Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:42 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Why would anyone vote for Hillary when she is in bed with the big banks?
Big banks? Talk about low hanging fruit. She has gotten money from Saudi Arabia to arrange for record arms deals with us defense contractors. She arranged for the sale of 20% of US plutonium production to a shell company fronting for the kremlin. She receives millions for countries like Qatar, UAE, etc.

It's the definition of corrupt politics. For instance, CALPERS, the largest pension fun in the world, placed tens of millions of dollars with the hedge fund ran by Hillary's son in law - guy was a first time manager, no track record. Gee, I wonder why they did that? Perhaps to buy influence with Hill and Bill? The result? The taxpayers of California lost millions of dollars on his speculation on Greek bank stocks and bonds. It's truly sickening. I am by no means saying it is unique to Hillary, but this is the epitome of special interests buying influence with politicians.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:13 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Big banks? Talk about low hanging fruit. She has gotten money from Saudi Arabia to arrange for record arms deals with us defense contractors. She arranged for the sale of 20% of US plutonium production to a shell company fronting for the kremlin. She receives millions for countries like Qatar, UAE, etc.

It's the definition of corrupt politics. For instance, CALPERS, the largest pension fun in the world, placed tens of millions of dollars with the hedge fund ran by Hillary's son in law - guy was a first time manager, no track record. Gee, I wonder why they did that? Perhaps to buy influence with Hill and Bill? The result? The taxpayers of California lost millions of dollars on his speculation on Greek bank stocks and bonds. It's truly sickening. I am by no means saying it is unique to Hillary, but this is the epitome of special interests buying influence with politicians.
No, Mrs. Clinton DID NOT take any donations from Saudi Arabia. Donations to the Clinton Foundation, a charity that does not enrich the Clintons received donations.
Quote:
the report does not allege a direct connection between the arms sales and the donations
Hillary scrutinized for arms sales at State | TheHill
Once again, there was no quid pro quo which makes it corrupt. There is no indication that favors were given in exchange for government decisions. This is just another example of the smear machine at work.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Fair points I mostly agree with. I will point out however, the democratic nomination of Hillary is bordering on non-democratic. She was basically chosen for the dem nominee without any other viable alternative. I think the republican process was almost a victim of being true democracy, as with 17 candidates, it was hard for any one candidate to gain traction - except for the one running as the outsider. If from day 1, you saw Paul ryan and trump as the only two republican candidates, the outcome may have been different.

Also, I'm not sure many people are convinced he can't win. I think a large part of trump's success is due to how appealing he has been to the masses. People want to feel like they are part of the winning team. If trump was polling at 3-4%, I don't think people would be so gung-ho in their support, myself included.
The masses?? Prior to this primary process, there were polls showing that 63% of republican voters believe that Obama is a Kenyan muslim, including Trump (whose entire Hawaiian birther squad came up with zilch). They also don't believe in evolution.

Those are your masses--and they aren't going to amass much more than what they have.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:27 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This is the prediction by the Center for Politics, a nonpartisan organization, which did everything it could do to give Trump a state. If there was even a remote possibility Trump would win a state, they gave it to him. Trump fans, come on now ... join you're friends who were feeling the Bern and face up to facts. Trump is a non starter.

Can Donald Trump really win the White House?
Wow, how sad that 347 supposed delegates would vote for a woman WHO IS UNDER A FEDERAL INVESTIGATION FOR VIOLATING NATIONAL SECURITY simply becasue she is an Arkansas democrat..pathetic

Old 05-02-2016, 04:37 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow, how sad that 347 supposed delegates would vote for a woman WHO IS UNDER A FEDERAL INVESTIGATION FOR VIOLATING NATIONAL SECURITY simply becasue she is an Arkansas democrat..pathetic
Emphasis on "investigation".

Mick

Old 05-02-2016, 04:39 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
The projection seems accurate to me ... if the election was held this week. Who knows what the political climate will be in November?

Old 05-02-2016, 04:42 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
First, electors are not "delegates." Second, in America one is innocent until proven guilty. Mrs. Clinton has been smeared over the decades by partisans with political motives and allegations have never panned out.
Third, she will be running against a narcissistic blowhard, who has no grasp of policy and who the fact checkers have already said that 75% of what he says is not true. Moreover, key demographic groups are clearly against him.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:43 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
And yet there are delegates who would vote for Trump, being sued for his fraudulent fake university and, oh yeah, a rape lawsuit.

Articles: The Art of the Con: the Trump U Fraud Case

Donald Trump Named in Lawsuit Alleging Rape of Teen Girl | RedState

Old 05-02-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Emphasis on "investigation".

Mick
Tha fact that there is even a hint of innapropriate behavior, she should have disqualified herself. But then again, how many times has she been given a free pass for her blatant lies? And yet there is national outrage and condemnation when Trump utters a non kind word about ISSIS killers..To Shrillary, it has always been about her selfish desires first, and if the American people should somehow benifit, thats purely coincedental.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
First, electors are not "delegates." Second, in America one is innocent until proven guilty. Mrs. Clinton has been smeared over the decades by partisans with political motives and allegations have never panned out.
Third, she will be running against a narcissistic blowhard, who has no grasp of policy and who the fact checkers have already said that 75% of what he says is not true. Moreover, key demographic groups are clearly against him.

hmmm...

Quote:
electors are not "delegates."
umm..ok, nice deflection there

Quote:
Second, in America one is innocent until proven guilty.
Oh really? lLets ask officer Darren Wilson, George Zimmerman, and the Duke Lacrosse team, about that...

Quote:
Mrs. Clinton has been smeared over the decades by partisans with political motives and allegations
Ahhh.. yes..the VAST right wing conspiracy huh? I didnt realize Ambassadore Stevens widow was a partisan with a "political motive"...hmm imagine that

Quote:
allegations have never panned out.
Lets ask Vince Foster..oh wait..he died under mysterious circumstances..Lets ask Sandy Berger who stole papers from the national archives..oh wait..hes dead too..hmm

Quote:
Third, she will be running against a narcissistic blowhard, who has no grasp of policy and who the fact checkers have already said that 75% of what he says is not true.
Umm...Obama cant run for a 3rd term..so i dont know what your bringing him up for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections