa, Jeanine Pirro, and Ivanka Trump.

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 04-22-2016 at 11:03 PM..

Old 04-22-2016, 11:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsallrightmama View Post
My husband thinks so...

You don't just "give" delegate... LOL!!
Someones husband is an idiot!
Once unbound, they are free to go where their free will takes them.(ted cruz)

Trump has only received more than 50% of the vote in one state. Cruz, 8 states with over 50%, + a kickass grassroot ground game to gather delegates in the states he didn't get 50%. That second vote is going to be brutal to Trump and with more Cruz supporters there, the violence he insights, may be overwhelmed quickly.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:21 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I think Attorney General In Waiting Chris Christie should open up a RICO case on both parties and the next AG should also ask the IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agents to audit the tax returns of all delegates to both conventions. A bribe is a bribe. They better be claiming it as other income on their tax returns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections