Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US take $1.5 trillion in Iraqi oil?
Yes 67 47.52%
No 74 52.48%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:26 PM

501 posts, read 361,643 times

Advertisements

Trump REPEATEDLY says "in war, to the victor goes the spoils"

That doesn't mean BY FORCE???? Who says "in war, to the victor goes the spoils" over and over without meaning force????

Is the saying "in war, to the victor goes the spoils" actually supposed to be interpreted as "in war, the victor asks politely for $1.5 trillion or more in oil wealth, and if the owner of the oil refuses, then the victor politely walks away"???

Old 06-03-2016, 08:29 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
He "studies war"...his "whole life is a war"... There ya have it folks. Priceless.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:32 PM

You Really Have to Listen to Donald Trump Talk About Iraq -- NYMag

Quote:
Trump: I always heard that when we went into Iraq, we went in for the oil. I said, "Eh, that sounds smart."
WSJ: So you would keep troops in Iraq after this year?
Trump: I would take the oil.
WSJ: I don't understand how you would take the — does that mean keeping troops there, or staying involved in Iraq?
Trump: You heard me, I would take the oil.
Trump: We have thousands of people that died, our great soldiers. They died. Men and women, lots of people. We have thousands of people all over this country that are wounded, horribly wounded, with legs and arms. And lots —
WSJ: I think that they thought they were —
Trump: Excuse me.
WSJ: Sorry.
Trump: And I would not want to be the one that would tell their parents that your son, your daughter, has died in vain, been wounded in vain. But I would not want to be the one who goes up to somebody that has a son or daughter that died in Iraq and tell them, "By the way, Iran has taken over Iraq, because we have so weakened that nation that they essentially don't have an army that can fight back as they have for hundreds of years." So I would absolutely keep the oil ...
WSJ: I think that the soldiers fighting in Iraq were also fighting for freedom, not necessarily fighting for oil.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:35 PM

Should also be pointed out that Trump's own campaign ads say the US should take ISIS' oil. Great idea, right? But guess what? ISIS' oil was STOLEN from Iraq. Are we really going to steal Iraqi oil simply because it was stolen by ISIS first?

Donald Trump will 'cut the head off ISIS and take their oil,' first TV ad says - Washington Times

Old 06-03-2016, 08:37 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,257 times
Are you going to provide any proof that Trumps wants to take oil by force, or are you going to keep repeating the same nonsense over, and over again?

Old 06-03-2016, 08:39 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Take the oil... from ISIS... take their source of income.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
Should also be pointed out that Trump's own campaign ads say the US should take ISIS' oil. Great idea, right? But guess what? ISIS' oil was STOLEN from Iraq. Are we really going to steal Iraqi oil simply because it was stolen by ISIS first?

Donald Trump will 'cut the head off ISIS and take their oil,' first TV ad says - Washington Times
Why not?.. the left lets the illegals steal from America.. we need more money to support all those illegals who want food stamps and housing and heating vouchers and medical care and maternity care and cheese lines. We need to steal to feed the stealers.. it is the left who want the muslims here too .. to get welfare benefits.. we are going broke..

Old 06-03-2016, 08:43 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
okey-doke.

Go Trump!

Old 06-03-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Are you going to provide any proof that Trumps wants to take oil by force, or are you going to keep repeating the same nonsense over, and over again?
What in the world are you rambling about??? How would the US take Iraqi oil by $1.5 trillion if not by force? how can you possibly look at all this sources, all these quotes and think it is not by force???

Why would Trump say it would be easy to takeover Iraq's oilfields because the US has decapitated its army if he didn't mean by force???

Why would Trump say "we stay and occupy Iraq's second largest oilfield" if it doesn't mean by force??? What do you think occupation means????

Old 06-03-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
So the Iraqies are just going to give it to us?
If they want us to help get their country back out of the hands of ISIS.. yes,, bargain for the oil.. our services don't come cheap anymore..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections